What is the next Wings of Power aircraft? Guess and win…

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

What is the next Wings of Power aircraft? Guess and win…

Post by Scott - A2A »

Press
For Immediate Release

Farmington, CT USA February 10th, 2006 – Shockwave Productions Inc. has released a movie showing a portion of their next Wings of Power aircraft. Those who can successfully guess the aircraft by only what is shown in the movie may win the aircraft. The key here is the entry with the most detailed explanation of the make, model, and exactly what they see in the video that determines why they believe the aircraft is what they think it is will win the Wings of Power aircraft. The aircraft will be revealed and the winner announced in the coming weeks.

“What I can say is this aircraft is the most advanced aircraft every produced in its class. We’ve spent months developing the engine behavior alone, including the most advanced sound modeling yet,” said Scott Gentile of Shockwave Productions Inc.

Wings of Power Contest Movie Download:
http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/win ... lane_1.zip

Send your guess to [email protected]

Additional Wings of Power information can be found at http://www.shockwaveproductions.com

About SHOCKWAVE PRODUCTIONS
Shockwave Productions specializes in the development and publication of flight simulations, strategy games, visual effects and sound. The company is a North American based company in Farmington, Connecticut.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Last edited by Scott - A2A on 18 Feb 2006, 00:27, edited 2 times in total.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Welp it certainly looks of German origin ... So my lack of knowledge about those aircraft aren't going to help me.

Good luck to whoever gets it.
Snuffy

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

Yep, and if I'm not mistaken the plane sounds like it has a turboprop. Good luck to the winner :)
One question I was wondering if you could answer is if this aircraft was ever actually made or was it just a "paper project"?

redrooster.
The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Yup, it's another twin engine German plane :cry: I had my hopes up that WoP would do something from the PTO, paying tribute to all those Naval Aviator's that gave so much during WWII. I'm pretty sure I won't buy this one, I'm going to wait for that arresting hook (Hellcat/Wildcat)! I know it'll be very nice but it just doesn't interest me to have another bomber. What would be nice is doing some carrier landings. Flying bombers around gets boring after awhile. Sorry, I hope I didn't offend anyone, but there's always one of us in the crowd! I'm hoping that Naval Aviation exists in the WoP world someday! Semper Fi, MudMarine

GX007
Senior Airman

Post by GX007 »

Hang on to your goggles gents,

I don't think it's a bomber. And if I'm correct about the aircraft in the video, it was produced. It should be a blast to fly :lol:

GX

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Well it has two prop. engines, so it's not a Me262. Unless it's a Do335 that leaves only a bomber. It didn't look like a Ju88 cockpit. I can't think of any other twin engined fighters. I could easily find out what it is, I have enough books and photo's I think I could do it. I'm just not that interested in another German plane. I want to hear the roar of a Grumman! Semper Fi, MudMarine

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

O.K. I made a guess I sent an EMail to that contact site.
O.K I got a message back.It says the winner will be announced in the coming weeks.I gave it a try and am crossing my fingers.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

Well I sent in my try... I'm doing the ol second guessing myself... hehehehe

Akira
Airman First Class

Post by Akira »

whatever it is; i'll buy it.

dbr_p
Senior Airman

Post by dbr_p »

E-mail sent.
Good luck to everybody!
PJD

IncendiaryLemon
Technical Sergeant

Post by IncendiaryLemon »

I obviously need to spend more time with my books :) ...intriguing!

Rocker_lx
Airman Basic

Post by Rocker_lx »

Nice idea for a contest.

I'm pretty sure I found it, but it was not easy.
I don't even know what you can win, but I looked at it, as a challenge.

Good luck to everyone.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”