Do you prefer real life planes or dream planes?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Do you prefer real life planes or dream planes?

Post by Alfredson007 »

There are planes for FSX that many can fly in real life, such as the c172. Most a2a planes are planes not many can never fly in real life, or even see IRL.

It is great we have both, but which ones are more important to you? Personally, i prefer down to earth planes, like the c172.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Do you prefer real life planes or dream planes?

Post by JoeS475 »

The Cessna is probably one of the best sim planes ever created, but my heart is with the warbirds- notably the Civilian P-51. I have always been a huge fan of historical aviation, and the relatively large amount of Mustangs still flying makes them accessible, in a way. While I will never get the chance to actually fly one, flying IN one is still a distinct possibility (at least it will be when I have $1500 or so to spare 8) ), and I have seen so many of these Mustangs up close over the years I have a real fondness for them that no Cessna (apart from N46475, my first solo) can ever match!

Joe
Joe

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I prefer three types of planes I suppose.

- Those I have flown or am currently flying
This is something that just makes you feel comfortable in a familiar environment. Personally, I look forward to the Comanche just so I can do emergency training or practice flying into a new airport.

- A "slight" chance to be able to fly
This is sort of like a dream plane that I think someday, many years down the road, may be able to afford to fly.

- An aircraft we simply cannot fly
The Heinkel 219 is something that will never happen, but I can imagine what it would be like to land one at my local airport.

Great question,
Scott.

Double post:
Yes Joe, I agree. The Civilian Mustang is just a blast flying in local areas and experiencing just how fast this thing is in the pattern.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Fedex B17Pilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fedex B17Pilot »

Scott - A2A wrote:I prefer three types of planes I suppose.

- Those I have flown or am currently flying
This is something that just makes you feel comfortable in a familiar environment. Personally, I look forward to the Comanche just so I can do emergency training or practice flying into a new airport.

- A "slight" chance to be able to fly
This is sort of like a dream plane that I think someday, many years down the road, may be able to afford to fly.

- An aircraft we simply cannot fly
The Heinkel 219 is something that will never happen, but I can imagine what it would be like to land one at my local airport.

Great question,
Scott.

Double post:
Yes Joe, I agree. The Civilian Mustang is just a blast flying in local areas and experiencing just how fast this thing is in the pattern.

Im going to do a plus on all of those points Scott,

Not a real pilot but had my chance in my intro flight in a 172R at my local FBO KSFF for an hour and twelve minutes, but like to think that once im at my job on the rail for a few more years and have a house and saved enough money i can someday complete flight school and get my license for wings.

Second point rolled into point one so heres point three

My dream is to fly the Corsair in any variant but mainly the early -1C/D like my grandfather repaired during the war, ive seen a few in the "Controller" a national Wheel Deals if you will i excitedly pick up and read while im enjoying my breakfast at the Skyway cafe, but alas i dont have the $3Mil asking price for the -7 that was used in the tv show Blacksheep<Great show by the way or the FG1-D i saw a few weeks ago.
ImageImageImage

rotrhed
Senior Airman

Post by rotrhed »

I like what A2A is doing. Giving us a taste of planes most of us will never fly but also having planes that anyone could get their hands on.

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

I personally prefer the aircraft I could realistically have a chance of flying in the real world. One of the main reasons I use flight sims is that I don't currently have the time or money for flight training, so I like to simulate what I would be doing if I did. :wink:

rola234
Airman Basic

Post by rola234 »

I like the c172 accusim plane
the best aircraft thanks a2a

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

I know A2A is doing a Cherokee, but Scott mentioned Comanche. Are we getting both?

rotrhed
Senior Airman

Post by rotrhed »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:I know A2A is doing a Cherokee, but Scott mentioned Comanche. Are we getting both?
I'm sure since he owns one, it will be done. Maybe he just let a cat out of the bag? Hopefully? :mrgreen:

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:I know A2A is doing a Cherokee, but Scott mentioned Comanche. Are we getting both?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6l9KSu2330

So, yes.. ? it's a bit overdue, aug 2012 and he speaks about 6-12 months..

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

The Cessna is a great plane....And one I fly all the time.....But I am also flying other types of planes as well, and once the grandfathers plane is finished, i'll be flying it as much as I can....So the Goose is also an aircraft in fly a lot while in the sim......
I also fly the fighters and bombers quite a lot as well.....

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Alfredson007 wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6l9KSu2330

So, yes.. ? it's a bit overdue, aug 2012 and he speaks about 6-12 months..
That video mentions the Cherokee, which I already know about. I suspect the 6-12 months was re: the Cessna 172.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I tend to first decide what I plan to accomplish during my flying session and then pick the aircraft that best fills the role. Sometimes its real planes and other times its dream planes. When picking aircraft I prefer the most realistic and work down from there. For example, if I want to do a dry run before a real world flight I'll use the Carenado C172N even though it lacks accusim it behaves more like the C172M I fly in real life then the A2A C172R. However, If practicing IFR procedures, I will use the A2A C172R since it fills the role and is the most realistic. If I'm in the mood for flying the heavies I'll hop in the A2A B377. Nothing against modern jets but I'd rather hand fly then program the FMC and eye fly the airplane.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Kiwi Spitfire
Senior Airman

Post by Kiwi Spitfire »

Firstly I would have to go with the old aircraft I would love to fly in (and it is possible) - the warbirds, notably the Spitfire of course! :wink: (cough,cough - Mosquito - cough)

There is just something about that awesome motor hanging off the front of not-much-at-all, and it sounds so kick-ass, and you can't beat the history of the aircraft...or it's unmistakable silhouette. Also being a flight engineer, of course I love struggling with the engine to kick her into life then managing it old school..no modern computers doing everything for you! That is also why I like flying the B-17 so much also, I pretty much kick the FO out of the FD and manage the engines myself..much more fun! (Mowskeetoww)

Then I like jumping in the C172 for some 'civilised responsible' flying in the circuit or short navs about the place, stalling etc....but TBH I got the civvi Mustang for my longer nav flights, fast VFR/IFR nav in style! 8)

I am not really a fan of the 'set the computer and sit back' type of airline flying. It is actually becoming a serious threat to aviation safety, just recently a pilot was scared to land his Asiana 777 on a gin-clear day because the ILS was not available...but he gave it a crack anyway and crashed, killing 2 passengers :shock: As quoted by a lawyer working the case - "Perhaps old-fashioned flying was the only thing they could rely on, but nobody's done it for a very long time," she says.

(Mosquito) :wink:
ImageImageImageImageImage

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha | Intel i7-6700K@ 4.5Ghz O/C | G-Skill 16GB 2800MHz DDR4 RAM | Asus Strix 6GB nVidia GTX980ti | 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M2 | Phillips 32" Display | TrackIR |Win10 64bit.

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”