DX10 - what to do

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
bliksimpie
Staff Sergeant

DX10 - what to do

Post by bliksimpie »

gents

After seeing the absolute stunning video again from Cody, there is a bug rearing its head.
I think I am about right now to try the DX10 thing. What do I need to do. Just the sort and sweets. A short summary from A to B. Once I have the short summary I will go read up on whatever is in the points. (something like, "get program A, run B, change setting X, Start FSX, fine tune"

Currently running DX9 with nvidia inspector (setting as per major guru's recommendations)

My system I think should handle this?
-Intel I7 3770k (overclocked to 4.4)
-Watercooling
-GTX 780
-8gig ram
-Samsung 256g SSD 840Pro

Please some guidance would be highly appreciated
Regards
JB

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Re: DX10 - what to do

Post by Mazo »

I'm afraid that there is no longer a quick, simple DX10 setup as SteveFx has withdrawn his DX10 fixer from the market, only a couple of days ago. I'll give you three websites that all have a wealth of information on DX10 setup. It will take a lot of tweaking now to get DX10 to work well.

Avsim: http://forum.avsim.net/forum/569-dx-10- ... -and-help/

Avsim: http://forum.avsim.net/forum/644-the-of ... ort-forum/

SOH: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/f ... hp?92-DX10

PaulJ was the DX10 guru before the "Fixer" came out. His guide is still on the SOH site.

Just as information, I am running FSX with Steve's DX10 fixer 2.3 (the last version before being removed from the market) and also P3DV2.2. On my system, for me, it is P3DV2.2 hands down. The immersion factor is far greater for me and extremely stable.

Your system will certainly handle either FSX DX10 or P3DV2.2. Your GTX780 will only loaf around in FSX but will be able to run full-out in P3DV2.2 as P3DV2.2 is optimized for powerful GPU's and FSX is limited by the CPU, even though your CPU is excellent.

Hope this helps and at least it will give a bit of reading to do! :D
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Hotshot J
Airman First Class

Post by Hotshot J »

Why has he removed it? I should have jumped on this sooner :cry:
ImageImageImage

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Link: http://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/ (near the bottom of the page)

Quote: "I have just stopped selling any new copies for the time being, that is all that has happened. You can still download if you have purchased. I felt that too many people have been buying it recently without trying dx10 out first leading to a mismatch in their expectations ( and an increase in support calls)

Posted by stevefsx | June 20, 2014, 5:23 pm"

Looks like it became too popular and so his time with support was overwhelming for him. Sure hope that he can find a way to put it back on the market so that others may benefit from this great program.
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

He asked for it to be withdrawn from sale because people weren't reading what it did, didn't know what it did and started demanding to know why it wasn't providing magical fixes to multiply their frame rate, as they thought it would.

Unfortunately, as Scott and co already know, the same as any other developer, support takes a lot of time and effort. Especially when trying to support something that people buy expecting miracles and don't understand what it actually does. When providing that support becomes impossible, people remove their products from sale. It happens regularly, but rarely does it develop the level of vitriol that some supposed adults have poured out at this guy!

Ian P.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Though the fixer isn't available at the moment steves dx10 freeware fixes are still about and they are as easy to install as a repaint and do a great deal to make dx10 workable. Worth checking those out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

I didn't know that the commercial version existed until a month or so before it was pulled and have been running his fixes via manual install for ages. I don't use it, because there are still some significant issues which bug me too much, so I stick to DX9 for the most part, but I did think that there were some additional fixes in the commercial version that weren't in the Avsim download? Presumably they are linked to on the forum - I haven't really dug into it that deeply, I'm afraid.

Ian P.

budmorgan
Staff Sergeant

Post by budmorgan »

I'm so irritated with myself! I was planning on being a paid customer, but differed. I am now tinkering with DX10 with the freeware package uploaded to AVSIM. Is that package all that is available as freeware?

Cheers!

Bud
Buddy Morgan

ImageImageImage

i5 2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro - G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB - EVGA GTX 570 Fermi

Shousa
Senior Airman

Post by Shousa »

I have been flying for weeks out of Fukuoka Japan with Aerosim's Airport and City plus Open-vfr the lot with autogen at max and buildings and trees at 6000 per cell max.

There are 1000s of buildings as far as the eye can see and yet I have smooth performance other than the odd rare stutter if I turn my head to look behind....surreall!

Feels like really being there.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Like you guys, I was very surprised that he pulled the product. Only a day or so after I purchased it he pulled it. Shame too, as I'm getting some excellent results with it.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Shousa
Senior Airman

Post by Shousa »

CodyValkyrie wrote:Like you guys, I was very surprised that he pulled the product. Only a day or so after I purchased it he pulled it. Shame too, as I'm getting some excellent results with it.
I must have purchased it on the same day as you!

Damn lucky is all I can say!

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Yes, it does take FSX to a new level. Shame the product is pulled.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”