Help - Gamespy Multiplayer Hosting Problem

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Geewiz
Staff Sergeant

Help - Gamespy Multiplayer Hosting Problem

Post by Geewiz »

Greetings all:
I've finished my new system build and everything is running very nicely...with the exception of being able to host sessions on Gamespy.

The new system is running Windows 7-64bit. I log on fine to Gamespy and start my hosting session specifying 10 guest slots. This was never a problem in the past, with my old XP system.

Last night, after starting the session, I sat and waited for about an hour with no one entering the session. Highly unusual! I finally sent an IM to a fellow flyer on my friend's list and he advised me my session was showing only 1 slot available which, I assume, was taken by me, explaining why no one could enter.

I spent another hour looking into possible solutions and, finding none, turn to the group here for advice.

No idea if it's something on my new Win 7 system, or if Gamespy is going through some kind of abnormal hiccupping.

Thanks for any ideas!

Cheers!
The 401st Bomb Group - Deenethorpe
www.youtube.com/401stbg
"The Best Damned Outfit in the USAAF"
http://www.401bg.com/pages_gallery/gallery_005.htm#menu

svaughn01
Staff Sergeant

Re: Help - Gamespy Multiplayer Hosting Problem

Post by svaughn01 »

Hi GeeWiz, you probably know me as Capt.Vaughn from the 1st BS, I saw your server in GS the other night and it was showing a server ping of -1, I tried to join anyway but i couldnt join.Not sure what would cause that, But I remember a couple more people (back in the old 1st BS days), had the same problem and they had a broadband connection faster than mine. The first place I would look would probably be your router. Other than that, I dont know. Ive also got a new system with Windows 7, but I cant activate it with Microsoft, it says Ive used my code key too many times already :roll: I guess Ill call them and try to convince them to accept my code key :?

Geewiz
Staff Sergeant

Re: Help - Gamespy Multiplayer Hosting Problem

Post by Geewiz »

I'm hoping you hit the nail on the head. In my excitement to get my new system operational, I completely forgot to assign the port to the new IP on my new computer....DUH! Now I'm eager to try it out... look for online tonight!

THanks, Capt.!
The 401st Bomb Group - Deenethorpe
www.youtube.com/401stbg
"The Best Damned Outfit in the USAAF"
http://www.401bg.com/pages_gallery/gallery_005.htm#menu

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”