A Tribute to the "Tuskegee Airmen"

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
gibo
Senior Airman

A Tribute to the "Tuskegee Airmen"

Post by gibo »

I made this video featuring the Accusim B17 and P47. There are 180 aircraft in the air together.

I apologise because I misspelt "Tuskegee" but have re rendered the video and will re-upload to You Tube.

Turn the sound up and watch in HD. :D

http://youtu.be/K7VW2c0-72E?hd=1

Cheers,

Norm

Air_Wolf
Senior Airman

Re: A Tribute to the "Tuskegee Airmen"

Post by Air_Wolf »

gibo wrote:I made this video featuring the Accusim B17 and P47. There are 180 aircraft in the air together.

I apologise because I misspelt "Tuskegee" but have re rendered the video and will re-upload to You Tube.

Turn the sound up and watch in HD. :D

http://youtu.be/K7VW2c0-72E?hd=1

Cheers,

Norm

You spelt it correctly " Tuskegee "...

As " Air Boss " for the " Virtaul Tuskegee Airmen " nice video ..our site is " www.virtualtuskegeeairmen.com " its newly formed and still some work to be done..looking for members to do Aerobatic's with FSX and the New DCS-P-51D Mustang once is comes out..along with some dogfighting action...

Cheers..

gibo
Senior Airman

Post by gibo »

This is Version 2. I didn't like the intro, so 1 minute changed with more P47s and "Tuskegee" spelt correctly in the video

http://youtu.be/0n0_e3ILqtE?hd=1

Cheers,

Norm

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Post by mountainhighair »

That is hands down one of the most impressive video works I've ever seen. Glad to see some red tail 47s! I have done a few Tuskegee Mustang paints, but few seem to realize how many other aircraft they flew. Thank you and very well done!

John

gibo
Senior Airman

Post by gibo »

mountainhighair wrote:That is hands down one of the most impressive video works I've ever seen. Glad to see some red tail 47s! I have done a few Tuskegee Mustang paints, but few seem to realize how many other aircraft they flew. Thank you and very well done!

John
I am glad you liked the video John. After some research for the video I noticed the P40's that they flew as well. What a great outfit they were.

For the video I could only find 1 repaint for each aircraft thus the repetition. I have all the flights saved so that after the P51 is released I can re-make with the P51.

I may try how many B-17's I can put together in a screenshot. In the video there are 162.

Cheers,

Norm

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

There was 1 red tail paint included with the package, but it would have been relatively easy to make a few more. Maybe for a next roject? I noticed most B-17's are the same paint too? Nice to see it at least was a MTO version.
Very mpressive how you get so many flying in your sim, mine baulked a five. My one criticism would be that the P-47's all look glued together, their movements are all exactly the same, or am I mistaken? In reality I'd expect a bit more variation. But a great job!
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

vmx12
Airman

Post by vmx12 »

Hi Jankees,

I am trying to install yourt set of Tuskegee airmen textures, but am having trouble. (I know how to install textures and have been doing so for years, but your directions that state we need ot create a model.1 and chnage the line in the model.cfg are where I'm going wrong perhaps. When start up FSX, all I get is a question mark where the "tusk88" P-51 should b,e but it won't display.

You say to create a copy of the model folder and rename it model.1, changing one of the lines in the model.cfg. I did this, pasted in the accompanying text into the Aircraft.cfg, with the 'model' line having a '1' after the = sign. It still doesn't work.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you!

VMX12

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”