B-17 With Accu-Sim Problem

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

B-17 With Accu-Sim Problem

Post by A-26Invader »

Every time I start an engine, the engine will start and die- start and die. I just bought this yesterday and i haven't been able to get off the ground with these engine problems. and my engineer would repeat, "Engine 3 is starting", "Engine 3 is starting", "Engine 3 is starting", and on and on and on until you cut the fuel too the engine. This B-17 has no hours on it, and i haven't moved it an inch yet. I need help with this problem.
ImageImageImage

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: B-17 With Accu-Sim Problem

Post by lonewulf47 »

I would propose to post this in the B17 forum chapter. At first sight it sounds to me as if the basic FSX settings are not according to the manual.

Oskar

snave
Staff Sergeant

Post by snave »

There is an auto start for the engines even within Accu-sim. Use that, and if the engines start correctly then you KNOW it is operator error, and need to spend more time with the manual.
If not, then you KNOW it is a default FS setting probably carried over from whatever you are using as a default flight. Change it.

Accus-sim comes with a set of challenges for the sim pilot. You MUST start the engines according to the procedures outlined in the checklist. As well as post in the correct forum with any problems!!! :lol:
Simon Evans

thedoublereedguy
Airman Basic

Post by thedoublereedguy »

Hi! I to have the same problem with the Accusim B17. My engines burt into flames.#I have not been able to get off into the Wild Blue Yonder.
archie.g

snave
Staff Sergeant

Post by snave »

thedoublereedguy wrote:Hi! I to have the same problem with the Accusim B17. My engines burt into flames.#I have not been able to get off into the Wild Blue Yonder.
archie.g
Post in correct forum and provide sufficient information and someone might be able to help.
Simon Evans

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Just talking to myself here...

Anti-self: "Remember when you tried starting the plane manually, but you didn't know how to keep the engines going after hitting the ignition?"

Self: "Yeah, I didn't know that you have to turn the primer handle with the mouse wheel, select the engine I was starting, and give that engine a few shots of gas while the blades are turning. Pretty noob of me, but how about you forgetting to turn Automixture 'off' in the FSX realism settings!"

Anti-Self: "Ha ha, oh yes! All the engines caught fire right after take-off! Even with the AccuSim feature turned off in the mini panel. The moral is, turn off the automixture."

Self: "And we've been having a lot of luck with not blowing up the engines ever since we started letting the co-pilot watch the RPMs, cowl flaps and coolers."

Anti-Self: "And he's pretty handy at starting all four of the engines, too. After all, he is trained to do that. Yep, CNTRL+E saves us a lot of headache."

Self: "All we have to do is remember to not move the plane until he says the engines are all up to temperature."
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

thedoublereedguy wrote:Hi! I to have the same problem with the Accusim B17. My engines burt into flames.#I have not been able to get off into the Wild Blue Yonder.
archie.g
Are you settings as per the manual, are you running the required fsx SP2?

Take note of the other posts in this thread also as the answer is no doubt a setting issue.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Musicman
Senior Airman

Post by Musicman »

Almost sounds like he is not keeping the proper RPM's to 1000 or better.
Use RPM 1000 or MP at 10 for idle and not below that.

snave
Staff Sergeant

Post by snave »

Musicman wrote:Almost sounds like he is not keeping the proper RPM's to 1000 or better.
Use RPM 1000 or MP at 10 for idle and not below that.
...can't tell from the scant information provided. Wait for him to post in the Accusim forum with sufficient information or else he will suffer from information overload. Throwing this, that and everything else at it isn't helping anyone.
Simon Evans

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Check to see if AutoMixture is turned off in your settings.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Geewiz
Staff Sergeant

Post by Geewiz »

I had this problem when I first got the Accusim. After going through the checklist numerous times, I realized I was turning the carb filters OFF instead of ON. Once I had them turned on properly, the engines started up and stayed that way.
The 401st Bomb Group - Deenethorpe
www.youtube.com/401stbg
"The Best Damned Outfit in the USAAF"
http://www.401bg.com/pages_gallery/gallery_005.htm#menu

Phil_Traere
Airman Basic

Post by Phil_Traere »

Hi,
I had this kind of problem the first times I flew the B-17. I took the Trike ultralight and then change to the B-17. Doing this, I couldn't start engine #4 or make it revs above 1000rpm.
Now I choose the B-17 directly and no more problem.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”