FOR WHAT ITS WORTH

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: FOR WHAT ITS WORTH

Post by CAPFlyer »

Hey Spad, can you please stop using all caps? It's considered rude as it signifies yelling.

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Its also in my experience, more difficult to read a paragraph written completely in capital letters. You also seemed to post the same paragraph 3 times in 3 different threads. Sorry.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

HighAlpha
Airman First Class

Post by HighAlpha »

I understand where spad and some of the long time A2A customers are coming from.

I can also say though that it was the 172 that really brought me into the A2A world. For me, as much as I like warbirds; they've never really been part of my flight simulation investments.

My flight simulation has almost always been about general aviation. And for me, the little 172 really made all the difference with everything it has to offer. Prior to A2As 172 the small GA pilot could only dream of having such a product. Let alone at the price point (I would have been happy to pay much more for what it offers)... So suffice it to say, it was the 172 that got me buying here...

It's my Hope the broader audience helps provide the resources to A2A so they can continue developing on both fronts. I understand that given the market and vast projects things might be delayed... But, I've been waiting for stuff like this since Microsoft's Flight Simulator ran on DOS... I think I can wait whatever the necessary development time A2A needs to turn out the solid gold they have beed thus far.

A2A keep up all the great work! If you enabled a way to pre-purchase that Cherokee I'd gladly pay in full up front.

cough... and any chance for a proper Beech Bonanza A36 I'd have you first born for you. Cough...

Cheers!

spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by spadjockey »

OK GUYS I'LL GIVE YOU THAT THE A2A 172 IS THE BEST SIM TRAINER OUT FOR BEGINNER PILOTS.

SPAD
Last edited by spadjockey on 25 Apr 2014, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.

spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by spadjockey »

CAPFlyer wrote:Hey Spad, can you please stop using all caps? It's considered rude as it signifies yelling.
WHEN YOU GET MY AGE SON ,AND YOUR EYE SIGHT STARTS DIMMING,THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO. IF IT OFFENDS YOU :twisted: ALL I CAN SAY IS (GET OVER IT)

SPAD

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Then you need to use the "font size" option at the top of the reply window, Spad.

You can use large or huge.

Either are infinitely more readable than typing in caps.

Ian P.

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Post by Krycekuk »

spadjockey wrote:
CAPFlyer wrote:Hey Spad, can you please stop using all caps? It's considered rude as it signifies yelling.
WHEN YOU GET MY AGE SON ,AND YOUR EYE SIGHT STARTS DIMMING,THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO. IF IT OFFENDS YOU :twisted: ALL I CAN SAY IS (GET OVER IT)

SPAD
May I suggest holding the control key down and scrolling the mouse wheel up?

I had no interest in warbirds in FSX but I saw an article for the A2A P-47 with all its Accu-sim goodness and that actions had consequences for engine life and I was intrigued. I was at that time fed up with being able to slam the throttle full forward and leaving it there for the duration of the flight. So although the P-47 didn't excite me, the technology being added to FSX with this Accu-sim did. I purchased it and it started my love for anything Accu-sim'ed. Pretty much all the A2A offerings be they warbirds, GA or the commercial airliner of a bygone age seem to offer something different.

You can't blame A2A for broadening their horizons and with it bringing in new customers, which in turn brings in more revenue to for them to continue to push the FSX/P3D boundaries. Also remember that aircraft type to be researched revolves around the ability to be able to have good access to the aircraft for taxi/flight characterization. Anyone watching the A2A videos would have seen the amount of work going into research and the video/audio captures being done.

I think we all have our own wish list of Accu-simmed birds but A2A are always going to do what they can based on aircraft availability, market interest and team work load. If they started pumping out a new plane every three months I'm sure people would complain that they hadn't spent enough time on them and perceived quality would come into that.
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb M2 for MSFS
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 2070 Super
TrackIR 5, Honeycomb controls, Saitek panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft

spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by spadjockey »

hh

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

spadjockey wrote:WHEN YOU GET MY AGE SON ,AND YOUR EYE SIGHT STARTS DIMMING,THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO. IF IT OFFENDS YOU :twisted: ALL I CAN SAY IS (GET OVER IT)
I just used the search function to locate all 30 of your posts, and almost all of them except for this thread are lower case, so you can post appropriately. You just choose not to.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:
spadjockey wrote:WHEN YOU GET MY AGE SON ,AND YOUR EYE SIGHT STARTS DIMMING,THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO. IF IT OFFENDS YOU :twisted: ALL I CAN SAY IS (GET OVER IT)
I just used the search function to locate all 30 of your posts, and almost all of them except for this thread are lower case, so you can post appropriately. You just choose not to.
Some people age quickly... :wink:

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

pjc747 wrote:
Bruce Hamilton wrote:
Some people age quickly... :wink:
Actually, Peter, they do.

Maybe the guy was struggling for a while to read the forum and came up with this as a solution.

And maybe others can follow Ian P's lead and suggest something constructive instead of playing forum detective or otherwise beating the guy up.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Not posting in all caps is one of the earliest online rules, predating the Internet by a considerable margin.

Hook

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

Am I the only one who saw the headline on this thread and thought "Buffalo Springfield"?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY[/youtube]
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

SpadJockey, we're complimented by your post, as you are simply asking us to make airplanes you are passionate about. We (A2A) also follow our passion of aviation. And as Chris (CAPFlyer) said, we also make choices that are best to build our technology. If you look at our current Accu-Sim fleet, with the J3, Stratocruiser, B-17, P-51, Spitfire, P-40, and P-47, and the Cessna 172, Piper Cherokee will fit in perfectly. We love most airplanes, and we're always looking for a new challenge.

We're going to release a video tomorrow that reviews both high and low wing aircraft, and this will likely help to explain why we went in the direction we did.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

budmorgan
Staff Sergeant

Post by budmorgan »

Scott - You are a gentlemen, scholar, and I must say, a diplomat :)

Something tells me we'll be discussing ground effect tomorrow?

Also:
Scott - A2A wrote: We love most airplanes...
I found this interesting and the thought occurred to me, how about you give us one a/c that you absolutely despise and will absolutely, no matter what, will never be accussimed!

Hope all is well.

Cheers!

Bud
Buddy Morgan

ImageImageImage

i5 2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro - G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB - EVGA GTX 570 Fermi

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”