The Controversal Connie

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
A1C_Elliott
Airman First Class

The Controversal Connie

Post by A1C_Elliott »

You know, i know this topic is TOUCHY for ALOT of people.... and i have read alot of forum posts about this subject before, and i havent ever seen A2A say anything about it... why is that exactly? Why is it A2A takes no stance on the beautiful constellation? Is it because there are just not enough available for them to do the research needed for an accu-sim program such as the B377?

I mean, i know we would all love to see that, and alot of other propliners with the accu-sim tech involved. The only problem i see is with every post i suppose, and including myself everyone always says... ohh it couldnt be THAT much different from the B377 (everything is compared to the B377)

Is this why it wont be done maybe? cause it REALLY isnt all that different so, really isnt worth the time?

Im in no way a programmer by any means, and from my point of view these guys have taken what we were given and just totally went BEYOND what the simulator was built for.... So i have the highest most respect for that.. im just interested in knowing whats in the mind of Scott on this subject...

Brutal honesty would be clear alot of the mud. Im sold to A2A no matter what they come out with lol! they have the highest quality product ever. Im sure if they redid the old wright flyer id even buy into it!!!

but knowing A2A.... the wright flyer would even be to an extreme realism we'd feel like we are there lol!

just wondering

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: The Controversal Connie

Post by Scott - A2A »

We love the Connie too :)
A2A Simulations Inc.

A1C_Elliott
Airman First Class

Post by A1C_Elliott »

Engaging "read to much into it" process

Hmmm scott...... :?

well ummm, how about you lewis??? got a stance? :lol:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Gangnam Stance?

Scott likes the connie, I like the DC's. However I also like the connie's just not as much as a Lancaster, Lancaster, Lancaster :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

SpitfireMelodeon
Senior Airman

Post by SpitfireMelodeon »

Lancaster?
What a good idea.......

Bill
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Post by thunderstreak »

Well then Lewis, when should I schedule your first appointment with the Lancaster to start the AccuSim research process.
My friend Rick is a full time engineer at CWH, it would be simple to set this up.
She's all apart for winter maintenance right now, good time to poke around!

No more excuses boys! :lol: :lol: :lol:

FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

A1C_Elliott
Airman First Class

Post by A1C_Elliott »

so its settled then, after this round of projects, we have the Connie and the Lancaster up right?!? :P id love to be as helpful and say i can get you in a connie..... BUT, i cant... lol

A1C_Elliott
Airman First Class

Post by A1C_Elliott »

Just wondering out there, and this is totally aside from A2A, how many people here actually fly the constellation now? Even without Accusim? I know justflight has what people consider "good" i guess. There are also alot of freeware ones out there... anyone care to chime in about whether or not they fly it?

Jetranger7
Senior Airman

Post by Jetranger7 »

JetRanger here,

I Like just about any & All Propliners, especially Propliners with 2 -3 or 4 Radial Engines !!

Those being the Ford Tri-Motor, the Junkers 52, the DC2 & DC3 , as well as the DC4 DC6 DC7
also the Lockheed Constellation L-1049's 4 engine Radial propliners.

I also like the Vintage Howard 500's.

The C46 Commando's

Martin 404's

Convair's

Lockheed electra 188's

Cessna 195 single Radial Engine

Douglas Globemaster C124's

Handly Page HP67's

Hawker Siddleys

Vickers Vanguards

Ilyushin IL-14's & 18's

Saunders Roe Flying Boat

Shorts Empire

Tupolev TU 114

Vickers Viscount

Vickers Viking

Also I especially like the Boeing 377 Propliner's !

Back in 2002 & 2004 I was wishing for a better 377 other than the freeware one at the time that was available .

A2A finally answered my Dream and I'm quite pleased with it !

Here are a few Photo Screen Shots of the Propliners I like to Fly in my FSX Gold/ Acceleration edition.

pilotgod
Senior Airman

Post by pilotgod »

Well, Jetranger7 has pretty much put up my list of aircraft that I fly around. As for what Connie I fly? Well, while I do not want to come across as "anti" any developer (I can't develop anything, so I am in debt to those who do), I am just not really impressed with the Justflight Connie. I fly the Manfred Jahn freeware L-1049G the most often and the L-1649 second. From an aesthetics standpoint, the Connie is one of the most beautiful aircraft I have ever seen (of course she is, she is a Kelly Johnson design). For overall "neat" propliner status, I have to hand that title over to the DC-7 and the DC-7C in particular.

Now that the topic of the Lancaster has been brought up, I have to agree that it would be great to see one done well. Of course an Accu-sim rendition is the ultimate goal, but I would be happy with any quality rendition of it. While there are Lancasters available for the sim, they all fall back in various ways on the default systems and it shows. I don't want to fly a DC-3 that has been dressed up as a Lancaster. I want to deal with all the nuances, quirks, and sublties that the Lancaster has. Also, I feel that there is a drastic lack of British aircraft available in the Sim. The Spit is a great start, but where are the quality Mosquitoes, Hurricanes, Lancasters, and for that matter, Electric Lightnings, Nimrods, and Vulcans?

In the end, I am a a nut about aviation and FS so anything that Accu-sim produces will get my business. I am looking forward to all the aircraft in the pipeline; from the C-172 to the F-4. It is getting to the point where I may just need to have part of my paycheck auto deposited into A2A coffers because there is a lot of goodies on the way that I will definitely have to get.
System Specs:
Intel i7-2600 @ 4.3GHz, ASUS P8P67-Deluxe, 8GB DDR3-1600, ATI Radeon HD7770 (2GB), OCZ Vertex 250GB SSD (OS), Seagate 1TB HDD (Data)
FSX w/Acceleration and tons of add-ons.

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Post by thunderstreak »

I have the Just Flight Connie but don't fly it much, pretty poor compared to the A2A and Aerosoft products.
FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

Jetranger7
Senior Airman

Post by Jetranger7 »

I still like the Just Flight Connie a lot, the only problem I found really was the modeling of the Passenger interior.

JF, didn't actually model the aircraft themselves, it was farmed out but I can't remember by who now ??

There was a lot of potential and somewhere somebody over looked this part in its stages, unbelievable the model/ designer did not catch this, whatever happened to checking / rechecking your work ??

Below are photo Screen Shots of the Constellations passenger interior, showing the mess up, still can't figure out how the designer didn't catch this before it was released.

You''ll notice the seat is cut in 1/2, it pertudes 1/2 way into the fuseladge, the table is cut in 1/2 as well,, and there are NO seats on the port side / pilots side of the aircraft and NO Windows for Wing Views etc.

I have Just Flights DC6, and DC3 series propliners and there are NONE of these problems, thankfully, their good aircraft to fly, tinker with.

Also, I think almost any Aircraft made by MILTON SHUPE is a great FREEWARE Aircraft, as I have many of his Aircraft from the Spartan to the Avio series aircraft propliners.

Jetranger7
Senior Airman

Post by Jetranger7 »

NOTE: in case anybody is wondering which / what File is the Badd file with the Constellation, its this one, took me a few hours to chase it down, figure it out, but its the

JF_CONNIE_CABIN2_C.DDS - FILE

located in the Aircrafts Texture File !!

I see no way to fix it really ??

Below is an actual photo-screen shot of the file thats the problem.

A1C_Elliott
Airman First Class

Post by A1C_Elliott »

i never noticed that about the just flight connie, thats a load isnt it? lol, poor practices.... they musta learned from microsoft... send a product out, THEN finish it! lol!!!!!

hey guys for you all to know, i have a virtual airline and we fly the connie/super connie.... would any of you guys be interested? we pretty much ALL have the just flight one, and i have a modded panel to allow you to use GPS navigation, and autopilot if anyone is interested....

I know people shutter at the sound of virtual airline sometimes. But id like to think we are all just a buncha pilots who like to hang out and talk about flying... our flagship is the B377, but we do have the connie's in our fleet... would anyone be interested in hoppin in the skies with us?

we fly on a server that has professional ATC as well. Pretty fun stuff!

A1C_Elliott
Airman First Class

Post by A1C_Elliott »

and soon we will be adding the DC-6 to our fleet, once we get the leases paid off the some of the rest of the fleet

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”