Another record year for A2A Simulations Inc.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Another record year for A2A Simulations Inc.

Post by Scott - A2A »

January 1, 2014

2013 was both the sixth consecutive year and highest single year of growth for A2A.

Our company’s first product released ten years ago, FirePOWER for Microsoft Flight Simulator 3, was critically acclaimed and is still the #1 highest rated flight simulation game since its release.

But the now defunct publisher, GMX Media, went bankrupt shortly afterwards, sending then “Shockwave Productions” into financial debt. The following title for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, “Heavy Bombers and Jets” was again a huge success with the customers, but retail stores were beginning to wind down their stock of PC based gaming and sales were only mildly successful.

The following product, WWII FIGHTERS, was actually completed for Microsoft Flight Simulator X before its release, and was also very well received by customers, yet PC Game boxed products continued to slide downward and revenues were again not enough to sustain the company.

By 2008 then Shockwave Productions was carrying a load of financial debt, but instead of holding back, we doubled down and invested everything we had in a new home grown flight simulation technology called “Accu-Sim.” With Accu-Sim’s debut, the Accu-Sim Boeing 377 Stratocruiser launched out of the gates, smashing any previous first day sales records.

Since that year, 2008, now A2A Simulations Inc. has seen every successive year beat the previous year by double-digit growth with an upward trend of success. Today, A2A Simulations Inc. is twice the size, debt free, and our last release, the “C172 Trainer” is our most popular product ever released.

During all this time, the BDG (Battle of Britain Development Group) continues to house their development here with Battle of Britain II, which has seen a steady, healthy community enjoying what is one of the most immersive air combat simulations ever released. We still have our long term goal of having “all hands on deck” working together under one roof through the miracle and freedom of flight simulation.

As we review our month to month sales throughout 2013, we see a steady flow of fresh customers and community growth. During 2013, A2A Simulations also acquired many respected sponsors like Conoco Phillips and Champion Aerospace, and those relationships form the foundation of more plans in development for 2014. As of this writing, a new Accu-Sim core update looks to be just days from being released.

The key I think to success is to be forever learning and pushing forward. Learning means growth, growth means change, and change means life continues to be interesting. We have all of that in abundance right now with our development group, and I speak for the whole company when I say thank you to everyone here for taking this journey with us through the magical world of flight simulation. Each of us have aviation in our genes and A2A is proud to be a part of this great family.

And speaking of family, our own Lewis Bloomfield asked his beautiful now fiance Emma to marry him last night, and she said "yes."

Congratulations Lewis, A2A and this entire community are lucky to have you on our team.

- A2A Simulations Development Group
A2A Simulations Inc.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Another record year for A2A Simulations Inc.

Post by JoeS475 »

Wow, congratulations Scott and the whole team on your continued success. It is very much deserved. I am confident whatever surprises you have in store for us will all be ground breaking and worth the wait.

And Lewis, congratulations, what a great start to your New Year!!!!

Best wishes to all,

Joe
Joe

Kiwi Spitfire
Senior Airman

Post by Kiwi Spitfire »

Awesome stuff Scott and team - what a great story of dogged determination and grit to stick with what you love and make it work! Both your own and your teams passion for aviation really shows through. From my 20-something years of PC flight simming etc I would say hands-down these are the best products, with a such a great support team behind them, that I have ever seen. The future for A2A looks very bright in deed, and I am sure many more people will discover the joy that is piloting an A2A accu-sim aircraft in the years to come.

A big congratulations to Lewis also, great way to start the year indeed!!
ImageImageImageImageImage

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha | Intel i7-6700K@ 4.5Ghz O/C | G-Skill 16GB 2800MHz DDR4 RAM | Asus Strix 6GB nVidia GTX980ti | 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M2 | Phillips 32" Display | TrackIR |Win10 64bit.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Scott - what a terrific story! Congratulations and thanks - we're grateful you guys hung in!

And Lewis - congratulations! And hang in! 8)

Looking forward to flying with you guys in '14 and beyond.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

That is wonderful news Scott. May this year bring even more success and trailblazing Accusim development to A2A.

Congratulations Lewis! Think she'll go for a Klingon wedding?....or maybe even a Betazoid wedding? :mrgreen:

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Congratulations to A2A for all of their great products and ard work
And to Lewis and his beautiful fiancé Emma for tying the knot :-)
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

smokeyupahead
Staff Sergeant

Post by smokeyupahead »

What a great story of determination!
I'm glad you made it so far!
I love the c172 and if you continue down this road I'm sure things can only improve for you, without a doubt.
Bravi!

David
Cheers,
David DD

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

congrats Lewis ;P , congrats Scott and team... and thank you for some great timeless outstanding aircrafts, keeping history alive and making a C172 one of the most lovely airplanes of FSX ;D (I've never thought before this could happen... a CESSNA!!)

:mrgreen:

Hats off to A2A!!

Greets,
Marc

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

Congrats to A2A and the Lewis.
M.Carter
Private Pilot

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

Congrats Scott and team.....We know that this new year and each year that follows will be the most fantastic for you and for all of us here in the A2A Community.....

And a very special thing happened last night with our very good friend Lewis becoming engaged....May life for the 2 of you be filled with special memories and magical moments.....
Congratulations to both of you....My friend....
Craig and Amanda.

blackhawks
Technical Sergeant

Post by blackhawks »

Way to go Lewis!!! Congrats to you both, and may this next chapter in life be your best yet.

Each A2A release is better than the last, and I thank you all for the hard work. It is very much appreciated.
-mike

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Thanks for the time trip Scott.Still I miss the ole discs and printed material though.

And congratulations to Lewis may you and your fiancee have a long and happy life together.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

great story, great product, great people!

Good Luck to Lewis.

Sometimes the good guys do win.

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

As others have said.....Great Story!! Since I joined A2A products about the time of the Accusim release.....I was unaware of the history of A2A!! As they say......Good things happen to good people. (smile) Congratulations Scott and Team!!!!

And a special Congratulations to Lewis and his Bride to be!!!!

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

aob9
Airman

Post by aob9 »

Congratulations to all, great to hear of your continued success. If the C172 is anything to go by the future is very bright indeed.
The sky is the limit.
Anthony

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”