F4 Phanton and F104 Starfighter

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
mhscott
Airman Basic

F4 Phanton and F104 Starfighter

Post by mhscott »

Hi All,
I have been of the scene for some time due to real world stuff. Can anyone advise as to what is the status of the A2A F4 Phantom and F104 Starfighter development?

spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: F4 Phanton and F104 Starfighter

Post by spadjockey »

spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by spadjockey »

spadjockey wrote:Image
this may be what happened to the phantom???????? :P
Last edited by spadjockey on 01 Mar 2015, 08:50, edited 3 times in total.

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

mhscott wrote:Hi All,
I have been of the scene for some time due to real world stuff. Can anyone advise as to what is the status of the A2A F4 Phantom and F104 Starfighter development?
Put on hold ( or at least long term research and development ) as far as we know. From what I recall, replicating supersonic flight in Accusim was more problematical than first envisaged. The more conventional and subsonic T-33 is now on the cards as the first Accusim jet. And hallelujah to that ! :)

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

I would rather see an AccuSim business jet, like the Phenom or Learjet. Jets are a different animal, start small and work up.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We are slowly working our way to the T-33. Once that is done, an F-104 is within arm's reach. Once that is done, we can then honestly look at the Phantom. It's a ways off, however, the journey is where the fun is at.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

I like the progressive steps, Scott, and it will provide for the user/customer a logical progression in learning as well. Those T-33's are quite a common jet flying in the skies of the US still today, and like an A2A AT-6, it will be a spectacular addition to have in high fidelity and with an authentic flying experience.

BTW, is Vlado helping out with the T-33 development? I know he's got some good hours on the type (I believe he recently donated his T-33 to the Warbird Heritage Foundation flying collection - which he also flies for). Another good one would be Paul Keppler (T33driver at the Warbird Information Exchange), if you're not already in contact, whose been involved in T-33 operation/ownership for many years.
John Terrell

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Post by thunderstreak »

I have an original USAF T-33A / Navy TV-2 Flight Handbook you are welcome to borrow if that will help the process.
I have some original pics in slide form as well.
FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

Ever since the idea of an A2A F-104 came to light, I have been looking forward to it. Glad to hear it is still in the cards. Whenever it gets released, it will feel like Christmas to me...I am willing to wait! =)

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

It's like they say in my favorite TV show of all time, Mystery Science Theater 3000...

"Again with the FINGAH!" (said whenever a character on screen is getting jabbed with another character's finger)
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

No rush....I don't mind waiting for a package done right.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

...long as we're still alive when it comes out... :lol:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes Bomber, Vlado has offered some help as have a few other T-33 pilots/owners.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CIWS01
Senior Airman

Post by CIWS01 »

Went to the Empire State Aerosciences Museum today with my daughter and she jumped in the F-4 cockpit and refused to get out unless I explained all the controls, and I mean ALL the controls. Course I don't know them all and I'm thinking "Darn it A2A! Bring out that F-4 so I can look smarter infront of my kid!!" LOL. Fortunately for me a gentleman who volunteers at the airport happened to be standing there and rescued me lol! So now my 9 year old daughter is practicing the bombing sequence by the numbers in an F-4 cockpit.

Then on the way home she says "Remember when you said A2A was making an F-4 Phantom?" .... :shock: umm... I haven't mentioned that in a few years, since the first development screen shots on here of it were posted. This is getting bad. A2A you got me in trouble today!! :lol:

If only they had a B-17 or a P-51D......
Image Image
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

CIWS01 wrote:Went to the Empire State Aerosciences Museum today with my daughter and she jumped in the F-4 cockpit and refused to get out unless I explained all the controls, and I mean ALL the controls. Course I don't know them all and I'm thinking "Darn it A2A! Bring out that F-4 so I can look smarter infront of my kid!!" LOL. Fortunately for me a gentleman who volunteers at the airport happened to be standing there and rescued me lol! So now my 9 year old daughter is practicing the bombing sequence by the numbers in an F-4 cockpit.

Then on the way home she says "Remember when you said A2A was making an F-4 Phantom?" .... :shock: umm... I haven't mentioned that in a few years, since the first development screen shots on here of it were posted. This is getting bad. A2A you got me in trouble today!! :lol:

If only they had a B-17 or a P-51D......
hehehe, I know how you feel, its already started with my eldest and he's only 2 and a bit! :mrgreen:

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”