C172 rental model

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

C172 rental model

Post by Kilstorm »

Of your planes past, each model retains its age. So far thats been great because of all the planes its kind of been a one owner thing. However, with the C172 model, many times a pilot will use a rental not knowing much about the plane.

I'm a member of FSEconomy where we can rent planes and its stored in a membership database logging who flew it, how many hours, what fuel was left in what tanks, the age of the plane and engine etc. It would be a great feature if one of the C172 models that is part of the accu-sim package was a rental. Each time you select it, it gives random or is picked from a long list of predetermined aged planes just like how the B-17 radio stations are picked when the radio man says he's getting something on the radio.

That way we can have models that are private owned knowing how its been handled over time and for those more adventurous can select the rental model and get an aged, used plane that has the possibility of having something that is gone bad, might go bad or not working right. Hopefully the walk around check feature of the C172 will not be to revealing as to show something that you wouldnt see on the walk around but only once in the MX hangar. That way we can do a proper walk around of the C172 and miss things that we can find out in the MX hangar.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

computerflyer
Senior Airman

Re: C172 rental model

Post by computerflyer »

The last time we went up in a rental plane, the fuel gauges showed empty even though we had fully filled the tanks, and the circuit breaker kept tripping for the autopilot. After the flight we advised the guy at the FBO of the problems, and he scowled at us like it was our fault! Can A2A include that FBO guy with the C172 rental model?

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Lol I do like the idea of the rental and to be honest I love the fact that the plane can break and secretly I hope something breaks during each flight.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

n421nj wrote:...secretly I hope something breaks during each flight.
Been doing some flights in the A2A Civvy Mustang lately, and it's been more reliable than a wood burning stove/grandfather clock/other colloquially reliable item. If only it'd break and make the flying INTERESTING, darn it! ;)

Either that or maybe some good IFR conditions along my route.

Can't wait for the 172 to appear so I can be forced to do some real IFR in a plane that can't just fly up to the heavens to escape it!
computerflyer wrote:Can A2A include that FBO guy with the C172 rental model?
The Scowling FBO Guy should be a stand alone add-on, akin to 'Bob' from that other developer. ;)

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Kilstorm,

We added a "USED" button, that essentially randomly ages the airplane. I think you'll like this feature.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Scott - A2A wrote:Kilstorm,

We added a "USED" button, that essentially randomly ages the airplane. I think you'll like this feature.

Scott.
I think I will too Scott, I think I will too. :D
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

newblackgold
Airman First Class

Post by newblackgold »

Scott - A2A wrote:Kilstorm,

Scott.
I didn't realize it was my birthday... been wanting one of these since I was accusimmed.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Every release I tend to insist and nag on the team 24/7 a feature or two that Ive noticed you guys would like via comments on the forums etc. The Used feature was one such item that had been requested and we had thought about for some time.

The 172 with its rental/flight school background seemed like the ideal aircraft to introduce the feature. Its one Ive been testing and flying with extensively it can certainly make flights more interesting as you discover the character of the aircraft on the fly (pardon the pun!)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Getting better and better!
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Lewis - A2A wrote: The 172 with its rental/flight school background seemed like the ideal aircraft to introduce the feature. Its one Ive been testing and flying with extensively it can certainly make flights more interesting as you discover the character of the aircraft on the fly (pardon the pun!)
Seeing that we will have options of plugs, tires, battery and oil among other things, I really hope the used plane with its random picking feature mixes up as many items as possible in addition to the used modeling under the cowling and to the airframe. I just love the idea of have a c172 that I own and take care of and also being able to rent one that is used and I have little knowledge of how its been flown. I would stay out of the MX hangar on the rentals and enjoy the real life feel of discovering the plane on each flight and only open up the mx hangar window when I know I need to have something looked at on the rental much like a squawk report.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

That's great guys :D

When you guys do the paint kit, would you consider adding PSD templates for the interior too? That way we can really paint up a 'used' cockpit...ie with duct tape, INOP placards...etc. :lol:
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Eric.
Staff Sergeant

Post by Eric. »

Is the Used button going to allow us to switch back to the privately owned plane, where we left off with it? So that we can fly a C172 as if it were new and continue to accumlate hours, then land, switch to a "used" rental plane, then land and get back into the privately owned one? That's important to me.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Every release I tend to insist and nag on the team 24/7 a feature or two that Ive noticed you guys would like via comments on the forums etc. The Used feature was one such item that had been requested and we had thought about for some time.
Lewis,

Have you considered that you would keep your "Trainer" line of products open for paid upgrades in the future? I would think that when such an addon of one of the most common aircraft types around will be released for uses ranging from real life training to keeping-up type of use, the feedback from actual worldwide users from different aircraft and different places on the globe will give you so much of feedback that I believe the analyzing and implementing of that would be quite a handful.

I mean, that I certainly am aware that there is a limit of what can be included into a product. And with the time, we all find some stuff, perhaps important, that is actually missing from the original product, no matter how perfect that was when released. I think it would be very reasonable to expect the product to keep up with the progress, but I do not expect that to be without some reasonable compensation for that work.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

My question is similar to Eric's: If I select "used" will I be accumulating hours on that same used airframe each time I come back to the sim, like it is my own plane? Or will "used" put the aircraft in a random state each time the aircraft loads? Or some combination thereof? I think this is a great feature no matter how it is implemented, but I'd love to hear a little more about it!

Joe
Joe

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Maybe an avionics upgrade would be cool in the future. Kinda like the 737ngx where you can select different avionics packages for each airline etc.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”