A2A DC3?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
BernieS
Airman Basic

A2A DC3?

Post by BernieS »

For those who haven't seen it, there is a thread over at Avsim bemoaning the lack of a good DC3 for FSX.

The general feeling is that if A2A were to produce one, it would sell like hot cakes:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/409984-why ... available/

What do people here think about the idea of an A2A standard DC3 - I know that I'd buy it in an instant!!! :D

fve
Airman First Class

Re: A2A DC3?

Post by fve »

For me it would be the ultimate flightsim wish come true

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

We have discussed it in passing amongst the team, but right now its all systems go on the already announced projects. The GA stuff being developed/in testing at the moment is priority. It is directly tied into the real world training sims we are producing with redbird etc for the full motion sims and the AOPA Jay Sim for pilots.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alehead
Staff Sergeant

A2A DC3?

Post by alehead »

Would consider kickstarter to help towards development costs...
A

Andrew Entwistle
Andrew
i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), ASUS MAXIMUS X Hero, 16Gb RAM
EVGA GTX1070Ti, Win10Pro on Samsung M2 500Gb SSD, P3D V4 on 850 EVO 1Tb
Accusim (P3D): T6/Comanche/Cherokee/Spitfire/P51D Mustang (Civ)/V-Tail Bonanza

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Lewis - A2A wrote:We have discussed it in passing amongst the team, but right now its all systems go on the already announced projects. The GA stuff being developed/in testing at the moment is priority. It is directly tied into the real world training sims we are producing with redbird etc for the full motion sims and the AOPA Jay Sim for pilots.
I still don't understand why schools or whoever gets it need a C172 full motion sim... or is it the system background behind the sim to put into any sim like a 747 and so on? I've once been sitting in a jet-sim (don't know the actual plane anymore) at the University of North Dakota... it didn't move but was extremely close to the real world... When I think of the simulators I saw at Lufthansa I hardly can imagine, where they need any improvements we know from accusim? in which way will it be in use?

dseagrav
Senior Airman

Post by dseagrav »

alehead wrote:development costs...
All the money in the world won't buy more hours in the day.

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

No, but it makes the twenty four we get a lot more enjoyable. :lol:

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

dseagrav wrote:
alehead wrote:development costs...
All the money in the world won't buy more hours in the day.
we simply have to wait a couple of million of years to let earth rotation slow down :D

dalebfast
Airman

Post by dalebfast »

Well, at least it's thought of, and that's a start. I too, would buy it in an instant.
I fly one in FSE, but it's not much fun... though I do fly it to add to my hours
already logged into DC3 Airways. sigh...

Dale 8)
DCA-0516 Love those radials...
Image ImageImageImageImage

Cylon
Airman First Class

Post by Cylon »

A DC3 would be 100% perfect!! 8) :) I'll keep my fingers crossed, maybe one day A2A will develop one!

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

If I am not mistaken, I believe Robert Randazzo of PMDG owns a DC-3. Robert has said he is a big fan of A2A. Maybe he would let A2A poke around inside his DC-3 with recording equipment. Maybe a joint A2A-PMDG DC-3 project? :shock:

I think that would sell well :D

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

BertAtHome
Airman

A2A DC3?

Post by BertAtHome »

I definitly agree that a Douglas DC3 would the ultimate plane for A2A to go for. It would be a real tribute to this queen of the skies.
Image < Slow - Fast > Image

stiz
BDG

Post by stiz »

its also appeal to both the military and civilian crowd .. or so i've been told :D

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Military, Commercial, GA, bush, classic... It won't please the rotorheads, but then nothing ever does, their heads have to always be in a spin! :mrgreen:

Ian P.

Dr.P51-D
Airman Basic

Post by Dr.P51-D »

stiz wrote:its also appeal to both the military and civilian crowd .. or so i've been told :D
YES..that has been posted before. Personally I'd rather see a DC3 than a C172. I expect the 172 to be a well-done and accurate replica, and as such, will never be able to hold a candle to the usefulness, military version service, and public appeal of the DC3.

The 172 is the most popular GA bird ever...however it pales when one reads the history of the DC3. There is just no comparison.
Why should anyone even care?

It's JUST a SIMULATION

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”