VRS Super Hornet/A2A Team

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
badaboom
Senior Airman

VRS Super Hornet/A2A Team

Post by badaboom »

I just saw that A2A was/is involved in the VRS SuperHornet package!!! I believe you are responsible for the sound of this fantastic aircraft! :D

Kudos to The A2A Team for a wonderful job!!! I don't know how you did this and The Incredible B-17 together? Nice job!! :D
Patrick

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: VRS Super Hornet/A2A Team

Post by Scott - A2A »

Yes, we recorded and developed the turbine engine sounds. It was also a pleasure working with VRS.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

badaboom
Senior Airman

Post by badaboom »

Scott,She sounds fantastic!! You guy's ROCK!!!!
Patrick

wildwally
Airman

Post by wildwally »

Glad I'm not VRS right now - having many problems.

Over load of hits to website and hosting company shut them down or something along that lines. That coupled with the list of bugs being found.

I picked up the plane this morning - having trouble getting throttle on joy to work, have to use keys (sucks). Other than that and the sound in a cold and dark cockpit I think it's a nice plane. Systems model very well, and is fun to fly. Sad thing about it; i still go back to my B-17.

I will give them one thing, the lighting on the ground at night is quite impressive. I like the effect. I need to see if I can get that effect and Shockwave lighting together. I did notice a square following me around on th eground earlier today, think it has something to do with the new lighting system.

Overall good plane, be a lot better when they get the gliches worked out of it.

Great job on the sound A2A.
WildWally
Intel i7 950
MSI x58 Platinum SLI
9 gb Patriot ram DDR3 Trichannel
2 - GTS250 1 gb in SLI (when able)
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
3 - 24" Acer HD Monitors
Triple Heads to go
TrackerIR

wildwally
Airman

Post by wildwally »

Anyone know how to change the landing light ground effect?

I like the VRS ground effect lighting for VC so much i want to use it on all my planes.
WildWally
Intel i7 950
MSI x58 Platinum SLI
9 gb Patriot ram DDR3 Trichannel
2 - GTS250 1 gb in SLI (when able)
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
3 - 24" Acer HD Monitors
Triple Heads to go
TrackerIR

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

Haven't been in here for a while, but hope this will be a good place to ask the question.....forgive me if it's already been asked in a different thread.

If I understood the sales literature for the F-18.....it has a workable Tacan???(Maybe someone can confirm that....haven't purchased the aircraft as yet.....waiting for the F-4...(Smile)).

My question......Are there any plans for a Tacan with the F-4? I haven't seen a workable Tacan in Flightsim since the old FS3 days but on a personal note....would sure enjoy seeing one on the F-4. Somewhere in my old files I still have a listing of the Tacan freq's that would translate over to VOR.....will just have to dig them out again. (smile)

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Yes, TACAN channels can be translated to VOR frequencies and then used in Flight Simulator, so you enter TACAN channel and avionics are tuned to VOR frequency.

That's not 100% accurate because TACAN receivers can't normally work with VOR signals, but FSX doesn't have dedicated TACAN stations database, so we probably take similar approach in F-4.
Michael Krawczyk

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

Thanks Mike for the response...... I'm so looking forward to the F4!!

Heck....what am I saying....... I look forward to ANYTHING A2A brings on. (smile)

Being an old Marine Avionics guy, I still remember when I stumbled upon this item many years ago. Still have the book actually...... a DOD Flight Information Publication (Enroute) dated 19 Aug 93.

While our Marine Aircraft didn't have VOR equiptment.... you could look up the Frequency Pairing Data in the back of the book and pick up the VOR station; i.e;, Tacan Station 47X=111.00, Station 47Y=111.05, etc.

Worked really well for long cross countries. (smile)

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”