Prepar3d V3 Release date Wednesday 30th September

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Poppet
Airman First Class

Re: Prepar3d V3 Release date Wednesday 30th September

Post by Poppet »

Jason210 wrote: Where can I find these new installers please?

/J
Jason just re download the installer from your place of purchase.

Run-Install-Fly..........Easy peasy lemon and some slight squeezy :D
Elaine Dixon

Jason210
Staff Sergeant

Post by Jason210 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Jason210 wrote:Have these installers been released yet?

I logged into my account and re-downloaded my previous purchases - when I checked the dates on the exe files in each compressed folder, they were four years old, and no readme files or anything. So I didn't install them.

Where can I find these new installers please?

/J
Not sure what you are downloading Jason but none of the P3D simulations are 4 years old.

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis, I had misunderstood - I thought that P3D installers had been released for existing historic aircraft, like the the B-377, so I was referring to those files.

It doesn't matter now because I have been manually moving the aircraft over to P3D and they seem to work. Just some small issues with keys like gear or flaps not being mapped. I've moved the B-17 and the B-377 so far. At least I know I can continue to use these for a few more years.

/Jason

Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.6GHz
nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Jason210 wrote:It doesn't matter now because I have been manually moving the aircraft over to P3D and they seem to work. Just some small issues with keys like gear or flaps not being mapped. I've moved the B-17 and the B-377 so far. At least I know I can continue to use these for a few more years.
If you put an FSX.exe in the P3D root folder, you can use the older installers to install the B-17, P51 etc. Just direct them into P3D.

spork
Staff Sergeant

Post by spork »

bladerunner900 wrote:
Jason210 wrote:It doesn't matter now because I have been manually moving the aircraft over to P3D and they seem to work. Just some small issues with keys like gear or flaps not being mapped. I've moved the B-17 and the B-377 so far. At least I know I can continue to use these for a few more years.
If you put an FSX.exe in the P3D root folder, you can use the older installers to install the B-17, P51 etc. Just direct them into P3D.

Not always true. I have one in my P3D folder and the 377 will not install, it keeps giving me an error message about corruption. The B-17, P-51 and Cub all went in perfectly though (although the Cub is stuck to the ground).
ImageImage
ImageImage

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

spork wrote:Not always true. I have one in my P3D folder and the 377 will not install, it keeps giving me an error message about corruption.
Ah yes. I forgot I had to use the Estonia migration tool for that one in the past. :wink:

Edit:
It's not that it's corrupt. The installer is looking for some pre-existing files that are obviously not there. So when they can't be found, it fails with that corruption message.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”