A2A w/Accusim Stearman

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
ryancessna
Airman Basic

A2A w/Accusim Stearman

Post by ryancessna »

I think A2A should come out with a Stearman 75 model complete with everything! 8)

What do you guys think?

-Ryan

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A w/Accusim Stearman

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Last thread where someone asked about a stearman, they were pretty noncommittal.

rwmarth
Senior Airman

Post by rwmarth »

I think A2A should come out with an Accusim model of just about everything! But once the Spit, 109, 190, and P-40 are done, and maybe a Beaver or single Otter, then I'm pretty much set :)

HAROLD SCHECKEL JR
Airman First Class

Post by HAROLD SCHECKEL JR »

There are several freeware Stearmans out there if you're interested, but not all are that good. IMHO the best out there is a Stearman 75 crop duster by Robert Sanderson.
It does come with some "extras" also. Robert uses a program called "Aerfoil" which is supposed to do a better job of duplicating flight dynamics. Maybe this is why he was able to capture the basic instability of taildraggers on the ground.
I haven't tried it in FSX yet but can tell you that in FS2004 it is quite a handful on the ground.
Not sure if Avsim still has it, but it might be worth a look.

Harold

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Having tasted accusim with the Cub and Razorback, a freeware Stearman just doesn't appeal to me.
To me, accusim is second only to Airport Enhancement Service from Aerosoft.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

I feel the need to bump this thread, because I just thought yet again about how absolutely fantastic an accusimmed Stearman would be! There really aren't any quality biplanes around for FSX (at least I didn't find any that met my quality expectations) and you certainly could fill a huge void in the aircraft selection if you'd do one. If he Cub was a success (and I have no doubt that it was) a Stearman certainly will also be one.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

Oh yes, a Stearman would be a great choice :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”