Carenado

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
jjsemperfi
Airman

Carenado

Post by jjsemperfi »

I don't know guys, Carenado is cranking out some pretty damn nice aircraft. Not sure if they are a lot bigger operation but if A2A and Carenado joined forces. They could create some amazing stuff. Although Carenado doesn't have Accu Sim, A2A still has em beat :D

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: Carenado

Post by Medtner »

I have to say that Carenado was the first pay-ware addon-company I used, and I bought quite a few aircraft before I discovered A2A. I NEVER use the Carenado aircraft anymore - they simply won't do, pretty as they are. I had some good times with them, but I find them uselessly taking up space.

So, I wouldn't want A2A to be watered down by merging or something similar. I love them as they are. :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Fedex B17Pilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fedex B17Pilot »

Ive only kept the C337 and the V35 as they fit my style and taste in ga aircraft, but i find myself flying the 17 47 and 51 more and more, specially since i fly with the 91st.
ImageImageImage

Matt81
Airman First Class

Post by Matt81 »

All looks no substance

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Same here got bored with the eye candy. What's the point if red lining the engines doesn't result damage? I wouldn't mind their release schedule for A2A though.. a new accusim bird every 6-9 months would be awesome but probably bad for my wallet.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

computerflyer
Senior Airman

Post by computerflyer »

Speaking of eye candy, A2A has plenty of that. With the recent release of a screen shot of the Piper Cherokee interior, I had to study it for a moment, trying to figure out whether it was a photograph of an actual plane or a screen shot. One of my favorites is the A2A P-51. The P-51 visuals are incredible.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

computerflyer wrote:Speaking of eye candy, A2A has plenty of that. With the recent release of a screen shot of the Piper Cherokee interior, I had to study it for a moment, trying to figure out whether it was a photograph of an actual plane or a screen shot. One of my favorites is the A2A P-51. The P-51 visuals are incredible.
This is so true. A2A lets you have both the systems-modelling and the visual stuff. I am such a fan of realism and trying to do as I would in real life, so that I actually don't get to appreciate the external model that much - I always stay inside the cockpit when flying. The cool thing about the walk-around of the Cessna is that I actually get to see how beautifully modelled it is.

I would sacrifice the external model for more systems and internal modelling, but the beauty of FSX and the A2A-planes is that one gets it all.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

I've deleted all my Carenado planes except the C152 II. That one i like. I had 4 of Carenados in my hangar, all now pointless after RealAir Lancair Legacy and A2A C172.

I think RealAir is the only GA plane maker for FSX that can get within a lightyear of A2A.

Dooga
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dooga »

Lol, the last thing I'd have expected is Carenado to be discussed in this forum!

Agree with the replies so far. They are okayish for simple planes that don't have much in terms of systems or FM complexity, and there's simply no alternative for quite a few common GA models.

But that's about it. What I kept because I like: C152, C185 Bush. What I kept because of no alternative: PA-28 Archer.

jjsemperfi
Airman

Post by jjsemperfi »

So you guys are saying that the TBM isn't nice? I agree that A2A is way beyond anything that Carenado has ever done, but the diversity of the aircraft they are putting out is definitely nice. I am a rotor craft pilot and it's hard to find nice helo's for FSX. I wouldn't go as far as saying I would only fly the DoDo Sim because it is the only realistic one. When Nemeth Designs is cranking out pretty darn good ones more often and have more variety.

jjsemperfi
Airman

Post by jjsemperfi »

Don't get me wrong guys. I love A2A aircraft, I own every Accu Sim AC they make. But I love learning how to fly new and diverse aircraft as well.

rotrhed
Senior Airman

Post by rotrhed »

jjsemperfi wrote:Don't get me wrong guys. I love A2A aircraft, I own every Accu Sim AC they make. But I love learning how to fly new and diverse aircraft as well.
In most other aircraft that's made for flight sim besides a2a are you really learning to fly the plane? I haven't found to many flight models that replicate real flight characteristics. Realair and a2a are about the only ones that come to mind.

jjsemperfi
Airman

Post by jjsemperfi »

Most flight sim models are crap when it comes to aerodynamic modeling. I like check list procedures and variations in performance and type of aircraft.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

While I do have a small collection of Carenados, I don't fly them much. I do enjoy Carenado's 337 Skymaster however, mainly because it is such a unique airplane. With a few user tweaks, Accufeel and RXP it is a pretty good addon. It is no where near Accusim level of course, and it would be great to have the Skymaster's famous quirks simulated, but it is what it is.

I agree with the sentiment above, Carenado/Alabeo have very nice visuals, some have good FDEs. They aren't particularly deep systems wise, and thats fine, they cater to the simming group who enjoys that kind of thing. Some folks like touring the scenery and don't want to be bothered with having to take care of the aircraft. Judging from the screenshot pages on Avsim and Orbx, I would say they sell pretty well too.

Personally I wish Carenado would go back to the simlpler GAs that Alabeo is now doing, so Alabeo could go back to doing the exotic vintage stuff. As Carenado gets into sophisticated glass aircraft, the more complex the plane, the farther they get from any sort of systems fidelity.

However, I also think developers should challenge themselves and push their limits, especially if they are passionate about this hobby. We wouldn't have accusim if A2A didn't challenge themselves. They could have continued to make WOP2/AF2 type projects, which would have been great but Accusim is much better 8)

Bottom line is tho, if you enjoy it, fly it.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Carenado's planes look very nice, but the flight dynamics are way off. I have their C337 and Commander 114. I have also seen a video of Bob Hoover doing his thing in a Commander 114, and then tried replicating that. No could do. As soon as you try anything out of the ordinary, FSX registers an overstressed airframe and a crash. Accufeel improves things a bit and some kind person has released a revised FDE for the Commander 114 which improves things again. But this is payware, so it should be right straight out of the box. A2A is, and if not they fix it with their updates, so my hard-earned only goes to A2A now on.

Keep doing that voodoo that you do so well, please A2A.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”