PREPAR3D?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Re: PREPAR3D?

Post by CharlieP51 »

OK Darryl..I hope that is spelled corrrectly. Any previous spelling error was accidental. Back on topic.-ok? From P3D forums and posts from P3D software engineer(s) there is 'not much difference' in rendering processing between FSX and P3D when configured similarly.
SO..when I see posts how much smoother, no tweaking, better graphics, better 'feel' etc etc..I am STILL unable to find any supporting DATA to back-up these user-based claims. The P3D coders say 'not much difference' Comparitive screenshots I've seen show no difference to my eyes. SO..since P3D software engineers say 'not much difference' and I see 'not much difference' in comparative unsolicited screenshots posted by others to 'show' how great P3D is..I am very skeptical..no DATA and nothing more than SUBJECTIVE opinions by users (customers). I must conclude there is no provable or measurable difference between P3D and FSX performance. I ALREADY purchased P3D and it is still not yet installed. No logical or reasonable reason to do so.

I am happy for those that seem to feel it is better or have less issues with it than FSX on thier box, at thier home, with thier level of PC/FSX knowledge. NOT good enough..no DATA..just subjective customer opinions amd look-a-like sceen shots. If they are happy..cool. No problemo..

Soapbox mode OFF..no offense meant ..any taken.. I regret.

Happy SKIES to ALL
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Sooooo. you want data but not from customers who use it because it subjective and favorable. You've seen screenshot but you can not see the smoothness difference in them mainly because its a screenshot and you can only experience smoothness by using the software. Software you have but for reasons unknown have not installed to get the data you so seek. Interesting.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

CharlieP51 wrote:OK Darryl..I hope that is spelled corrrectly. Any previous spelling error was accidental. Back on topic.-ok? From P3D forums and posts from P3D software engineer(s) there is 'not much difference' in rendering processing between FSX and P3D when configured similarly.
SO..when I see posts how much smoother, no tweaking, better graphics, better 'feel' etc etc..I am STILL unable to find any supporting DATA to back-up these user-based claims. The P3D coders say 'not much difference' Comparitive screenshots I've seen show no difference to my eyes. SO..since P3D software engineers say 'not much difference' and I see 'not much difference' in comparative unsolicited screenshots posted by others to 'show' how great P3D is..I am very skeptical..no DATA and nothing more than SUBJECTIVE opinions by users (customers). I must conclude there is no provable or measurable difference between P3D and FSX performance. I ALREADY purchased P3D and it is still not yet installed. No logical or reasonable reason to do so.

I am happy for those that seem to feel it is better or have less issues with it than FSX on thier box, at thier home, with thier level of PC/FSX knowledge. NOT good enough..no DATA..just subjective customer opinions amd look-a-like sceen shots. If they are happy..cool. No problemo..

Soapbox mode OFF..no offense meant ..any taken.. I regret.

Happy SKIES to ALL
I gotta say Charlie, but I didn't discover A2A based on any "data"... I read subjective customer opinions and looked at lots of screenshots and decided to risk my money with A2A. Turns out that was a good decision, but I didn't know how well A2A's planes would perform on my system until I tried it.

Btw, I don't have P3D, have not tried it, and have no intention of trying it in the foreseeable future. Like you I am satisfied enough with my FSX to hold me over, for now at least!

Cheers!

Joe
Joe

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

Kilstorm wrote:Sooooo. you want data but not from customers who use it because it subjective and favorable. You've seen screenshot but you can not see the smoothness difference in them mainly because its a screenshot and you can only experience smoothness by using the software. Software you have but for reasons unknown have not installed to get the data you so seek. Interesting.
C'mon Darryl..I want DATA that indicates there is something substantially different, verifiable,or changed between FSX and P3D..no need to restate my aims inaccurately. OK? The P3D software engineers claim "not much difference' between FSX and P3D..<-- for me, from that kind of true expert source, trumps any and all sceenshots, and new P3D customer honeymoon review 'oohs and ahhs'..What have you got to top that old timer?

Look here ==>> http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... opic&t=393
What say ye NOW? Yeah I have P3D..BUT no logical or reasonable incentive to install it.

Happy SKIES to ALL

NOTE: I believe what some P3D newcomers have is a HOSED (messed-up) FSX installation (self-induced) and so they do a new P3D install AND VOILA' EVERYTHING IS -ok- NOW. nope..NOT SO..I FURTHER SUBMIT A FRESH FSX install would have yielded a very similar 'Oh Wow' experience. <- It's Human Nature.
Last edited by CharlieP51 on 30 Nov 2012, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

C'mon Darryl
Kilstorm != Killratio :wink:

What say ye NOW? Yeah I have P3D..BUT no logical or reasonable incentive to install it.
I can't really follow you: you do not trust people who say from personal experience(!) that P3D feels smoother. So what?
Then leave it uninstalled and be happy with FSX. Where is the problem?
I think no one is forcing you to install it ...

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

guenseli wrote:
C'mon Darryl
Kilstorm != Killratio :wink:

I can't really follow you: you do not trust people who say from personal experience(!) that P3D feels smoother. So what?
Then leave it uninstalled and be happy with FSX. Where is the problem?
I think no one is forcing you to install it ...
Correct a' Mundo my friend.I am drawing attention to the eroneous (totally wrong and unverifiable claims) that P3D is better or even different in any real; and provable way. I have no issues with my FSX.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... opic&t=393 <-- read it on the p3d Forums..no difference in performance ..according to P3D software engineers. if they are happy but DELUDED it's OK by me..their loss.

ImageImage
Image Image

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

.I am drawing attention to the eroneous (totally wrong and unverifiable claims)
These claims are not erroneous or totally wrong - this are experiences from people who tried it out.
At least I have stated, that for my opinion P3D is smoother.
So, this is my experience. All you could say here, that you have an other experience (you do not have) or you doubt it for whatever reasons you have. But you couldn't say that everything we say here is "totally wrong".

I don't understand your crusade against P3D. Why not simply ignore it?
I will do the same with this thread now ... :wink:

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

guenseli wrote: I don't understand your crusade against P3D. Why not simply ignore it?
Yep Guenter,

When someone can't even keep track of WHO they are quoting , I'll be doing the same. I love the "Foe...ignore user" button.
:lol:

I'm not interested in arguing with someone who HAS the software and won't even install it but STILL choses deny other's DIRECT experience. If you want data mate, install the thing and get it yourself. Any man who spends money on software he is not interested in even installing...well.....

For anyone who WANTS to try P3D, if you feel like it, try it. I'm not telling anybody to "buy it it's great"...I'm just relaying my SUBJECTIVE experience as one who flys both FSX and P3D testing A2A aircraft almost every day and comparing the two directly.

Darryl
(who is Killratio, not ANYBODY else on this forum)
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

budmorgan
Staff Sergeant

Post by budmorgan »

I'm kinda shocked that one participant in this thread has his panties in a bunch over this. Very atypical conversation on these boards. I've seen heated discussion over technical details of actual aircraft, procedures, NTSB reports, etc.... But nothing this silly.

Regarding P3D: I don't own it now, but I can see it evolving from its current state into the natural successor to FSX. I think the question will be timing. I feel FSX is starting to peak... 7 years after release... 7 years from now who knows... I'd hate to see the top developers have to start from scratch and play catch up.

Now if we could only figure out a way to make my computer room smell like jet-A without my special lady having a conniption...

Cheers!

Bud
Buddy Morgan

ImageImageImage

i5 2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro - G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB - EVGA GTX 570 Fermi

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

guenseli wrote:
.I am drawing attention to the eroneous (totally wrong and unverifiable claims)
These claims are not erroneous or totally wrong - this are experiences from people who tried it out.
At least I have stated, that for my opinion P3D is smoother.
So, this is my experience. All you could say here, that you have an other experience (you do not have) or you doubt it for whatever reasons you have. But you couldn't say that everything we say here is "totally wrong".

I don't understand your crusade against P3D. Why not simply ignore it?
People's experiences are SUBJECTIVE..not data driven..OPINION driven..not dishonest, which i never said, they are opinons and cannot be proven to be based on anything other than how someone feels at a given time. Personally for me, 50 million opinions are still just that, opinions...I insist on hard data..nbot human feelings when I look at issues. I am so sorry if others have to resort to sarcasm ('wadded panties') becaus my panties are none of your business!! OK boys..bye bye...evidently in your myopic world the P3D software engineer is wrong because someone somewhere 'feels'' differently..oh yeah thaT'S JUST SO SWELL not. "Facts are stubborn things" but you guys avoid facts and ridicule facts..not me.

ImageImage
Image Image

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

budmorgan wrote:Now if we could only figure out a way to make my computer room smell like jet-A without my special lady having a conniption...
Yup, if I could only get the fuel/smoke/air show smell to function with my A2A birds I'll be set!

Joe
Joe

budmorgan
Staff Sergeant

Post by budmorgan »

Good grief. It was a figure of speech. Have a drink, go to a feminist rally, watch Rachel Maddow for an hour... Whatever it takes to come down off the cliff... And your high horse.

Cheers!

Bud
Buddy Morgan

ImageImageImage

budmorgan
Staff Sergeant

Post by budmorgan »

JoeS475 wrote:
budmorgan wrote:Now if we could only figure out a way to make my computer room smell like jet-A without my special lady having a conniption...
Yup, if I could only get the fuel/smoke/air show smell to function with my A2A birds I'll be set!

Joe
Wouldn't that be amazing? I'd have to get the special lady a PA system to announce all my maneuvers... Btw good to "see" ya Joe... I've been pulling 60-80 hr weeks as of late...

Cheers!

Bud
Buddy Morgan

ImageImageImage

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

budmorgan wrote:
JoeS475 wrote:

Joe
Wouldn't that be amazing? I'd have to get the special lady a PA system to announce all my maneuvers... Btw good to "see" ya Joe... I've been pulling 60-80 hr weeks as of late...

Cheers!

Bud
Ouch, that's up to 16 hour days! I'm still looking for a new career, and feel (am) lazy doing it! I hope you are well my friend!

Joe
Joe

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Panties in a bunch!!

Post by Fragmentum »

Speaking of which...

i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”