After The He 219....

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.

What Is The Next WWII Aircraft Would You Like From WoP?

Poll ended at 21 Mar 2006, 09:57

de Havilland Mosquito
12%
P40
5%
P38
8%
Bf109
26%
T6/Havard/Texan
20%
F4F/FM2
5%
P61 'Black Widow'
15%
Me262
11%

Total votes: 66

Bradburger
Senior Airman

After The He 219....

Post by Bradburger »

O.K, just for a bit of fun, what is the next WWII Wings of Power Aircraft you would like to see produced? :D

I know what I want! :lol:

Cheers

Paul

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

I deleted my previous post about the next WOP aircraft.
I liked the de Havilland Mosquito myself.Yeah I prefer your poll instead.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

NONE of the above! NAVAL AVIATION!! A hellcat or wildcat!! It's about time WoP paid attention to the other theater of operation called the PTO!! That's what they need to do PERIOD! Semper Fi, MudMarine

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

lol* after seeing the results and my vote it seems like everyone wants everything... :lol: Its hard for me to pick just one though, I love them all... I think what we should do is just send Shockwave tons of books on ww2 planes and have them get to work... hehe J/K

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Shockwave sure has a lot of work ahead of them(a lifetime of making WW2 warbird simulations).I sure hope that they have a LOT of programmers and graphic artists.They still have
B17 III The legend returns to work on.

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

Interesting poll. I actually had to think for a minute.

Currently, there are some nice payware versions of the P40, Bf-109 and F4F, and nice freeware version of the P-38 and T-6. There's also a payware P-61 somewhere, but I don't know much about it. My best guess is that none are by WoP standards, but they are available. Also, I hear there is a payware version of the Mosquito coming out.

So, by process of elimination that leaves the Me-262. It hasn't been produced for FS9 (one is in the works but its taking forever), and its a tricky bird to fly. Just the kind of aircraft for the next WoP.

--WH

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

I would like to see the JU88, HE111, and DO17 in a package.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

I know there is a really nice 262 coming. I've seen some shots of it and boy it's looking pretty @#$@ good. As far as the 109's the payware that are out there are not to the WoP standards that I think we are getting spoiled with. I do agree with you about the He-111, I would like to see one of those popup. hint hint... hehe

Bradburger
Senior Airman

Post by Bradburger »

Good votes & debate so far chaps!

I know I've missed a few but I also deliberately put in some of those aircraft that have already been released as payware or are about to be. I also put in a few of those that are available as freeware too. :wink:

It was really just to see what you guys think Shockwave should tackle for their next release!

I've seen the DSB P40 series and it looks good but could be improved upon. I really hope Scott & team tackle this one! :D

Mudmarine, I did include a US Navy machine, namely the F4F & FM2 Wildcat.

There is a payware Hellcat coming soon and it looks very good to date. :wink:

Cheers

Paul

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

I can't vote for 2 reasons. First, I'm partial to one on the list... the P-61. Reason being our museum is restoring one that will be the only flying 61 in the world. This year she should be out in the sunshine and back on her wheels for the first time, close to 61 years after crashing into a mountainside in the PTO.

Second reason is, and it's not on the list... the TBM Avenger. Which they have, is fully flyable, and is possibly the one that went into the St. Lawrence River back in the 70s and ended up in a friends backyard. It was sold tho and possibley went to Maryland to be restored back to WWII specs.

Check here... www.maam.org.
Plus the WWII Weekend info.
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

Hawk
Senior Airman

Post by Hawk »

GT182 wrote:I can't vote for 2 reasons. First, I'm partial to one on the list... the P-61. Reason being our museum is restoring one that will be the only flying 61 in the world. This year she should be out in the sunshine and back on her wheels for the first time, close to 61 years after crashing into a mountainside in the PTO.

Second reason is, and it's not on the list... the TBM Avenger. Which they have, is fully flyable, and is possibly the one that went into the St. Lawrence River back in the 70s and ended up in a friends backyard. It was sold tho and possibley went to Maryland to be restored back to WWII specs.

Check here... www.maam.org.
Plus the WWII Weekend info.
Wow I wasn't aware that the P-61 was that close to being ready. Will it be on display for the WW2 Weekend? I think the Avenger (the sim version) will be ready for released during the WW2 Weekend too. I am really looking forward to this years trip. :D

46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

Post by 46th_Terror »

I would really hope for a navel aircraft. Having a Corsie done to WOP standards would be awsome.

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

My dad's friend and co worker at a television station was a corsair pilot in the PTO.His name was Raymond Swalley.I think that he is still alive.
He was a really nice guy.

thoga
Airman Basic

Post by thoga »

I voted for the ME-262. It would be a dream to fly a ME-262 in the high standard of quality from shockwave productions.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

I just learned that AH is doing a P-38...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”