We need some excitement

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

We need some excitement

Post by dvm »

Hey A2A it is time for warbird or a classic from the golden age. If you look at the active topics they are mostly about the 172 or the 180 :? . If GA trainers blow your skirt up that is fine. I would like something new that is little more challenging with systems that require serious management. I understand the interest in the 172 and 180 as airplanes that the average pilot can actually fly in the real world. I can go down and rent a 172 at any airport. I want a new simulated airplane that is beyond my reach in the real world. I realize that there lots of A2A warbirds already that I fly regularly but something new always gets the blood going. My wife won't let me have a girl friend for variety so I have to stick to my sim and my motorcycle for excitement.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: We need some excitement

Post by Nick - A2A »

dvm wrote:If you look at the active topics they are mostly about the 172 or the 180.
Perhaps a bit of a self-defeating argument dvm: suggests that these are the really popular add-ons...

...Having said that, although I adore the Cherokee in particular, I'd love to see an Accu-Sim DC-3 (hence the badgering* post: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 02#p321097) or an Electra Junior! :wink:
dvm wrote:If GA trainers blow your skirt up that is fine.
Actually, I'm standing on a ventilation grating! :D

*Should use a honey badger for optimum effect I guess... (now there's excitement!) :twisted:
A2A Simulations Inc.

CIWS01
Senior Airman

Post by CIWS01 »

I'd have to agree with dvm. I love anything that flies and will purchase anything A2A makes without question. But I do really enjoy the aircraft that are less common. I know everyone who is an actual pilot wants to be able to accu-sim their favorite trainer in real life and we all know A2A will likely do many more, however my favorites will always be the aircraft that we don't see orbiting over every airport on the planet.
Image Image
ImageImage

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Yes something with a challenge....even a properly accusimmed piston helicopter would be welcome. I agree with the thought of aircraft that I would otherwise probably not get to fly, but I'm not big on jumbo tubeliners....would rather something that I could get into the local airport 8)

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Nick M wrote:
dvm wrote:If you look at the active topics they are mostly about the 172 or the 180.
Perhaps a bit of a self-defeating argument dvm: suggests that these are the really popular add-ons...

I know they are popular I was trying to say delicately that it is kinda of boring only hearing about them. We all have different backgrounds in aviation which will have a bearing on what we think is exciting or challenging.
dvm wrote:If GA trainers blow your skirt up that is fine.
Actually, I'm standing on a ventilation grating! :D

Unless you look and are built like the late Marilyn Monroe, please get off the grating ASAP even if you are not wearing a skirt. :D

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We already have two T-6's and one T-33 available for flight testing, so we hope (like you) to see these planes Accu-Simmed in the not too distant future.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Oh now the T-6 tease :D I do hope it turns out sooner rather than later 8) 8)

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Lets face it there is no competition here !

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

TWO T-6's and a T-33???????????????? Cain't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you guys make an announcement about something soon, though. Like this month. :D If it's a single engined GA plane with CSP, that will be great, but if it's a T-6 or T-33, then even better.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by spadjockey »

Last edited by spadjockey on 15 Nov 2014, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

CIWS01
Senior Airman

Post by CIWS01 »

See this is the kind of excitement that will keep me occupied for YEARS lol. When I was working with the Florida based Goodyear Blimp we did a tour up the east coast back in 2011. In NJ we got the ship on the mast and were securing her for the day when over the trees comes this BEAUTIFUL T-6 painted Red roaring over the ship doing circles looking at it. The blimp is based on the same design used since the 1930's so in it's own right it's a vintage craft, and seeing that amazing T-6 flying overhead low enough to see the pilots helmet and hear that engine was fantastic. Memories :D
Image Image
ImageImage

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Scott - A2A wrote:We already have two T-6's and one T-33 available for flight testing,...
Sooner rather than later please and , dare I ask, what happened to the Mk.V :twisted: :P

With respect.
Steve.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Whatever the next accusim aircraft is I hope it has a round engine. Radials just are more appealing than the in line engines for me. I think Scott will understand what I am referring to because I believe the Razorback is one of his favorite creations. The Mustang is A2As most accurate and sophisticated warbird to date. But the Thunderbolt has a more visceral appeal. I don't think it is just the sound but just the feel of it. It just has character. I think a classic airplane whether simulated or real world is part art and the rest good sound design. They have character. I can't quite articulate the feeling. When I fly a new simulated airplane from who ever it either catches my fancy and I fly it often or it does not and gets deleted. I have been flying the ants T-28 for the last couple of weeks.. It it just has an overall feel that is appealing. It is fun trying to keep the plugs from fowling and the CHT in the green. Looking forward to whatever A2A comes up with as I know it will be top drawer. I grew up around pilots and airplanes. Perhaps I have been exposed to too many war stories,too much AVGAS and butyrate dope fumes and it has damaged my brain. In fact I am sure of it. :D

MX-Leader
Airman First Class

Post by MX-Leader »

You're in luck, I think the T-6 and the T-33 both have round engines!!!

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

The T-33 has a round engine, only in the sense of being a centrifugal flow jet engine. But I agree that we need more powerful birds to play with than the Cessna, good though it is.

Hoping to hear about a new release soon,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”