Which Classic aircraft should A2A make?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.

What classic aircraft should A2A add to their wings of silver/power hangar???

Poll ended at 11 Mar 2011, 11:31

Spartan Executive
29%
Boeing 317 Stratoliner
16%
Beech Staggerwing
13%
Grumman F8F Bearcat
42%

Total votes: 38

Pooch
Airman Basic

Re: Which Classic aircraft should A2A make?

Post by Pooch »

The Invader! The A-26 Invader. Can't imagine why no onee has done this airplane.

Pooch
Airman Basic

Post by Pooch »

The Invader! The A-26 Invader. Can't imagine why no onee has done this airplane.

fentonflyer
Airman

Post by fentonflyer »

JJB17463rdBombGroup wrote: I agree but sadly there are no air worthy de Havilland Mosquito's flying today although there are some plans to restore a few to that condition.So of those 3 only the Lancaster or Hurricane could possibly have the accu-sim treatment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilla ... #Survivors
This is more what your looking for, should be one flying this year or next!

http://www.warbirdrestoration.co.nz/mossie_nov10.html

Adam :D

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

I would really love to see a GA aircraft with Accusim to explore my OrbX lands.
The Cub is good of course, but it's too slow and too simple. I wish I had a "normal" GA aircraft to replace my P-47 when I fly at small airfields.

The Executive would be neat indeed, I love this plane. But I would appreciate an amphibian as well.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Amphibians are very fun. But a Spartan would be very awesome. It is as fast as a Baron, with the simplicity of a single, with an awesome radial engine, good looks, and fits within A2A's time period. The Spartan would be my main flyer, and I would have to mothball my Baron. With their high-end artifical intelligence, A2A could program a VIP passenger in the Spartan, like Heidi, but much more important. Lets hope dreams become a reality.

Sayuuk
Airman First Class

Post by Sayuuk »

pjc747 wrote:Amphibians are very fun. But a Spartan would be very awesome. It is as fast as a Baron, with the simplicity of a single, with an awesome radial engine, good looks, and fits within A2A's time period. The Spartan would be my main flyer, and I would have to mothball my Baron. With their high-end artifical intelligence, A2A could program a VIP passenger in the Spartan, like Heidi, but much more important. Lets hope dreams become a reality.
The Spartan is really growing on me... I just love chrome =P

What I'd like is a version (in addition to a stock one) with some added navigational gauges, blended in with the oldschool styling...

What I'm really lacking until now is some old plane that is fully/realistically flyable online, with at least IFR guidance. GPS would be a NoGo of course, but some old looking VOR indicators with matching frequency-selectors would make for an awesome mix of realistic engine-management, sound and flair combined with a cockpit that could be used by people today who want to fly an oldtimer on a regular basis.
ImageImage

R4360
Airman
Location: Greenwich, Greater London, United Kingdoms of Great Britain and North Ireland.

Post by R4360 »

The Spartan tends to be liked by most everyone after awhile. However, its not a spore so its not actually growing on you!

HAROLD SCHECKEL JR
Airman First Class

Post by HAROLD SCHECKEL JR »

Have you tried Milton Shupes freeware Spartan Executve? It's pretty nice. Also while visiting his site I found that he's well along on a XP-47J.

Harold

Pac
Airman First Class
Location: On your B-17s wing.....putting a vice grip on your fuel line.

Post by Pac »

Im pretty sure the 307 is just the b-17's wings with a diffrent fueslage. So it cant be too difficult to accu-sim it. With a couple tweaks, it could be very close to the real accu-sim. But it will never be the real accusim for it because if the diffrent flight charcteristics. I would buy it if it had an extension of the B-17 accusim, since they are so well related.
Image ImageImage
Cross your eyes for a 3-D effect.

Ryan B.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

The Boeing 307 (my typo actually 317) is indeed a civilian B-17, different fuselage, fixed tailwheel, and subtle other features. R4360, you should try Milton's Spartan. I have it, and fly it sometimes, but it isn't nearly as good as what A2A could do, or most nay payware for that matter. I'd hope Carenado or A2A does one.

CALJet
Airman Basic

Post by CALJet »

I would love an Accusim version of the Lockheed L-188 Electra/P3 Orion. It was a beautiful little prop liner and freighter and was the basis for the various P3 orion variants. Although the Orion has some major structural differences, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to do the both the Electra and Orion in the same package. A2A would also have some room to play with avionics as there are moderns suites used by the military and the original 1960 setup.

Plus the Orion deserves some attention. Next year it will become the second aircraft to have 50 years of continual service with it's launch customer (the USN). The other plane would be the B52

Sayuuk
Airman First Class

Post by Sayuuk »

CALJet wrote:I would love an Accusim version of the Lockheed L-188 Electra/P3 Orion. It was a beautiful little prop liner and freighter and was the basis for the various P3 orion variants. Although the Orion has some major structural differences, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to do the both the Electra and Orion in the same package. A2A would also have some room to play with avionics as there are moderns suites used by the military and the original 1960 setup.

Plus the Orion deserves some attention. Next year it will become the second aircraft to have 50 years of continual service with it's launch customer (the USN). The other plane would be the B52
Interesting, never thought of the P3.

+1, if there are 2 versions ("old" and "semi-new") =P
ImageImage

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

The Boeing 247 was the first true modern airliner. It took design ques and lessons from the Boeing 221 Monomail who's only fault was not having a constant-speed propellor. The Boeing 247 inspired the Douglas DC-1 and following DC-2 and DC-3. Although not as popular, it lead the way for the future of air travel. I would love to see one of these for FSX, as well as one made by A2A Simulations and having an Accusim pack. There is one 247 currently airworthy, and flying and is owned by the Museum of Flight in The Seattle area. This would be a welcomed member to the realm of FSX.

Sayuuk
Airman First Class

Post by Sayuuk »

pjc747 wrote:The Boeing 247 was the first true modern airliner. It took design ques and lessons from the Boeing 221 Monomail who's only fault was not having a constant-speed propellor. The Boeing 247 inspired the Douglas DC-1 and following DC-2 and DC-3. Although not as popular, it lead the way for the future of air travel. I would love to see one of these for FSX, as well as one made by A2A Simulations and having an Accusim pack. There is one 247 currently airworthy, and flying and is owned by the Museum of Flight in The Seattle area. This would be a welcomed member to the realm of FSX.

That's even less complex... =(
ImageImage

seaniam81
Technical Sergeant

Post by seaniam81 »

Ummm how can the Boeing 247 inspire the DC-1 when the DC-1 flew within 6 months of the Boeing 247? Guess you can design and build a complex (at that time) aircraft in 6 months? Here's what really happend. A TWA Fokker Tri-Motor crashed because of wooden spars. FAA said all airliners need to be metal. Boeing designed the 247 for United. TWA asked Boeing for some 247 and they said no! not until the United order is finished. TWA said F* that! And made up some requirements for a new all metal tri-motor that could take off and land from any TWA airport. 5 companies submitted a bid, with Douglas' a twin engine that could out perform the 247.

The DC-1 proved its self and entered into production as the DC-2. Serving TWA, PAN-AM, and KLM. The DC-2 went on to place second in the MacRobertson Air Race, just behind a DH.88 designed and built for that race.

How about the Junkers Ju-52? Flew a year before the Boeing 247, originally powered by P&W Hornet engines, and could haul 17 passengers. 7 more then the 247.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”