SCREEN NAMES

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: SCREEN NAMES

Post by spadjockey »

I picked spadjockey because I was in the US NAVY at NAS LEMOORE California when the SKY RAIDER was taken out of service. I have always liked that heavy old bird, and respected what was capable of. I also built an 84 inch wing span rc model of the SKY RAIDER named NAKED FANNY (959). It took 4 years of building and $4,000 to complete. I never got to fly it because of health reasons, but sure was a great attraction at our big bird gatherings. I got plenty of offers to sell it but no one came up with the right price.

I also was a certified diver back in the 60's .The old old Loyd Bridges style tank and regulator.

greasysidedown
Senior Airman

Post by greasysidedown »

My first lesson at Ft. Rucker in the mighty TH-55, the instructor started his brief with "Keep the greasy side down and the pointy end forward. If anything bad happens, find the biggest piece and fly it back." If he was smoking a cigarette the lesson was going well, if he was chewing Rolaids, not so well. Later when I set up an email account I took greasysidedown and have been using it as a user name other places too.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Contrary to what most people assume... I do not claim to see into the future.

However, I can help you with managing your data using database technology such as those avaliable from Oracle. This is not an endorsement nor have I ever worked for Oracle. :) I work in IT in the finance industry and happened to see the ticker for Oracle scroll by on my screen and that it would sound cool as a callsign.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Mine is simple- i used this handle when I joined Flightsim.com and its forum back in 1997 and became a fairly common poster there. When I started branching out, I decided to use it for any forum I went to since both the Flight Sim and Aviation community are fairly small and I wanted people to be able to find me wherever I was.

Also, I'm not a Civil Air Patrol pilot currently, but I am a pilot and a member of CAP, so it does work. :)

pilotdude3407
Airman Basic

Post by pilotdude3407 »

The first part of mine is self explanatory and the 3407 is the tail number of my airplane, of which I left out the last letter. This name has been with me since i created my email address of the same name about 14yrs ago.
Using Tapatalk

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

Mine's cause I'm goofy over all Russian aircraft... particularly the MiG-21. It's just so UGLY... second only to the MiG-15, my other love.

Andy
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

There are a lot of reasons I like this old plane, so I borrowed it's name.

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

Mine is really simple.
Trucker17. Because I was a truck driver at the time I took the name, 17 because of the date of my birth, the 17th of March.
Now that I am retired from driving I may take another one someday....

Before that I had one that was a screen name, CB handle and nick name. That was Budweiser Bandit. A nick name I was given when I was 4 years old. My dad, my brother and my uncle, would set their beer on the table and leave the room, I would come in and grab it and go lock myself in the bathroom and drink it.....
When my dad was stationed in the Solomon Islands, the base commander and sailors had another name for me....But we wont go their..... :roll:

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

pjc747

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”