Economy

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Skylane182
Airman Basic

Economy

Post by Skylane182 »

I've been thinking, Wouldn't it be cool to have a simulated income to buy your Aircraft parts? Like, Right now A2A is top notch stuff, But you could also choose the best parts right off the bat and not worry about over fueling or maintenance, I've had an idea where the Pilot can either choose to have Sandbox mode (like it is now) or Real world mode, Where you could set your Real world income Fictional income, or a Random income, Every month you get a Virtual check in the sim to buy new parts or fix your plane up, Or maybe upgrade it, That way it's not just another Add-on, Instead it would be something special, Remember i'm not saying to have it forced to the pilot, Just another option in the Shift+3 menu or the maintenance hanger,

For example, I have Real world mode enabled, My income is 50K per year, Every month i get a 4K check, I need new oil, So lets say oil is $100-$150, Well thats $100 out of my account, Uhh ohh, I need more fuel, Average fuel price $5.10 per Gal for 100LL (or per LB, Can't remember what it is), So i need 20 Gallons for the trip, $102 out of my account,

Want a new Prop? Thats gonna cost you also, Basically just like real life, Just to give it an extra notch to simming, Especially for Student's,

But of course with Sandbox mode you don't have to pay a dime, and the financial part isn't simulated,

So anyway, What do you guys think? Should this be put in? (I hope so :D)

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Economy

Post by n421nj »

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I almost think you should get paid for flights flown. Since the sim tracks time, it would be cool to have annual inspections as well as 100hr inspection reminders. I guess really you would need a 3rd party program like airhauler or even captain of the ship but specifically for A2A planes. That's a million dollar idea.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

its not too hard to do this the old fashion way with paper and pencil. The basic cost is gas and and oil. Then there is hanger rent, insurance and so forth which you don't really need to track. You can do a Google search for all the above numbers plus mechanics time and replacement parts. The sim tells you hours flown so you can easily do cost per hours. it would actually be a pretty good learning experience. When I was flying the B377 a lot I kept a log book with all kinds of flight info in it. Its not hard to do and for FSX needs to be only as much like a pilot's log book as you care to make it.

I did a quick Google search for Avgas in Southern Oregon where I live. At KMFR you can get self serve 100LL whatever that is, for $5.01/gal. Who knew you could do self serve avgas in Oregon? Of course in FSX gas is free so instead of cost per mile I have been tracking miles per gallon with the Comanche. my best so far on flights over 100 miles is 12 miles per gallon.
Last edited by bullfox on 05 Oct 2015, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

It would be cool to start with a base aircraft and then try to save up for fancy addons like gap seals a different prop and fine wire plugs while paying for fuel and oil and maintenance etc.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Post by svaughn01 »

FSEconomy does this and its free... www.fseconomy.net

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”