Shockwave

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Shockwave

Post by George Kuhn »

Hello all.

I haven't been here in quite a while.

Is this the same Shockwave website when I bought the Wings of Power WWII Bombers and Jets/Wings of Power II WWII Fighters and a few others?.If so I would assume then the name was changed to A2A Simulations etc.I was looking all over for Shockwave products Ha!.

I just want to be sure,because I always liked the Shockwave products.

The two mentioned above were for FS9.I don't have FS9 any longer.I built another flying machine from scratch.I'm now using Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit.I'm running FSX accelerated Boxed version.I'm not using SP-1 and SP-2.

Since I only have FSX now I guess I'll have to buy all new planes here of course

Some of my gamer specs are:
P5N-D M.B.(ASUS) Mobo
Intel Core 2 [email protected] (Q6600)
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit
4GB Corsair XMS2 Ram(Four Sticks)
4 Samsung 250GB HD's
2 GeForce 9500GT 16B RAM in SLI Config.
7.1 HTO Stricker Sound Card

I'm hoping the above spec's to get me started will run all your planes in FSX of course.I am concerned if your planes will work since I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit and not 32 etc?.

THX

George

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Shockwave

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Yes we use to be known as shockwave many moons ago. Your new system sounds great, if it can run FSX reasonably well (which it should) You will have no problems with our latest FSX stuff.

I look forward to hearing what you think and the changes from old to new :wink:

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

Thanks for the reply Lewis

I have been wondering who A2A was.My FSX runs fine on my windows 7 64-Bit system.I guess for the moment my concern would be if your products will work on 64-Bit systems.
A lot of boxed versions of other planes/scenery's will say Windows 7 64@32 Bit compatable.This is why I was asking about your products now,since I'm basicly starting over.
Have any of the previous boxed planes been upgraded to FSX,such as the two mentioned in the topic.Is the B-29 still around?,I really enjoyed it when I had it in FS9.

Are most of your products if not all available in boxed versions and compatible with FSX.

Your new site looks great from what I'm seeing,and I'm still surfing it looking around.I noticed in the screenshots,some of the B-29 shots are still there from my FS9.I figured they would be gone,since you have a new name and website etc.

George

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Hey George. I also got myself a new machine for FSX. Win7-64 works perfectly with FSX/Acc and FS9. All of A2A's aircraft that I have work great. WOP Bombers, WW2 Fighters, FW190Dora, HE219 for FS9. B17 and the J3 with accusim for FSX.

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

Two of the older Boxed versions I still have is the WOP WWII Heavy Bombers and Jets and the WOP WWII Fighters Special Edition.I know the WWII fights should work in FSX,because the Box it came in says on a sticker FSX compatible.The WWII Heavy Bombers and Jets probably won't work since the box it came in says for Flight Sim 2004 and it has the B-29 in it.

So.I'm looking for the B-29,but there doesn't appear to be one available for FSX,other than the FS9 version.

I'm planning on buying 3 or 4 of the other planes for FSX,cause I don't have FS9 any longer.It looks Like I'll have to buy the B-17G stand alone,to have it.

The two boxed versions I have are the much older one's.I'm starting over with a whole new machine,and don't want to make costly mistakes with payware installs of planes etc.

George

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

George, the new WOP II aircraft with accusim are revolutionary and ultra detailed with realism over the previous versions.
You will enjoy these and Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit.If you check the forum there are some new aircraft coming out pretty soon.

Be sure to use the new a2asimulations link and not use the older shockwave production link anymore.
If you miss the B-29 just try out the new Boeing 377 Stratocruiser with accusim because the 377 was developed from the B-29.

BTW your hardware is still good and up to par.-Jon
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Hi George. I have not heard of anyone using the WOP Heavy Bombers in FSX. Might be possible. I have read of the WW2 Fighters being used in FSX with updates and mods, but fighters are not my cup of tea, and have not pursued this. Read that A2A is coming out with the P51,Spitfire,ME109 with Accusim. Might be interesting. The A2A FSX B17 is very simular to the WOP Bombers B17. But then add Accusim and it is a whole new aircraft. Way beyond what WOP Bombers is/was. The realism is incredible.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”