Merry Christmas and coming soon from A2A

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Damien
Airman Basic

Re: Merry Christmas and coming soon from A2A

Post by Damien »

That looks awesome and will be an instant upgrade... One question.. Will it work with software that already simulates head movement like Opus and EZDok or am I going to have to disable head movement in that software?

-Damien

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Damien wrote:That looks awesome and will be an instant upgrade... One question.. Will it work with software that already simulates head movement like Opus and EZDok or am I going to have to disable head movement in that software?

-Damien
It works fine with EZdok because Accu-feel does nothing in regards to moving your *viewpoint*, anything Accu-feel does is to the aircraft itself not your "virtual eyes" so to speak. So yes, it works fine with EZdok. However I don't know about OpusFSX, which I believe has implemented some type of turbulence motion as well, which I would assume would very likely interfere. But check on the Opus forum to be sure, because I don't own that product.

edit: Keep in mind you could always just disable the turbulence portion of Accu-feel 2.0 if it did in fact conflict with Opus.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Great news Scott.

Looking foward to this very much.

Happy Holidays to you, your family, the A2A Team, and community members.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Great :wink:

-how does Accu feel "turbulence" effects affect AS2012 weather inputs. Are there overlays of inputs to the aircraft?

-does accu feel generates accurate turbulence effects individually depending on AS2012 weather inputs?

Kind regards
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Accu-Feel monitors the actual wind behavior in FSX and then automatically adds the physics to it. So, regardless of how or what controls the wind, Accu-Feel sees this and adapts.

We also include a global slider for the turbulence, so if you wish to have more or less of an effect, you can set it in one area. Beyond this, we also allow you to set this on an aircraft by aircraft behavior.

This conservative approach has been one of the main reasons for Accu-Feel's survival / success. From the very start, we try our best to anticipate and cover as many possibilities as we can. Just in case we miss in some areas, we give full control to the customer.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

whiic
Staff Sergeant

Post by whiic »

Scott - A2A wrote:Accu-Feel monitors the actual wind behavior in FSX and then automatically adds the physics to it. So, regardless of how or what controls the wind, Accu-Feel sees this and adapts.
Does this also apply to wind layers? I remember that Spitfire used to make tire screeches or hard thumps when wind layer barrier was crossed at high speed (such as in a dive) because bad wind layer modeling of FSX caused G-forces (and twisting torque as the side wind hit the vertical stabilizer) to go off the scale for a fraction of a second triggering unintended sound samples in Accusim. (This was back in Core 1.0 or 1.1 and was fixed since then. The bad wind layering in FSX obviously remain as it has nothing to do with Core Accusim and Spitfire.)

Anyway, it seems much like a winner and a must get upgrade.

EDIT: Actually now that I read Scott's latest post, it obvious the wind layering itself is not smoothened - just the aircrafts reaction to sudden wind speed change, which could also have some smoothening logic as a filter between wind value and aircraft reaction to it, making the plane behave as if it was in a more realistic environment than it actually is. But the wind layers themselves aren't smoothed, i.e AccuFeel won't tamper with the weather setting in any way.

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Some questions to understand

Post by Nico081 »

Ok perfect, Scott. It is for to understand what is responsible for what. :wink:

So my idea is, weather in FSX is more or less professional generated by FSX or other addon weather engines. This weather conditions like turbulences, windshear, thermals, directly affects the aircraft (behavior).

Ok, until now i have questions:
-> Who is responsible for realistic behavior of an aicraft to different environmental conditions, FSX weather engine,3rd party addon weather engine or the aircraft addon developer?

At least one instance seems to be faulty, that seems to be the reason we need "accu feel v2", and i am happy about that :) . So which one(s) faulty instance will now be corrected by "accu feel v2"? Since a long time i am missing accurate and individual reactions of aircrafts when there are heavy thermals to expect and my idea was that the weather engine is not good enough to simulate real world behaviors into FSX. Am i right?

What i want is to get the most realistic behavior, depending on aircraft type with it´s current reactions. Accu Feel v2 now gives me the possibility to manage ( a currently for me unknown interface into FSX, weater and the aircraft) globally and individually for each aircraft. Second unknown for me is how to set the sliders to have the best setpoint for that aircraft to have the most realistic presetting. At this point aerodynamic changes due to snow/ice and aircraft mass should be no factor at that current post.

Would be happy about any help to better understand interfaces and state of realism.

Kind regards, Nico
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

jcomm
Senior Airman

Post by jcomm »

A 2013 full of good things to the whole A2A Team, and a wish from this user:

- A2A, please go DCS-World... We need you there too ;-)

FSX is/was a great simulation platform, no doubt. A2A pushed it beyond the limits, no doubt either... But, nothing can ,IMHO, come close to the level of quality/accuracy/immersion that DCS World provides, flight and systems-wise... I believe that if I ever reinstall FSX I will certainly restrict my airctaft add-ons solely to A2A's aircraft, but, it's difficult to get back to FSX after having tried DCS...

Other 3pds are aware of it and already getting ready. Even PMDG has expressed their availability for future projects based on DCS, should some conditions be met, and revealed their admiration for the higher standards set by that platform. Having A2A there would be great!!!!!

Now that DCS World is oppened to 3pds, please consider a broader line of products extending from FSX to DCS-World, and prepare the future at A2A ;-)

This comes from a typical civil flight simulator fan, for more than 20 yrs, and someone who admires all that A2A has done for flight simulation, starting with BoB, their first products for fs9, and recently the simply outstanding p51d Civil...
Use your flight simulators with a well defined purpose...

Don't expect them to be "perfect" or to fully cover all aspects of simulated flight...

Try to enjoy it instead of stressing... ( in few words - don't be like me ... )

Kobradelta1000
Airman First Class

Post by Kobradelta1000 »

Hi, great news!
One question about the friction system u will use in v2 .
Since fsuipc supports a new lua Plugin To alter the Groundroll friction, which i use now btw, will this interfere
Accu feel in a bad way?

Thnx
Reg
Klaus
from LOWG

fsx
Airman Basic

Post by fsx »

I still feel that this is one of the most significant flightsim addons since FSX launched in 2006. Thanks Scott and team. Version 2 is exactly what I was hoping would happen.

Merry Christmas and all that.

Eric

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We keep AccuFeel working at the lowest possible level in FSX to maintain compatibility. The side forces was developed before Johan over at avsim started making that dll, but I recently tested and did not see any conflicts. Plus, we also have a friction slider, that people can use to tweak it to be just right for their hardware sensitivity as well regardless of the setup.

Regarding the wind, Accu-Feel turbulence is not an expansive weather program, but rather this feature adds feel to the turbulence (hence, Accu-Feel :) ). However, it's a very necessary icing on the cake. We developed some of these turbulence algorithms years ago, and have developed them further over the past year while flying. So there has been a lot of just coming back from a trip while getting bounced around, coming back to the office, firing up FSX, and tuning the program to replicate the experience.

Most of the work now is ironing out little things, tuning this, etc.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

It goes without saying that AccuFeel V2 is a given, sooner the better! :D One question, does the turbulence data come from the weather engine being used(Opus in my case), FSX's weather or is it just an effect?
Either way, looking forward to it. :)

EDIT: Read ALL of the thread before making post! :(
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

golfcart22
Airman

Post by golfcart22 »

Scott,

You are certainly an expert at your craft. These new features are fantastic and worth every penny of the upgrade price. Hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday and keep up the great work!

Tony

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Merry Christmas and coming soon from A2A

Post by Chunk »

Scott,

Can you comment on how the turbulence effect will work with the dynamic head movement/turbulence effect in OpusFSX?

I've seen some comments from others that are guessing on how it might work, but I'd like to hear the final word from you if possible.

Thanks,

Ron

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Chunk wrote:Scott,

Can you comment on how the turbulence effect will work with the dynamic head movement/turbulence effect in OpusFSX?

I've seen some comments from others that are guessing on how it might work, but I'd like to hear the final word from you if possible.

Thanks,

Ron
Accu:feel doesnt model head movement,....

...it does do aircraft movement though, this is why its separate from all FSX files and works alongside pretty much all other programs, as most others model head (Camera) movement of the pilot. It could in fact be argued for for the most immersive time you might want one of the head movement mods alongside Accu:feel so you have as you would in real life the dynamic but separate relationship between vehicle movement and the movement of the head :wink:

Accu:Feel has been tested with numerous addons and works to enhance or work alongside others, at times where customers see it conflicting (re: sounds etc) you can easily turn those parts off in Accu:Feel.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”