Microsoft Sidewinder FF2 question please.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
AnnDroid
Airman Basic

Microsoft Sidewinder FF2 question please.

Post by AnnDroid »

Hi all,
Well ive just forked out a great deal of money on the MSFF2 (around US100), in pristine condition, boxed etc and sent from Vegas to UK.
Question is would i need a transformer to use the joystick on UK mains for 240v, i guess i can also buy a 2 pin to 3 pin adapter.
Thanks in advance folk's...

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Re: Microsoft Sidewinder FF2 question please.

Post by clarkejw »

I had a look at the bottom of mine, and it says 100-240 VAC, so if you have the correct plug it should work fine for you. I'm in Australia, and have just bought a replacement for mine (VERY spectacular behaviour!) from the US. I intend to use my old power cord with the Australian plug.
BTW, I bought a mint condition FF2 on Ebay for US$41, so if, like mine your FF2 has time-expired, they're still out there!

BernieS
Airman Basic

Post by BernieS »

I bought mine from eBay last year - so there are still plenty of them out there!

I'm in the UK, & mine says ~100 - 240 VAC, @ 1.0A, & 50 - 60 hz.

Hope that helps!! :D

Matt81
Airman First Class

Post by Matt81 »

AnnDroid wrote:Hi all,
Well ive just forked out a great deal of money on the MSFF2 (around US100), in pristine condition, boxed etc and sent from Vegas to UK.
Question is would i need a transformer to use the joystick on UK mains for 240v, i guess i can also buy a 2 pin to 3 pin adapter.
Thanks in advance folk's...

I bought the same thing a while back but it didn't come in the box. I have a question did yours come with any software etc?

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

I think from memory, that you only need the software if you're still using Win 95 or 98. Fom XP on, it's plug and play. That certainly was the case with mine.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”