Status F-104?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Status F-104?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Oh for sure, the Accu-sim or aircraft factory guys will always have at least one military project or military linked project in the works. As it stands at the moment we have around 5 at various stages!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tol3458
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Tol3458 »

As an owner of a 1962 PA-24-250 with tip tanks I'm curious about your comment about keeping fuel in the tips for "inertia". What do you mean? In my experience the plane is a wonderfully stable platform, with or without fuel in the tips. However, taking off with the tips full will require some switching of tanks to keep the plane balanced in straight and level flight.

By the way, what kind of tanks are those? Brittan? They seem a slightly different shape than my Osborne.

Keep up the good work.

Tom LeC

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

If I were to get excited about an early jet fighter it would be the F-86D Saber with an approximate kill ratio of 10:1 in Korea.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :idea:

CIWS01
Senior Airman

Post by CIWS01 »

Scott - A2A wrote:We are not giving up on Warbirds - they are in our blood, but we're in a building process again and so far, it's been a necessary move for us to learn and expand further.

However, the F-104 has been put on ice for the time being for two reasons:
1. Supersonic flight has opened an entire new chapter in aerodynamics
2. The J79 turbojet systems in the F-104's are a bit too complex to make as a first jet

Considering both of the above points, we started working on a new T-33 model and plan to take one up a test flight in the coming months:

Scott.
[/quote]

It's funny, again at the Empire State Aerosciences Museum they had a video of the testing done by GE at the airport after WW2. One of the old news clips shows a P-51D doing a fly-by on the airfield. The announcer touts the performance of the '51, but then the next shot shows a video of a P-80 Shooting Star flying up to and passing the 'Stang' on the next fly-by. Saying "progress marches ever on and old technology is always replaced by the new!"

It was a cool bit of video and I'm thinking, "I want to recreate that video with my A2A P-51 and the T-33! lol. Just a bit of fun. Can't beat a good day at a museum!
Image Image
ImageImage

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

In a perfect world, there would be an A2A simulation of each aircraft. A P-61 Black Widow. A C-47. A Lockheed Connie. Even that whacked out transport they bombed that bridge with in "Flying Tigers." Oh, how about a Grumman F9F Panther!

I say we just let the normal evolution of A2A do it's own thing. Maybe we should give the "Old Man" a break and let them model a Piper Comanche. I'd buy that one.

A2A: You guys are Sierra Hotel!

Seeya
ATB

PS: How about guns for the P-40?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”