Accu-sim T6 Texan goes into active development

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
crazac
Technical Sergeant

Re: Accu-sim T6 Texan goes into active development

Post by crazac »

Seeing these photos made me wonder if we'll have a version with the no spinner prop. I have always liked that look.

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

crazac wrote:Seeing these photos made me wonder if we'll have a version with the no spinner prop.
I hope so too ... then we'll [hopefully] get a host of NZ Warbird repaints ....

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

You will not even need the replaced whip aerials, most those were deleted later once in private hands but even the WWII station aircraft were null and void of most anything, that covers many variants to suit a paint and , with a cowl mast , not so important but it dose cover the very historical aircraft , I'm sure this must be one off those , Cessna/Piper cowl type modes ... little click and away you go ... I had a stop in Wigram today and really looked at ...

My words "A Harvard on a Stick" in a previous post ... least that is going nowhere for a PHOTOREAL paint , Mike, from land of OZ is of to Warbirds over Wanaka this Easter , it was great having a chat, after Wiggy , here all day pulling books, and relaxing with a cold one, I think this one is going to be dang interesting , Its like everyone has an airshow that ya don't see a Harvard/Texan your not at an airshow.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

Think that may happen to all of us at some stage.

I have encountered it once when in a Harvard 2 with a 4 tailwheel and was wheeled on, the stick was placed to far forward and the tailwheel unlocked.

I've experienced them in vintage GA, but only once in a T-6. Friend of mine was reported to have done it in a Robin DR400....can't see how that could have happened?! ;)

Martin

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I sincerely hope we'll all experience them in the Accusim T-6! The simulator needs a taildragger with accurate ground handling!

I wonder how you can do a ground loop in a tricycle gear plane too?! Maybe one of the brakes was locked? On older DR400's the differential brake is activated if the rudder paddle is fully pushed in one direction. Full right rudder = right brake. Maybe that's what happens. That sure wasn't any fun either in a Robin :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Tomas Linnet wrote:Lewis during test :lol: :D
Oh Dang!! :lol:

I'm sure I'll be doing these all the time. Probably won't even get to the runway. :D

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

crazac wrote:
Tomas Linnet wrote:Lewis during test :lol: :D
Oh Dang!! :lol:

I'm sure I'll be doing these all the time. Probably won't even get to the runway. :D
I'm sure with a few hours practicing, just like the student pilots did in the 40s and 50s (and well still do today) you and anyone else will be able to control the T-6, or at least become proficient as she will always try to bite you. You can only relax when you come to a halt and that engine stops!

That's the thing about A2A machines, they go so much more than other simulator aircraft and you are as a customer will be experiencing the type as it was designed and flown. You may see a T-6 of some sort at an airshow and watch it take off and fly-by, now sometime in the future you will be able to find out what it truly takes to operate such a machine and it's not all plain sailing. Makes you respect what people have done in the past and continue to do today. It's not easy, it's a challenge and that is something that I have always looked for in the simulator. Looking forward to many say educational hours in my T-6.

All my experience has been sat in the back, at times been chauffeured around the sky, soon it will be time to actually do some real work!

Best wishes,

Martin

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian Warren »

Martin, I think the best movie using the Harvard/Texan was the first "The Tuskegee Airmen" Laurence Fishburne and Cuba Gooding JR ... think it maybe another watch tonight for me :D

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian Warren »

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

is this T6 a T6G?

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

As Dudley says the airframe used for to create the flight model and for primary references was a T-6G.

Martin

Anawake
Airman First Class

Post by Anawake »

Good morning, fellow aviators!

Frohe Ostern!
Happy Easter holidays and bonnes Pâques, y´all!

There are a few things I´d like to share!

This is a USAF Manuals for the T-6G I had used for the a freeware simulator plane:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uk6f9zeigxjgf ... 1.pdf?dl=0

But be aware that this manual was last revised in 1952 and is to be for simulated flight only. The content can differ to the content found in the A2A-manual accompanied with the A2A T-6 Sim Plane.
It can give you an overview over the procedures, handling characteristics and maybe flight performances, etc.
And you are getting the answer on why you start the R-1340-AN1 with prop controls in DECREASED RPM und shut down likewise. And most important of all: you´ll know what that hump behind the cockpit might be :)

And here´s a very good article from Boldmethod.com regarding ground handling on both, taildraggers and tricycles:
http://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/ ... stability/

And yes, a tricycle can be ground looped, too :)
Boldmethod is a rich resource for aviation and aviation safety knowledge, which can be used in addition to AOPA Saftey videos and articles.

It´s worth a glance or two as it provides some very good material to become a even more proficient flyer.

Have fun!
Cheers,
Marco

Image Image

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian Warren »

Hi ya Marco, thanks for the good link, It dose cover the 'G' well and truly, exactly the same as the early variants ... one thing I do like in these manuals is the 1940s cartoons thru out them .. I should scan and collect and compose them, I would love to know the USAF artist who did these.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”