Shockwave B-29

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
SkyHawk024
Airman First Class

Shockwave B-29

Post by SkyHawk024 »

Is it just me or does anyone else here remember the Shockwave B-29 Superfortress? If so does anyone agree with me that it would make a good candidate for A2A to bring back one of there earlier products and improve upon it?

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Shockwave B-29

Post by JoeS475 »

I'm in full agreement! Plus, with all the work done on the B377 - there must be some solid crossover there. My fingers are crossed, but whatever is next wil be amazing!

Joe
Joe

SkyHawk024
Airman First Class

Post by SkyHawk024 »

Not to even mention but the Shockwave B-29 is the best B-29 out to date!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Well Scott and them were working closely with a group of people involved in restoring a C-97 (military cargo variant of the Stratocruiser)... I think it would not be so much of a stretch to say at some point we will see a C-97 add on, and that lays a good basis for the B-29 as well. Time will tell. Almost seems as if they are done with the piston engined birds, and on to the turbo jets. Although I do remember something mentioned about a BF or ME-109... However you never know what they have up their sleeve.

As a side note I do have the old B-29 in a pack I got from Gamestop. It has a ton of stuff from when they were Shockwave as you mention. Some Heinkel birds, the B-29, and as a bonus the original P-51 Mustang was ported from 2004 for that pack. Was one of the best purchases for FSX I ever made then. All these years later though they are obviously showing their age.... Although one question for Scott is why was there a Go-229 on the box cover, and no Go-229 contained in it. Not really a complaint, but all these years later was just a curiosity. It was a bird I was really hoping was in there, but I would up getting one from Sky Unlimited eventually. To think here we are with Accu-sim all these years later. Who would of thought?
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

SkyHawk024
Airman First Class

Post by SkyHawk024 »

I know right the only place you can purchase the pack for the b-29 anymore is on ebay and i think there even running low but alas i hope scott will see this one day and leave a spirit lifting comment but until then ill make do with the rest of my buds that have it!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Roadburner426 wrote:why was there a Go-229 on the box cover, and no Go-229 contained in it. Not really a complaint, but all these years later was just a curiosity.
The original product that included the B-29 was for FS9 only and was titled WWII Heavy Bombers & Jets. As I recall it was Shockwave Productions-now-A2A's first brick and mortar store product for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The box looked like this:

Heavy Bombers & Jets was released at about the same time as, or shortly after, Shockwave Productions-now-A2A's breakout product, the FirePower expansion for Combat Flight Simulator 3. FirePower had twice as many flyable aircraft as HB&J, with the additional aircraft in FirePower mostly late war and next-gen Luftwaffe fighters. The FirePower box looked like this:

The original Heavy Bombers & Jets product became very difficult to find (I think it went out of print), and within only a couple years after its release it was going for $70-80 on Amazon.com! But then, about the same time that FSX and WWII Fighters were released, the older HB&J and FirePower products were re-released on one DVD titled Aircraft Power Pack. As I described, the DVD was actually two separate expansions, one for FS9/FSX and the other for CFS3. APP also included the Wings of Power II P-51D. The Gotha on the cover represented the CFS3 expansion. This is the DVD cover:
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

I will second that....We can use a good FSX version.......

On another note......
I think its a disgrace the way the U.S. bowed to the Japanesse about displaying the Enola Gay.
At least now we can see her as she was meant to be seen....Not hidden and dismanteled in a hanger, the way she was for so many years....

SkyHawk024
Airman First Class

Post by SkyHawk024 »

this b-29 pictured is the shockwave b-29 on my fsx it comes in a package i just wish they would bring it back to improve on it!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

The Heavy Bombers and Jets add on came out several months after the first Firepower add on.
I remember why because I showed my father the Firepower add on running on my PC and my dad passed away about two months or so before the WOP Heavy Bombers and Jets add on (box retail) came out in 2004.
It was quite a big painful shock losing him at the time.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

JJB17463rdBombGroup wrote:The Heavy Bombers and Jets add on came out several months after the first Firepower add on.
I remember why because I showed my father the Firepower add on running on my PC and my dad passed away about two months or so before the WOP Heavy Bombers and Jets add on (box retail) came out in 2004.
You must be a VERY proud son! Thanks so much for sharing his history with us.
i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

SkyHawk024
Airman First Class

Post by SkyHawk024 »

yeah
Last edited by SkyHawk024 on 11 Apr 2013, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Fragmentum wrote:
JJB17463rdBombGroup wrote:The Heavy Bombers and Jets add on came out several months after the first Firepower add on.
Thank you that was a nice thing to say.Anyway I looked back at previous posts and it looks like I obtained the WOP Heavy Bombers and Jets retail box when it was first released sometime in late Sept 2004.
It might have been available on the East Coast of the U.S. perhaps earlier though.Firepower I think came out in May of 2004.Anyway I am on the first page of the members list so I signed up very early here on the forum.My dad passed away in the month of July of 2004.Hard to believe I've been here 8 years.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

JJB17463rdBombGroup wrote:
Fragmentum wrote:
Thank you that was a nice thing to say.Anyway I looked back at previous posts and it looks like I obtained the WOP Heavy Bombers and Jets retail box when it was first released sometime in late Sept 2004.
It might have been available on the East Coast of the U.S. perhaps earlier though.Firepower I think came out in May of 2004.Anyway I am on the first page of the members list so I signed up very early here on the forum.My dad passed away in the month of July of 2004.Hard to believe I've been here 8 years.
My how time fly's (no pun intended, really....). Yes, indeed, we both have been here awhile when you consider the forum was born Feb 11, 2004. I joined Jan 2005. I wish I was into the heavy prop birds back then but to have an Accu-sim B-29 would be VERY special indeed!!!
i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

bedrat2
Airman

Post by bedrat2 »

I'm in total agreement, the B-29 bomber is one of my all time favorites next to the B-17 and to be honest all the hard work has been done by the Boeing 377 accu-sim you could either go with the B-50 variant which is almost identical to the 377 or you could change the engines and have a B-29. I remember buying the Aircraft Powerpack for FSX and being able to use some of the planes in CF3, I would love for A2A to bring it back.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SkyHawk024
Airman First Class

Post by SkyHawk024 »

thats why i started this little forum post!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”