Shockwave B-29

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Shockwave B-29

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Even if they did bring back the B-29, it would need Accusim to be of interest to me. :)

Royale_Adio
Senior Airman

Post by Royale_Adio »

Scott once told me that they got one, but it's on ice...

What they COULD do though is a B-50. Very similar to the stratocruiser and with the same engines, meaning very little change to the Accu-sim module.

In other words, keep the Accu-sim module but change the visual model of the aircraft.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

For anyone who's interested, here's a picture I took of Fifi just last week, in Reading, PA... This is my personal cry for A2A to bring us an Accu-simmed B-29! Please!!! Please?

While I acknowledge A2A likes to move forward with their engineering, as I said before there must be a significant amount of overlap with the Stratocruiser...

Joe
Joe

Royale_Adio
Senior Airman

Post by Royale_Adio »

Ohh please Scott, just say "eventually"...

The 91st BG could definitely expand into doing pacific bombings with an Accu-simmed B-29.

Phantom of the Ruhr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Phantom of the Ruhr »

Joe, i thought that was a screenshot when i first saw it. What company makes THAT..i want it NOW :)
POTR
"Only birds and fools fly and even the birds don't fly at night"

SkyHawk024
Airman First Class

Post by SkyHawk024 »

id agree the b-29 needs to be accusimmed and need a full vc including the radio and engineer seats maybe even the navigators as well the shockwave is just the pilot copilot and bombardier seat and thats all of the vc really!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

I guess no news is good news, Scott hasn't said no yet. :lol:

SkyHawk024
Airman First Class

Post by SkyHawk024 »

well heres the way i see it a b-50 is more of newer plane in general from a b-29 and to top that off there are more b-50's around to model the plane with and there all on display at museums my point is that a b-29 would a be a delight due to the fact there are two fully equiped aircraft left the enola gay and the world renowned last flying b-29 FiFi and a third one doc which is currently under restoration which in conclusion makes a b-29 a more rare aircraft thats why not many people have modeled or even attempted to make a b-29 superfortress for fsx
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

SkyHawk024
Airman First Class

Post by SkyHawk024 »

So since this is pretty much a dead topic now let me restate that i am trying to convince A2A to remake one of the older products and make it up to date and probably even better they made it for a pack originally and they need to bring it back as a single plane and upgrade it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

SkyHawk024 wrote:So since this is pretty much a dead topic now let me restate that i am trying to convince A2A to remake one of the older products and make it up to date and probably even better they made it for a pack originally and they need to bring it back as a single plane and upgrade it.
You just keep on restating it - I'd love a B-29 too, as long as it was a new external model.

Colofalcon
Airman First Class

Post by Colofalcon »

I couldn't agree more....I love the B-17 (though I wish we could shut the crew chatter off sometimes), I love the P-51, but I really like HEAVY METAL in FSX. The B-29 would be outstanding, because it's a great handful of airplane, and you could do so many repaints:

- WWII
- Post war (RAF Washington)
- Korea
- SAC
- Specialized Postwar variants (WB-29, SB-29, etc)

I also would love to see a B-50, but I can understand that the appeal might be less than the B-29....

Kent

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

Im all for a B-29 Super......
IDEA FOR AIRPORT.....30 B-29 on the tarmac.....HINT-HINT-HINT.... :mrgreen:

SkyHawk024
Airman First Class

Post by SkyHawk024 »

thank you for agreeing and yes the b-29 did have a very extensive service record and to top that off a new external model would be nice FiFi isn't grey like the picture she is polished aluminum and it would be nice to see her shimmer.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Skyhawk thats a photo of FiFi not just a picture :wink:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: Re: Shockwave B-29

Post by CAPFlyer »

SkyHawk024 wrote:...FiFi isn't grey like the picture she is polished aluminium...
Not sure where that info came from, but Fifi has never been polished aluminum, not even in active service. For a short time after the CAF first restored her, she had a bare metal & black bottom scheme but this was quickly replaced by a fully painted black bottom and gray top due to corrosion found. When repainted in the early 90's, they painted her all gray, again due to surface corrosion and pitting. That is the scheme you see today with the exception of the name and a few other markings being redone in blue during her last down time instead of black because Boeing got mixed up when they did the repaint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”