Transatlantic trip in single engine (Piper Cherokee)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Transatlantic trip in single engine (Piper Cherokee)

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Paul K wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote: Have any of you chaps see the tv series dangerous flights? It's about aircraft ferry pilots and although it's got the usual over dramatisation of some parts it is IMO a must watch for aeroplane fans.
I haven't seen it but that's because, leading a television-free life, I'm just not aware of it. I'll definitely look it up and see if I can watch any of it online or on a dvd maybe. Cheers matey! :)
hehe we don't own an aerial either in our place but we do have a TV, a Google chromecast and a high speed fibre connection :)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

SanderK
Airman

Post by SanderK »

I've done it in the civilian Mustang as part of a world trip. My itinerary (a good 285 hours of flight time so far) can be viewed on the following map:

https://www.google.nl/maps/ms?msid=2006 ... ,23.730469

You could do the transatlantic crossing in fewer legs, but this route was chosen to see more interesting places.

Pommeslie
Airman

Post by Pommeslie »

inspired by the most of you, here my very beginning of my Cherokee-Worldtrip. Tomorrow will be a 4-5h flight to Greenland.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... IUkb4Epz-o
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-23550637/ ... 4.jpg.html

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Lewis - A2A wrote:hehe we don't own an aerial either in our place but we do have a TV, a Google chromecast and a high speed fibre connection :)
Yes, BT keep offering me their online TV service now I have BT Infinity fibre, but all it means is that 24 hours of brainless crap can be streamed more quickly. :mrgreen:

Jacques wrote:Paul,

I also don't have a TV, but I know that Season One can be found online. It is worth a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxJGF1mFul4

Just from episode 1 to the end of the season.

JP
Jacques, excellent, thanks very much indeed ! Thats all I require - kind people to help me with my aeroplane viewing needs, and no sign of Simon Cowell. Youtube will keep me happy. Thanks again Jacques. :D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Paul K wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:hehe we don't own an aerial either in our place but we do have a TV, a Google chromecast and a high speed fibre connection :)
Yes, BT keep offering me their online TV service now I have BT Infinity fibre, but all it means is that 24 hours of brainless crap can be streamed more quickly. :mrgreen:
You misunderstand Paul, I don't have anything like that. Just on demand stuff, youtube, iplayer, netflix, chromecast and a healthy DVD collection,... as I type this I have Dads Army series 3 playing on the laptop hehe :mrgreen:

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Happy to help out, Paul! Just watched Gregory Peck in "Twelve O'clock High" again last night...good stuff! Outside my window this past week was the best viewing, though. B-29 "Fifi", sounding majestic just a bit West of my house, followed a few days later by "909" directly overhead and the Collings Foundation P-51 growling overhead yesterday! I'm pretty full right now, but I could have that kind of show everyday and never get tired of it!

JP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Tiger_Walts wrote:I flew the C172 I bought in FSE west across the Atlantic. Flew up to BGGH before flying to Canada as I wanted to pick up assignments for each flight.
Hi Tiger_Walts,
You mention picking up assignments on the trip, am I right in thinking then that there are available missions/passengers and cargo you can collect in FSX? Or would that come from a third party addon? I know there is a few missions based on different aircraft within FSX, but that kina stuff would be awesome if there was " stuff to do " even for GA aircraft, besides a virtual airline on vatsim etc of course!

One can only have so much inspiration for role play, that goes for me anyway!
Can't wait to get my system in a few weeks! There is plenty to enspire me in this forum and in particular this thread, something I'd like to do is the OP's idea, but am also torn between doing that and wanting to spend time in and around my local area learning the ropes first off.

So Robertson Field, is that the home of A2A then? I'll check it out, Massachusetts is it?
All the best, John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

Tomesk
Senior Airman

Post by Tomesk »

I'm not sure if this scenery is still available but if you going to fly into/out of Narsarsuaq (BGBW) this is a must have:

Review of Narsarsuaq X
ImageImage

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Unfortunately, I think they packed up shop a couple of years ago, took everything down and just disappeared. I hope I'm wrong about this because Greenland is truly under-represented in the FSX community.

JP

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Lewis - A2A wrote:You misunderstand Paul, I don't have anything like that. Just on demand stuff, youtube, iplayer, netflix, chromecast and a healthy DVD collection,... as I type this I have Dads Army series 3 playing on the laptop hehe :mrgreen:

thanks,
Lewis
Well you know me, Lewis...I constantly misunderstand. :roll: :lol:

Nah, I was exaggerating for effect, but seriously, getting rid of television ( in all its forms ) was the best thing I ever did. The books it's allowed me to spend time on ! Currently 'Kaigun' by Evans & Peattie. Wonderful stuff.

But of course, a Youtube link now and again is always welcome. :wink:

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Now I'm going to need to thank you, Paul, for reminding me that such a thing as a"book" does exist - and the imagination that goes with it!
Hmmm, there it is...Wind, Sand and Stars...

JP

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Jacques wrote:Now I'm going to need to thank you, Paul, for reminding me that such a thing as a"book" does exist - and the imagination that goes with it!
Hmmm, there it is...Wind, Sand and Stars...

JP
There you go then, Jacques - favour returned. :wink:

Tiger_Walts
Senior Airman

Post by Tiger_Walts »

FSEconomy is an addon for FS9, FSX (P3D) and X-Plane. There's a persistent online world tracking all the airports and planes (based on the FS9 data).

It's free to play, you just need to make a forum account and request a member account in the appropriate thread. It'll take a day or so for them to reply.

You can then hire a plane , fuel it up and pick up assignments using the website. To start your flight, load up that aircraft in your sim at the correct airport. Start the FSE client and then choose 'Start Flight' from the sim or FSE. The addon will check the plane and location and then add the passengers and fuel. To end a flight, land at your destination, throttle down and apply the parking brake. FSE will calculate your earnings or losses.

Complex craft like A2A's require you to manually fuel and load your aircraft before flight as the A2A craft override the load and balance values that FSE sets. Failure to manually set the fuel could result in an invalidated flight or a hefty fuel cost. It's also wise to steer clear of the sim's fuel ramps as they auto-fuel parked craft.

Earn enough virtual cash and you con go on to own your own planes, and even buy or build your own FBO, with the responsibilities and benefits that come with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CafeRacer500
Senior Airman

Post by CafeRacer500 »

FSEconomy is great fun, and it's free :!:

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

I'll look into that Tiger, thanks good to know! Is there other similar program's available?

John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”