Which Classic aircraft should A2A make?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.

What classic aircraft should A2A add to their wings of silver/power hangar???

Poll ended at 11 Mar 2011, 11:31

Spartan Executive
29%
Boeing 317 Stratoliner
16%
Beech Staggerwing
13%
Grumman F8F Bearcat
42%

Total votes: 38

Sayuuk
Airman First Class

Re: Which Classic aircraft should A2A make?

Post by Sayuuk »

Definitely the Stratoliner

=> B307, btw...

I think with all the latest releases and the coming ones being military, it is time for another awesome Propliner!!

I've always loved the sadly relatively unknown B307... the chrome... =P
ImageImage

R4360
Airman
Location: Greenwich, Greater London, United Kingdoms of Great Britain and North Ireland.

Post by R4360 »

Killratio, you must also beleive that Irina Shayk (and her cover of SPorts Illustrated Swimsuit) is a hag woman. You also probably imply that Bar Refaeli it comprable to a junebeetle. You are most definetly wrong.

R4360
Airman
Location: Greenwich, Greater London, United Kingdoms of Great Britain and North Ireland.

Post by R4360 »

I think that the 307 would be hard though, there is only one complete aircraft in exsitance, on static display by the smithsonian. No accusim pack could be created without an operational aircraft to view.

Rockitglider
Airman First Class

Post by Rockitglider »

jcblom wrote:none of the above, well, for me anyway.
+1

Rockitglider
Image Image

Sayuuk
Airman First Class

Post by Sayuuk »

R4360 wrote:I think that the 307 would be hard though, there is only one complete aircraft in exsitance, on static display by the smithsonian. No accusim pack could be created without an operational aircraft to view.
Yeah, that's what I just realized.

==> Vote change:

Super Constellation! =P
ImageImage

Erlk0enig
A2A Mechanic

Post by Erlk0enig »

Ah not for my taste, honestly.

Why make more flying sofas?

If you are into radials, why not make instead a classic like a Yak-52? It has a cool radial, is capable of aerobatics, many are flying around...
Best Regards,
Ralf

R9 7900 X, 64 GB DDR5, RTX4090, HP Reverb G2

Sayuuk
Airman First Class

Post by Sayuuk »

Erlk0enig wrote:Ah not for my taste, honestly.

Why make more flying sofas?

If you are into radials, why not make instead a classic like a Yak-52? It has a cool radial, is capable of aerobatics, many are flying around...
Because I think it is time to expand the "Wings of Silver" Line with a new, better, detailed Propliner!

=D
ImageImage

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

R4360 wrote:Killratio, you must also beleive that Irina Shayk (and her cover of SPorts Illustrated Swimsuit) is a hag woman. You also probably imply that Bar Refaeli it comprable to a junebeetle. You are most definetly wrong.

Given that I have no idea who either of those girls (one would hope) is, your point is lost on me, sorry. I do however like the idea of bikinis with pictures of sports printed on them....

Likewise, living in the southern hemisphere, I'm not familiar with June Beetles, it being far too cold at that time of year for much more than Guinness and the occasional lost Pelican.

We have, Dune Beetles (not in June, sadly) and they are quite charming little monsters, streets ahead of the Spartan.

I do, however give points to the creators of the "Spartan Executive" for their sense of oxymoronic humour.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

R4360
Airman

Post by R4360 »

Killratio, you are quite behind the times. I duely suggest that you stop criticizing when you have no ability to make proper judgements. Surprising you have fondness for the Spirtfire, a british glory bird, with beauty comprable to the Spartan Executive

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

R4360 wrote: you are quite behind the times.

you have no ability to make proper judgements.
You can't have it both ways mate....behind the times and therefore unqualified to make a judgement on a 1900's aircraft??

I am not behind the times in any case, I merely filter out irrelevant rubbish (such as who is on the cover of what this week and those who in general have a 12 month shelf-life in any case) as I have quite enough to track which affects me directly in professional and personal life.

Who Angelina Jolie is sleeping with, whether Madonna will get her 27th orphan, whether the Northwest Grub Catchers will win the 47th Annual Farnarckling Championships and in which year that will actually occur, are questions which I leave to those with more time to debate them at length over this wonderful internet (which has obviously provided us with much more of the above information on which to waste our time).

And putting the Spitfire in the same sentence as the Spartan is the sort of thing that would have had people tied to a stake and burned a few hundred years ago.....better times....
regards

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

markwlee
Senior Airman

Post by markwlee »

I had a ride in a Yak 52. The pilot did all sorts of aerobatics ranging from stall turns, loops and barrel rolls through to a Lomcevac and low inverted flight over the Greenbank Reserve. A few years later, things didn't go so well: YAk52 Down - same plane (different livery) and same pilot. Turns out he was no longer licenced to do these charters due to an earlier argument with a hangar door. Think he still was when I flew with him.

Very skilled pilot (champion aerobat) with scant regard for regulations in aviation or elsewhere (search old news articles). I was lucky.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

At my local airport, Santa Paula (KSZP) one of the neatest airports in California, lost of classics, used to have a Spartan, Staggerwing, there are 4 Howard DGA's and a Mr. Mulligan replica. There are 2 Ryan PT-22's and two rare RYan ST-A's there. They have everything. Also 3 Yak's. Also known as a Yak-Attack, a mockery for this iwerd russian plane. They say it handles nicely, but it's just plane weird, but just boring. Why would you want one???

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Sayuuk wrote:... Because I think it is time to expand the "Wings of Silver" Line with a new, better, detailed Propliner!

=D
And I'd think your thought process and A2A's business plan are on divergent courses.
Snuffy

Sayuuk
Airman First Class

Post by Sayuuk »

Snuffy wrote:
Sayuuk wrote:... Because I think it is time to expand the "Wings of Silver" Line with a new, better, detailed Propliner!

=D
And I'd think your thought process and A2A's business plan are on divergent courses.
If you want it military, do a C69/121 then... what a difference... ;-)

I think flooding the market with all kinds of relatively similar single-engine fighters is not going to be the way to go...

I'm noticing right now that I always need to decide between the Spit and the P47, because they are very similar in many ways...

Another Big Aircraft (and not a B24, that would be too similar to the B17 again), would be nice here) => no direct competition within your own portfolio!

That's just what I'm thinking...
ImageImage

Erlk0enig
A2A Mechanic

Post by Erlk0enig »

Snuffy wrote:

=D
I have the same feeling. Currently in the pipeline: Spit MkV, P-51, F-104, F-4.

Assuming the current average output rate of roughly 2 Aircraft per year, this would mean the Spit Mk.V will come later this year, the P-51 & F-104 in 2012, the F-4 perhaps in the beginning of 2013...

So after this quick estimation, any kind of WoS Aircraft would not be available until Mid of 2013, given that A2A want to change their course back to Civilian aircraft.

But, of course, one can wish anything :D
Best Regards,
Ralf

R9 7900 X, 64 GB DDR5, RTX4090, HP Reverb G2

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”