Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update (OLD COMMENTS)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update 07/15/2014 - DOWNLOAD

Post by DrumsArt »

Scott - A2A wrote:Jigsaw,

We're in the process of making instructions for those who wish to download the needed updates to a flash drive for flight sims that have no Internet connection. If you like to save updates locally, you could use these instructions to do the same thing.

Scott.
Thank you for that. I prefer to have the choice.

Regards,

Richard Portier
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Scott - A2A wrote:Jigsaw,

We're in the process of making instructions for those who wish to download the needed updates to a flash drive for flight sims that have no Internet connection. If you like to save updates locally, you could use these instructions to do the same thing.

Scott.
Thank you. That's good to hear!
Happy Landings
- Patrick

gwhess95
Airman Basic

Post by gwhess95 »

I purchased and downloaded the Stratocruiser yesterday and downloaded and attempted to install the update today. The update said that the Stratocruiser was not found. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Stratocruiser and ran the update again, but got the same result. What should I do next?

Gary

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Gary,

This is an Accu-Sim update. Do you have the 377 Accu-Sim pack or Captain of the Ship installed?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

gwhess95
Airman Basic

Post by gwhess95 »

No, I don't. Sorry, but I was confused. Thanks for your help.

Gary

jmd
Airman Basic

Post by jmd »

Hello,

Quite frankly, you do not find anything easier for offline PC??
Why would automatically require internet access.

What is the next step, internet access for validation during install ?

I bought ALL your paywares (not 3D lights) because the install method does not require internet.
Why force me for patchs?

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

jmd wrote:Hello,

I bought ALL your paywares (not 3D lights) because the install method does not require internet.
Why force me for patchs?
OK, this has me pretty confused. You have to have internet to download the original aircraft and the patches for manual installation. How is this different than needing internet to download and install the patches with this fantastically easy new patch method that scans all of your A2A aircraft at once and only offers the updates that may be needed?

Lyn
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Slado
Airman Basic

Post by Slado »

Hi

This update renders the Wings of Power III Spitfire totally unusable for me.

Im running FSX with Acceleration pack in DX10 mode. After the update when I select any Spitfire it will load and start rolling even though the engine is off and the prop isn't rotating, there is no sound, many of the Accusim options are not selectable, its impossible to service the aircraft as it thinks the engine is running and the bypass function isn't clickable and the throttle level wont move.

I have the B17 too and that seems to have updated with no problem.

Ive uninstalled both the Spitfire and its associated Accusim and reinstalled umpteen times now and still no joy.

Any ideas?

jmd
Airman Basic

Post by jmd »

Mazo wrote:
jmd wrote:Hello,

Why force me for patchs?
OK, this has me pretty confused. You have to have internet to download the original aircraft and the patches for manual installation. How is this different than needing internet to download and install the patches with this fantastically easy new patch method that scans all of your A2A aircraft at once and only offers the updates that may be needed?

Lyn

English is not natural for me, but I'll try to be clear.

When I buy an addon (with updates), I transfer the ".exe",with a USB key to an external hard drive backup.
If I need to re-install FSX or change my computer, I connect the backup drive and I click on each addons + patchs.
It's easy, safe, fast and clean.

With the new system I need to transfer ALL FILES from internet in a fastidious long way and restart the work every time for new update.

"The new system"
1-Offline computer (transfer original data)
2-USB key
3-Online Computer (transfer original data and modified)
4-USB key
5-Offline computer (Files modifieds and end of patch process).
It's not easy, not clean and NOT FAST

This is manageable for very few addons not for plenty.
If all publishers adopt this system it becomes unmanageable for customers who are not connected computers.

I love A2A (The best work for FSX (For me)),but if A2A want to force me with online method, I do not longer will buy for their work.

I hope to make me understand and I'm sorry for my bad language.
Last edited by jmd on 21 Jul 2014, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Slado,

Remove your A2A \ Spitfire folder and your SimObjects \ Aircraft \ WoP3_Spitfire folders.

Reinstall your:
- Spitfire Aircraft
- Spitfire Accusim pack

Then run the 7/15 update.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Simulations Inc.

Slado
Airman Basic

Post by Slado »

Hi Scott thanks for the very quick response.

I have deleted the FSX\A2A\Spitfire folder and the SimObjects\Aircraft\WoP3_Spitfire folder, reinstalled the aircraft then reinstalled the Spitfire Accusim pack and then ran the 7/15 update as you advised but on loading the aircraft I have the same issues.

Cheers

Todd

**Edit**

Just to add to this, I have updated with Core update 1.6 which I managed to source from a fellow simmer and Accusim customer as I couldn't find it online and this has worked fine.

alfredo_laredo
Senior Airman

Post by alfredo_laredo »

Excelent Job here!! I Always tought the update system of A2A was very confusing for new people.
ASUS Z97-A, i7 7970K, Samsung Evo 840 256gb, GTX780, HDD 500GB, Patriot Series 5 RAM 8gb, Cooler Master M series 600W, Windows 7 64

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Slado,

I saw something similar to this before, affecting only the Spitfire, and could not pin down the cause. I'm going to get a dedicated Spitfire offline updater up tomorrow (Wed) that will hopefully fix this issue for you.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hi Scott. I'm not sure if your aware of this but Ron has just found a problem with the static prop of the C172. The white and red tips have all changed to white with a thin black line, on all standard aircraft as well as custom paints. This happens with the v2 installer and with the v2.02 update. Here is the post Ron started.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Slado,hh

Try this alternate updater for the Spitfire. Let me know if this solves your issue:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... 5_2014.zip

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”