I need help with P3Dv2.3 please SOLVED

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
MaxZ
Senior Airman

I need help with P3Dv2.3 please SOLVED

Post by MaxZ »

Hi everybody!

My P3D crashes all the time in the menu since I updated to 2.3. At first I just downloaded the patch and installed it, but it crashed all the time. So I thought, I could do a clean re-install anyways and downloaded the 2.3.xxx Installer. Downloaded it, tested it, everything was just fine. Then I installed ORBX products(Global,VECTOR,PacificNorthWest,NorthernCalifornia,CentralRockyMountains), ActiveSkyNext and A2A's Cherokee and C172.
And this is the part where nothing works anymore.Rien ne va plus. I can access the Main Menu(Create Scenario-screen) but after a few moments it crashes and displays a message that a problem ocurred and I will be notified when there is a solution.

I am using win8, i7 quadcore 3630QM, geforce GTX670MX and 8GB RAM.

I read in other posts, that there was a problem with FSUIPC, but since I don't use FSUIPC I don't think that's what causes my errors.

Thank you for any advice or solutions
Max

edit: I know this is not a P3D support forum, but the community here is always very helpful and knowledgeable.
Last edited by MaxZ on 16 Aug 2014, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
Public service announcement: You put an aircraft in a hangar, not a hanger.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: I need help with P3Dv2.3 please

Post by taildraggin68 »

ASN will not work with 2.3, will get ctd's.....try removing ASN and see if that stops your ctd's

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

FSUIPC ASN give me problems. Just remove them from the dll.xml file and all should work that way you don't have to uninstall them. That file is at C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 . I have also used the new SDK setup that comes with P3D and changed the file format to look like this.
<Launch.Addon>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Name>AccuFeelMenu</Name>
<Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

It worked for me but take out FSUIPC and ASN.
Family, Friends, and I
are the most important things
in life. Always in that order.
Once you're faced with death you will no longer be scared of it.
Life has a new joy to it, cherish it.
Craig McN.

Oesau
Airman First Class

Post by Oesau »

MaxZ - what is actually happening, can you explain if you get a scenario loaded or you can't even get that far?

I started having issues with 2.3 when I applied the patch - i could start P3D, but when the flight loaded I was getting the blue triangles on the scenery and then P3D would crash.

I then reinstalled from scratch and got the same result. As it turns out it's related to this (for me at least) http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... stid-42919

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

It was ASN, everything works just fine now. Thank you very much guys!
Another proof that this A2A community is great.
Public service announcement: You put an aircraft in a hangar, not a hanger.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: I need help with P3Dv2.3 please SOLVED

Post by Ian P »

The blue triangles on the ground are controlled by the Tesselation tickbox in graphics settings. Turn it off and the blue triangles go away. Unfortunately, as I can find absolutely no information on Tesselation at all for my GTX680 card, let alone settings in the options, the only choice I have right now is to have blue triangles, or turn Tesselation off, which is annoying.

Incidentally, the patch worked fine for me, until I installed a FSX aircraft to test it for the developer, at which point P3Dv2.3 started crashing on load and I ended up completely removing and reinstalling again using the 2.3 full installer. The same FSX aircraft is in now and working, so there's obviously something slightly messed up with the update package compared to the full one. Everyone I know who has tried it has had problems with crashes one way or another.

Ian P.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

In P3D, the blue triangles on the ground are caused by the new 340.52 NVidia driver. Evidently NVidia knew about the problem but released anyway. Guess that shows how much they were worried about it. NVidia say it will be fixed in the next driver update. In the meantime I have gone back to the older 337.88 driver.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Unfortunately, the nVidia software that got inflicted on me a while ago won't let me install an older version. I could uninstall it and hunt down the older driver, but for the moment, I'll just leave Tessellation turned off until nVidia fix their drivers.

Ian P.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”