Now you see it...

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Now you see it...

Post by Mig_Driver »

Hiya folks, I've been having this problem for a while and sort of kludging my way around it, but perhaps one of you fellow pilots would know the answer. Whenever I call up AccuFeel's menu box, the rest of the screen goes black as per usual, but after 2 seconds POOF... the whole screen goes black. I have to press Esc to exit and have the end flight? Resume Flight? dialog box open to see AccuFeel's menu at all.
It's not exclusive to AccuFeel at all, PMDG's options window disappears after the same time interval. Weird. Everything else is ok though.

Thanks in advance,
Andy
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

killer757
Staff Sergeant

Re: Now you see it...

Post by killer757 »

Hello,

Are you in window or full screen mode? Also, how many monitors do you have running? I remember having a issue like this, and I fixed it by switching over to window mode.

Thanks,
Ty D.
ImageImage

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I had the same issue (NVIDIA) and fixed it by setting the extern NVIDIA settings.

if you have a NVIDIA card, try to set the scale to fullscreen and uncheck the override by games and programs (I don't know the exact words in english windows), it's the checkbox below... You find it under Desktop Size and Position.

it also helped with the problem, when you're minimizing FSX and want to maxi it again...

Greets,
Marc

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

Thanks everyone for the help!

I have just one monitor, tried the NVidia external management app's fullscreen option, and making sure the override by application box was indeed unchecked (turned out to be unchecked all along, but worth investigating) - no joy. But I tried the going to windowed mode option - that worked, even though it shrinks the window, I can access the AccuFeel and PMDG settings boxes all day long. Merci beaucoup a toute!

I wonder why the native FSX menu screens stay on (Exit flight? Resume? etc) but any external developer's disappear after 2 seconds leaving a blank black screen.

This was indeed a great success, as any experiment that yields data is a success. Thanks all! I'll use this workaround.
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

Eric.
Staff Sergeant

Post by Eric. »

Are you using REX (or other weather application)? Somehow REX will make that happen, I've switched to Active Sky but I don't remember if it still does that. You can just press ALT+Enter to switch to windowed mode, open up the Accufeel dialog, close it, then Alt+Enter again to bring it back to fullscreen.

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

Yup, Eric, I always use REX essential ultimate overdrive HD... I didn't think that would cause any issues though but these things are always in the last place you look.
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”