8,33 kHz - request/question

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Nico081
Staff Sergeant

8,33 kHz - request/question

Post by Nico081 »

Hi A2A team,

here in europe (germany) for Airspace "C" it is prescribed to have COM/NAV units that are able for 8,33 kHz frequency splitting.
In 2017 and not later than Jan, 1st 2018 even for VFR 8,33 kHz is prescribed.

Question:
Is it a big deal do modify C172 up to C182 Bendix/King COM/NAV units for 8,33kHz ?

In real world maintenance it is a big amount of work to modify that systems, also for simulation?

Can we customers expect to get the units modified?

Kind regards.
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: 8,33 kHz - request/question

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Given the popularity of the units worldwide it'll certainly be interesting! :?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

As an alternative one can use Flight1's excellent GTN units as they are already 8.33 kHz capable :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Thanks Tim and Lewis.

The Bendix/King units are upgradable. Within an aircraft simulation it should be able to get updated if that is essential for A2A.

Tim,
sure, the Garmin unit is able for freq. splitting 8.33 kHz.

I like the Garmin unit, but i also use my Accu Sim GA- Simulations for different kind of flights. On kind of flights is navigating without GPS unit. I often have to enter C- Airspaces for crossing. Also additional Radar stations will change to 8.33 kHz.
I fly online (IVAO), for me it would be necessary to operate that aircraft simulations according to real regulations. Even my Cherokee sometimes enters C-Airspaces for VFR crossing..uuups :roll: :wink:

P51civ,C172R,C182T and the Cherokee´s -Bendix/King COM/NAV units are not 8.33 kHz capable for the moment.
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”