WOP2 Bf-109E resurrected

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Re: WOP2 Bf-109E resurrected

Post by Mig_Driver »

Good day, RenaissanceMan Jim!

Top shelf tracking down that variable... I believe that filter door is only on the tropical variant, and it uses the same lever as the -3 and -4 regular variant to control the oil cooler door (according to the cockpit tips.)

Oh well, it's not like I have to flip it open and closed a lot. (Edit: Was having trouble finding repaints but found them on Avsim. 10 points from House Gryffindor for that slip.)
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

Thanks Mig_Driver,

I haven't identified the Lvars yet for the master ignition and fuel cutoff switches. They seem to be the only controls that always load in the ON position. I hoped to create a lua script to have these load in the OFF position so I could start in a cold-dark state. Of course I'll have to learn how to write a lua script first LOL!

I was going to load the tropical 109 yesterday but got sidetracked when I bought the Aircraft Factory F4U Corsair (I couldn't resist the $15 US price). Ah...so many aircraft, so little time!

I'll have to check out avsim for repaints. The Huub Vink skin was the only one I could find. Many dead links on the A2A 109 forum.

Jim
Last edited by renaissanceman on 03 Aug 2014, 06:52, edited 1 time in total.
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Well, it's not technically for the right aircraft, but one of our agents in Occupied France sent me this yesterday...

The source described a number of aircraft arriving with 'bent wings' - although given how tight it was for one of them to get out over the trees, it's quite possible that they were bent due to foliage interaction!

Ian P.

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

Same problem I was havin, Jim. Under the search in the file library section, just query "Messerschmitt" and you'll find em. Some of em are under the old format and you'll have to just add "_t" to the texture filenames but they should all work. I used to have a great one with a dark blue falcon on the side and also one with a killer bee on it but can't seem to find em.

Anyhoo. I love climbing above 10,000 and opening the filter up. Never sure which altitude to open at though.
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

Hi Mig_Driver,

If this is the killer bee repaint you are talking about, you can find it here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/l ... 89&catid=3

Ian P,

Good one LOL! I like the camo netting, is that one of your airfields?

Jim

Edit: Mig_Driver, I picked up a stack of 109 repaints on avsim. Thanks for the tip!
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Jim,

It is. It's a representative one of Tramecourt, which was the base of LG1/IV's B model Stukas during the summer of 1940. As you can see from the following screenshot of a visitor dropping in from Caffiers, which isn't too far away, there ain't a lot at Tramecourt!

( Link to a bigger version: http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/histor ... 0tc_01.jpg )

I haven't packaged it yet, but if anyone wants to buzz around in anything from another grass airfield in France, I've zipped up the two scenery BGLs here: http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/histor ... P_Q0TC.zip - the code is "q0tc" and it's inland, but still in Pas-de-Calais. History buffs may know the village next door, which is a place called "Azincourt". It might be a little famous for something or another. ;)

Cheers,

Ian P.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hi Mig_Driver,

I don't remember where I got these, I've had them some years now but you may be interested in some. If you are, perhaps we could work something out. These two were done by Tom Stovall. There is a link in the readme to http://www.shasta.com/stovall/TomsFlightSims.htm, but I think it is long gone now.

Here's one by someone called Epsillon @ libertysurf.fr

And finally this one with some sort of eagle, I think, by Cees Donker. The only info on this is that it's JG52 flown by Speyer in 1940.

I can't find them on line again, so if you fancy one of them let me know.

Cheers.
Steve.
Last edited by bladerunner900 on 14 Jul 2017, 17:06, edited 2 times in total.

Zgredd
Senior Airman

Post by Zgredd »

Just imagine BF109 accusimed :|

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”