Uninstalling A2A

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Uninstalling A2A

Post by Rarebear »

Hey guys, As I had mentioned previously im on a new Pc and Im trying to get a bunch of bugs worked out.

Somehow all of my a2a stuff isnt working properly so im trying to un install all of a2a stuff and RE install. but not sure how to do the Uninstall part. any tips? thanks.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Uninstalling A2A

Post by Scott - A2A »

Use the windows control panel, programs uninstaller.

For those airplanes with a separate Accu-Sim pack, always uninstall in this order:
- Accu-Sim pack
- Airplane

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Out of interest whats the issue your encountered?

Most common issue with new builds is not updating FSX correctly to the latest version or the windows 0S itself prior to installing the simulations, including our A2A ones. A reinstall of the A2A software would not cure any of those issues, as its the core platform that needs setting up first.

Things to check;
FSX service packs/Acceleration if disc edition?
Windows all updated?
Drivers all updated correctly and not just running default MS Windows drivers?
Direct X9 files all installed and updated correctly?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

I know this is an old thread now, but is it a problem with A2A or other addons? Did you try to reinstall simconnect? I find that it's a problem some times. Also, though A2A don't use it, FSUIPC can affect addons as well.
Family, Friends, and I
are the most important things
in life. Always in that order.
Once you're faced with death you will no longer be scared of it.
Life has a new joy to it, cherish it.
Craig McN.

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

Thanks Guys, I was traveling for a couple of weeks and I couldnt get on here. I was able to un install all the a2a stuff.

JDW

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

Lewis. I am not sure what the deal is.

heres my spiel. I had my old hardrive placed into my new pc only as a readable drive not as a windows running drive since I couldnt get it to start because of the clean install on my new pc due to new drivers needed installation before they started up. weird I know.

I copy pasted most of my stuff back like Log.bin and aircraft but then noticed that it just wasnt recognizing all my stuff so I completely uninstalled everything and am now at a complete clean install.

I am about to give up because I am getting an appcrash just random 2-5 minutes into the simulation. I had a BEX crash and fixed that I installed the UI automactioncore no success, disabled my antivirus nada and the appcrash im getting right now is FSX.exe not sure why.

By the way, The A2A stuff was working properly in the new install.

JDW

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Out of interest whats the issue your encountered?
Lewis
I was getting like engines exploding in the P51 after 2 minutes with high Manifold Pressure. stuff breaking randomly having to go to the garage and stuff. just weird stuff. I think its cause I merged an old installation to a new one. Im starting completely new now.

JDW

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

If you haven't nuked your existing install yet, issues like broken A2A planes are often caused by faulty Simconnect. Maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling that before you go for a clean FSX install?

Tym

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sounds like you may have tried moving files rather than installing? Never a good idea unless you know 100% all windows locations for the file directories and even I often forget them + you then end up with missing reg entries which can cause issues.

I would nuke your FS installation delete anything left over and then restart your machine run a reg cleaner and restart again. Then reinstall to start over and remember to install not move from another hard drive. If you want to keep hours with the A2A software all you need move over after a valid installation is the .dat files.

Prior to installing anything though you need to get FSX be it disc or steam edition installed and running. Only once its running and working should you be installing the third party software such as ours.

thanks,
Lewis

Billy5678
Airman Basic

Post by Billy5678 »

I have a thing about the C172

So I installed the updates for A2A which I updated the C172
The oil temp would not work, like it was broken so I tried to delete the plane And reinstall but there is no uninstaller AND i DON'T know how to do it

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Billy5678 wrote:I have a thing about the C172

So I installed the updates for A2A which I updated the C172
The oil temp would not work, like it was broken so I tried to delete the plane And reinstall but there is no uninstaller AND i DON'T know how to do it
Hello Billy,

if you can create a new thread with your exact issue we can better help you. A reinstall is rarely needed and we advise against it for simple issues as it can do more harm than good on an installation, causing more frustration down the road.

For your issue for example, it sounds like a breaker has gone and you missed it during your pre-flight checks.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”