Prepar3D and Internet

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
HAROLD SCHECKEL JR
Airman First Class

Prepar3D and Internet

Post by HAROLD SCHECKEL JR »

Does anyone know if you can use Prepar3D on a computer not connected to the Internet?
Thanks,
Harold

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Prepar3D and Internet

Post by Ian P »

There are three methods of activation, I believe, including "offline" although I don't know how it works as I've not used it.

Once activated, there is no reason to connect it to the internet. Indeed given the application of the sim, it's unlikely people will connect a fixed base trainer to the internet, so it makes sense for it not to need a connection.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

You'll need to redownload all your FSX software to get P3D compatible installers, why would you not want to connect to the internet?

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:You'll need to redownload all your FSX software to get P3D compatible installers, why would you not want to connect to the internet?
Because thats not what he's asking, Bruce. He's asking if he can run P3D while disconnected, which he can.

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

That isn't how he worded his question... To me, that implies he has no internet on that computer, not just being disconnected.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Bruce, P3D is intended to be used as a Professional platform. Many professional simulators do not have connections to networks, let alone the internet.

You're stuck in consumer entertainment mode, not thinking that anyone might use things differently.

Ian P.

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

If you seriously believe anybody in this forum isn't using P3D for consumer entertainment, then I got a bridge to sell you... :mrgreen:

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

If you think that flying schools and similar don't use both FSX and P3D for ground training, regardless of licences, then you need a hard lesson in reality. As well as as re-assessment of your attitude and reading lessons regarding the original post, which was very clearly stated :roll:

And with that, I'm done with you.

Ian P.

HAROLD SCHECKEL JR
Airman First Class

Post by HAROLD SCHECKEL JR »

Thanks for your reply Ian, you answered my question.
Harold

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”