Accu-sim T6 Texan goes into active development

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Re: Accu-sim T6 Texan goes into active development

Post by Paul K »

I had a chat with Gary Numan at the display pilot's briefing at RAF Alconbury once, and a very nice bloke he is too. I remember his 'Japanese' Harvard carried the name 'Hirohito Plentysaki' or something similar.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Very cool pictures Martin. It seems like you got a lot of time in the T-6 in real life!

Thanks for sharing!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Very cool pictures Martin. It seems like you got a lot of time in the T-6 in real life!

Thanks for sharing!
And luckily still do. Now I research histories and schemes for owners and am known worldwide. At present have a number of projects on the go including 2 in the UK (one a repaint of one of my firsts), 2 in Italy, 1 in the States and a new one this week in Switzerland. Keeps me busy nearly all my spare time, but really enjoy the work. Find it very interesting and with over 30 years involvement with the T-6, am learning something new everyday. So many variations and changes to the aircraft's family tree!

Checked through my logbooks this morning and have about 70 hours in the back, spread over 13 different T-6s. Not bad going, when as a little lad I just wanted one flight to say that I had done it! 14th is pencilled in for 2016 and this year I like everyone else am keen to fly the A2A version. It's the only thing that is keeping my interest in simulator flight going.

Best wishes to all,

Martin

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

That's really cool. I wish I would get a go in one. I'm sure it's a great experience. A guy I know had a T-6 ("Miss Goosebay" maybe you know her :wink: ) but he sold it a couple of years back before I got a chance to fly in it.

So I'm waiting for the Accusim "Six" to get my first flight in one.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Thanks Lewis. Any shots of the beast in game ? :D
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Post by francesco.doenz »

It would be nice to have already the possibility of downloading the manuals to study for the Texan, to be ready to jump into it when available and take off!
Already found some operating manuals on amazon, but to have the official one would be great....
And which exact variant of the T6 will it be? Or is it secret...?

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

Really no point in anyone going and buying a T-6/Harvard/SNJ manual now as there were so many different variations built with cockpit layouts, equipment and general handling. Best just wait and save your pennies and buy the completed package when it does get released. Least then you wil have everything to hand.

I once bought a set of Harvard IIB manuals when was due to fly in one at Duxford, only to find on the day it had been replaced by a Mk.4. Complete waste of time and money but will be useful later this year when sampled my 3rd IIB. So not all is lost and I like collecting anything to do with the T-6.

Martin

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

I have an old RNZAF pilots note for the MkIII with the Wasp R-1340-AN-1 engine , pages 18 and 19 are completely amended , thats on the handling or what they trained here .. amended emergency notes as well. So many variations each country had its own syllabus for which they trained on .

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian Warren »

Must have been my lucky day :D , my Vol.1 T-6 by Peter C Smith book arrived this morning , good quality print, I think I'll ordering book Vol.2 , Its a book on the Harvard/Texan I have not seen before, I give it a very Very Highly recommended, It is more a pictorial history but there are specific details related to the variants 8)

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian Warren »

Just following thru with my Harvard book , this afternoon I went in search in to see if there is any video I missed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE7Y8wcRDvg
Course this one followed , I was wondering is there thought being put into a shared cockpit setup ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIciS2jMJkM

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

I'm an admin on a very popular T-6 page over on Facebook - 'T-6 Harvard & SNJ "The Pilot Maker" with 1771 members and this week copied one of Scott's updates into the page for all to read. There has been a lot of interest in this forthcoming simulated version and yesterday we received a message from Rick Volker who flies shall we say an advanced aerobatic routine in a stock Harvard Mk.4:

Can the sim do hammerheads and snap rolls, and rolling turns like the real thing? I wonder how good the sim is at the edges that no one seems to fly. How about a 30 mph cross controlled slip type "Hover" at full power in level flight? A real Harvard will do it?

YouTube: search "Volker Harvard at Brantford", for on-plane video. There is a ground video from "Volker Harvard at Niagara " that missed my hammerheads and snaps. The hovering comes immediately after the Immelmann , but without references, you can't tell I am at 30 knots airspeed into a 15 knot wind.

Well we will just have to wait and see if it can. Looks interesting though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndbYiOGVpFc

Martin

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian Warren »

A unique way to listen to a Harvard Martin , its good to see the airframe starting to twist a little.

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

Another interesting video posted a couple of days ago on Youtube. This time of a chap parachuting out of the back of what looks like a T-6G.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2KI8b0bQdQ

I wore a chute on about 80% of my T-6 time and always when flying aeros or in formation practice. A few times I just on a cushion and then once when was used as 'ballast' (I'm not that fat), just sat on the rolled up engine and canopy covers which plugged the hole in the seat. Wasn't that comfortable as seem to remember my legs rubbing against the seat pan. But then it was a T-6 ride and I was then a keen young man. I shouldn't have complained.

We were always briefed on two ways to exit if we really had to. Either to undo our straps, open the canopy and then put one foot on the side and dive for the wing OR to roll inverted and fall out (remembering to open the canopy first! :) ). But luckily I never had to do it and know of no one in the UK that has parachuted out since the 1950s.

Martin

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian Warren »

Martin , whats the old saying "Never go jumping out a perfectly good aircraft" .... only time I wore a parachute was on a parachute jumping course, wasn't going to use it just required ... sideline to that , it was a feature every now and again hitting the front headlines , Wigram pilots putting there aircraft down in the Lake Elesmere district .. always a photo in the front page of the Christchurch Star newspaper :) but I did know a James Young who had to plop his Harvard on the Waimakariri River bed .. none appeared to want to jump ... save the plane first ! :D

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian Warren »

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”