Please Make Rarebear

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Rarebear

Please Make Rarebear

Post by Rarebear »

PLEASE MAKE THIS AIRPLANE A2A!! http://www.lewisairlegends.com/aircraft/rare-bear

I know I know, Probably wont happen but I tell ya I have dreams about flying this in my fsx LOL.

But seriously, How many A2A customers would buy something like this? Comment below if you would buy it or not.

JDW

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Re: Please Make Rarebear

Post by Buzz313th »

Personally, I would buy any race prepped accusim bird.
Buzz313th
FASA Founder and dedicated Staff Member
TeamSpeak 3 @ "ts3.digitalthemepark.com"
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FsxAirSportsAssociation
Website @ http://www.fsxairsports.com

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

I'd buy it.
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

I would not. Modified racer aircraft don't do anything for me, however if it was released as part of an F8F Bearcat package including standard operational models, I'd be interested.

Joe
Joe

Rarebear

Post by Rarebear »

IMHO If it was released with an f8f package it would be completely half hacked model. This would have to be a complete model all in itself and flies nothing like the original or so I have heard from other pilots.

So many systems they could do with this aircraft and even include some cool telemetry that the race team uses during the races.

I am not sure why it wouldn't attract attention, Who doesn't like to go low and fast? AND A2A REALISM!!!

JDW

Rarebear

Post by Rarebear »

Buzz313th wrote:Personally, I would buy any race prepped accusim bird.

Agree 100%

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Not to be too down on this but understand that if A2A Accusim'd RareBear that they'd be investing a TON of new programming resources to handle not only the radically modified prop but also the boiloff cooling system, something not normal to a radial engined aircraft. The only thing RareBear has with any other airplane is that the base engine is the same hybrid from Anderson Airmotive as the ones used on FiFi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

I would be in favor of the Accusimming of a Hawker Sea Fury or a Grumman F8F Bearcat, but the sole Accusimming of an aircraft as an air racer that is one-off, and in many senses, obscure, is a waste of resources. If they did something to the Mustang to make it like Strega or Precious Metal, it would be fun, and closer to the actual plane and engines. I'd like the latter,Precious Metal, because the Rolls Royce Griffon leads to a bigger Spitfire! :mrgreen:

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Precious Metal's Griffon and prop are even more heavily modified than RareBear's, so you're being a bit hypocritical.

And the only thing Strega has in common with a P-51 is the dataplate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

JoeS475 wrote:I would not. Modified racer aircraft don't do anything for me,
Joe
+1 ,not intersted in racers or aerobatic aircraft at all.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

Dominique wrote:
JoeS475 wrote:I would not. Modified racer aircraft don't do anything for me,
Joe
+1 ,not intersted in racers or aerobatic aircraft at all.

If you ever get a chance to take an Acro demo ride, it might change your mind, that is if your not prone to motion sickness.

Personally, I'm on the opposite side of the fence. I find point to point flying in the sim as borring as watching paint dry. Now throw in an IMC non precision approach with a timed MAP or an ILS approach down to minimums and you will keep my attention for the duration of the instrument procedure. Shortly after, gimme a good group of like minded people a MP server, pylons, high g's, high speed and maybe a Competition Aerobatic Box and I'm happy all day.

Speaking of which, I would love to see A2A make an Acro aircraft that has proper flight dynamics throughout it's Acro envelope.
Buzz313th

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

I'd be totally for an Accusimmed aerobatic biplane, like the Pitts S2, that would be a blast!

oakfloor
Senior Airman

Post by oakfloor »

Actually, I would just love to whats in the pipeline..

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

pjc747 wrote:I'd be totally for an Accusimmed aerobatic biplane, like the Pitts S2, that would be a blast!

Yeah, I agree.

I have purchased every single FSX Aerobatic aircraft known to man and so far there is not one of them that has got it all together. After talking to a developer freind, I realize that simulating all of the flight characteristics of aerobatic flight (Mostly departure characteristics and roll response to control input) might actually be impossible in FSX. But I do believe, although I may be wrong, that A2A can externally control aircraft attitude.

Just FYI... And kudos to A2A for somehow being able to do this... But I have found that the Accu-Sim Stang, is the only addon I have ever simmed that can execute a correct competition tailslide, giving it the ability to pitch over onto the "Downline" after the aircraft starts to establish backwards flight. If the Stang or any other FSX addon was capable of inverting control input upon initiation of backward flight, then one could actually condition Muscle Memory to practice the real maneuver. I do believe that since FSX flight dynamics are table based, it would be impossible to invert control input upon a coded trigger. Unfortunately, the Stang is too heavy and too fast to work within the competition Aero Box. So I will keep my hopes up that a company such as A2A that has the technical knowledge and integrity to make things "Right Before Release" will step up and give us something like this in the future...

Wow, I know I can be quite verbose, so I appologise ahead of time.

:)
Buzz313th

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Accufeel with the Alabeo Pitts S2S makes it a pretty nice package. I've only been able to achieve a perfect hammerhead in the Accusim Spitfire and Mustang, it seems impossible in the others. I've noticed even with decently modeled F-22's and Sukhoi S-27, I can never properly execute the Pugachev's Cobra, which has been a goal of mine for quite a long time. In a Sean Tucker airshow, you'll see him 'waving' to the crowd at the end of the performance as his plane does a tailslide, and he wiggles all the surfaces; I don't know whether this is possible with something liek Accusim, or an inability of FSX. I guess we need A2A to make a Pitts (or Sean Tucker's Challenger III) to find out!

Pugachev's Cobra

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”