Accu-Sim P-40 on final

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim P-40 on final

Post by Roadburner426 »

Phantom88 wrote:OK,I think I've set some sort of a record on how often I've been checking the forums. :D
You and me both. Isn't this how it always ends though? :lol: Thankfully we just get notice a week before hand now. So Scott spares us from checking the forums every minute for much longer periods of time. Thanks for filling us in though Scott. Guess I will earmark Sunday then. Would ask for a little teaser, but don't want to hold release up so I will wait patiently.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

Scott has given me the OK to post some screenshots of the new P-40 to whet your appetite. This particular P-40B represents the aircraft flown by 2nd Lt. Ken Taylor on Dec 7th 1941. Some sources list his P-40B that day as buzz number 316, but research has shown the number to be most likely 155. Other sources even state his P-40B as having no buzz number at all. I elected to go with 155 because most research points to that, and well, I like it the most :)

I took these using enbseries (freeware) for FSX which adds some image sharpening and extra HDR effects. I also have Shade (payware) installed which gives a much more dramatic shadow effect. Apart from these in game effects there has been no post screensot photoshoping. Sorry for the large size for those on smaller monitors.

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

Looking great!!! Can't wait for it to be released!! :mrgreen:
Lukas
ImageImage

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

New keyboard required. Dribble overflow error.

Ian P.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Are you using the shade program?

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

pjc747 wrote:Are you using the shade program?
Yes, I stated that in my post... you just looked at the pictures didn't you?

I'll take that as a good sign :)

crashaz
Airman Basic

Post by crashaz »

Wow!! Taylor's plane too boot!! My new flyover testing vehicle over PHP scenery!! :D

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

I just bought shade and installed it and went through the steps. I don't see a difference. I used their pre-set themes but no joy. I need to play with it some more. I'm hoping I didn't blow 10 bucks because what I saw on the website looks awesome. I'd like to have it working for the P-40 when it comes out. It looks so amazing!
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

flyboy4612 wrote:I just bought shade and installed it and went through the steps. I don't see a difference. I used their pre-set themes but no joy. I need to play with it some more. I'm hoping I didn't blow 10 bucks because what I saw on the website looks awesome. I'd like to have it working for the P-40 when it comes out. It looks so amazing!
Shade increases contrast. Differences are very subtle, but it's clearly visible when you compare screenshots with Shade on and off. I use Winter Chills preset for all days, this one works for me the best.

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

I got it working. Looks great when it's on. Nice litlte addon for 10 bucks. Now, bring on the P-40! :mrgreen:
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

crashaz
Airman Basic

Post by crashaz »

Bring it on! First repaint I am going to request from Jan Kees is Welch's plane.... Can't have Taylor without Welch! :D

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

:D Well with Mister Taylor heading out to the airfield with Rachel Welch :P .... i mean George :) .... yeah yeah watching ToraX3 again :shock: but it is 10 past 10 about ready for the attack , first there is the INTERMISSION! :roll:

Phantom88
Senior Airman

Post by Phantom88 »

I've heard the term "AirPlane P%^n" before and never really understood it......until now :D
Thank You very much! :D

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Just a little update:

We have been really working hard on the feel of flight and engine physics for this release. This plane has much of the same feedback from our J3 Cub - you can really feel it flying through the air. Also, considering this plane has no safeties, you can push it hard at lower altitudes. We are seeing as much as 70" manifold pressure (over 1,700hp) internally at full throttle (the gauge only shows up to 50"). So the engine and airframe have to speak to you more.

We also were finally able to use all those sound sources from our P-40 research trip a few years back for the Accu-Sim version.

We just submitted a release candidate to testers, so we need to let the team chew on this for a while. I just want to point out, in the event some don't realize, we always do extensive testing and our goal is to always release a product that is hassle-free and 100% complete on day one. So I apologize for not reaching our goal to have it done this week. We're looking now to next week. I know it will be well worth the wait.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Post by Krycekuk »

Arclight wrote:So I've been contemplating on waiting for the P-51 till I spend some of my 'hard earned' student loan on anything else for FSX.

Now that I've seen these new pics...well...that's well out the window. Not to mention the urge (or the utmost need) to have the Spitfire as well, I may have to go without food for several days in the new year so I can justify the cost. :lol:

By the way, hello everyone. Long time stalker of the forums/user of A2A aircraft, thought today was a good enough day to come out of hiding. 8)

Alec
Welcome to the forums Alec.

I was going to purchase a couple of the FTX airports that are on sale at the moment but that has gone out the window. At first I wasn't bothered about the P-40 at all but all that Accu-Sim plus the chance to try out an Allison then the final video showing off the new features tipped me over the edge. Hope to be flying this new addition to my full Accu-Sim hanger over the coming week :)
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb M2 for MSFS
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 2070 Super
TrackIR 5, Honeycomb controls, Saitek panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”