New plane ??

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
MAGGIEMAE
Senior Airman

New plane ??

Post by MAGGIEMAE »

:D How about a F-104 :!: Nothing really good for MFS X. I have to use my other computer as MFS 9 does not like VISTA on my main computer. I am sure there are lots of closet "aluminum lawn dart" fans out there :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
[ImageImage[/url]

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: New plane ??

Post by CodyValkyrie »

I can't speak for the A2A team, but my understanding is there are already a few planes on the plate at the moment, including the P-51, FW190 long nose an F-4 Phantom and some other "secret" projects.
ImageImage
ImageImage

MAGGIEMAE
Senior Airman

Post by MAGGIEMAE »

CodyValkyrie wrote:I can't speak for the A2A team, but my understanding is there are already a few planes on the plate at the moment, including the P-51, FW190 long nose an F-4 Phantom and some other "secret" projects.
8) Just putting it on the table there are probably a lot of other planes as well on the wish list :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
[ImageImage[/url]

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

If I remember from reading past posts correctly, now that the Piper Cub is out and especially now since the first patch is out, the P-51 should be on the front burner at the moment.
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

flyboy4612 wrote:If I remember from reading past posts correctly, now that the Piper Cub is out and especially now since the first patch is out, the P-51 should be on the front burner at the moment.
Actually if you check the B-17 forum you will find that it is the next one for the A-S treatment. The P-51 is simmering away nicely beside it though. :wink:
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

Well...at least I was close! Oh well, it's all good! :mrgreen: I'm excited to fly anything with an accu-sim lable attached
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

oakfloor
Senior Airman

Post by oakfloor »

"aluminum lawn dart" Ha! Ha! :lol: You heard that old saying? if you have ever wanted to own a F-104..just buy an acre of land in west germany and wait.
Last edited by oakfloor on 06 Oct 2009, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

Seria17hri11er
Senior Airman

Post by Seria17hri11er »

oakfloor wrote:"aluminum lawn dart" Ha! Ha! :lol: You heard that old saying? if you have ever wanted to own a F-104..just buy an acre of land in west germany wait.
Haha, thats good. I will admit though the F-104 is quite an interesting and challenging airplane. I had the Captain Sim F-104 for FS9. The most difficult aircraft to land that I have ever flown. My physics teacher used to load em up with missiles when he was in the service.
ASEL

Image Image
Man is the victim of an environment which refuses to understand his soul.
Bukowski Pg. 172—Purple As an Iris—Tales of Ordinary Madness

Daisan
Airman Basic

Post by Daisan »

MAGGIEMAE
Senior Airman

Post by MAGGIEMAE »

Seria17hri11er wrote:
oakfloor wrote:"aluminum lawn dart" Ha! Ha! :lol: You heard that old saying? if you have ever wanted to own a F-104..just buy an acre of land in west germany wait.
Haha, thats good. I will admit though the F-104 is quite an interesting and challenging airplane. I had the Captain Sim F-104 for FS9. The most difficult aircraft to land that I have ever flown. My physics teacher used to load em up with missiles when he was in the service.
I had both the Capt Sim and Cloud9 sim and the only time I ever made a good landing was just after my dad died (he was a CF-104 test pilot). Maybe he was watching :| He had few other names for it but of all the planes he flew the 104 and Sabre were his favourites. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
[ImageImage[/url]

oakfloor
Senior Airman

Post by oakfloor »

MAGGIEMAE wrote:
Seria17hri11er wrote:
I had both the Capt Sim and Cloud9 sim and the only time I ever made a good landing was just after my dad died (he was a CF-104 test pilot). Maybe he was watching :| He had few other names for it but of all the planes he flew the 104 and Sabre were his favourites. :mrgreen:
Well OK! I would like to hear about those days, have any good test pilot storys to share?

MAGGIEMAE
Senior Airman

Post by MAGGIEMAE »

:roll: Yup :mrgreen: several as he was a test pilot for many years and was even an original DeHavilland Comet pilot 8) before he became a test pilot.
ImageImageImageImage
[ImageImage[/url]

letsgetrowdy
Senior Airman

Post by letsgetrowdy »

I know A2A has heaps to do on the wish list, such as the P-51, B-17 and Phantom...but FSX desperatly needs a Tiger-Moth. I personally love this little airplane as it was the first plane I ever flew mself, at the ripe old age of 14. The flying charateristics of the Moth are very similar to the cub, as well as the speed. Also the Tiger-Moth could have its own Heidi in the front seat, with a flapping scarf :D Also an ability to tow the moth would be very useful, as one of my father's friends has one himself, I am constantly helping him carry in in an out of the barn on his farm strip!
I am aware that Justflight has made one, but A2A I know you can do a lot better!

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

I agree on the Moth, but I also would love a Harvard.
My first flight was in a Harvard, though I was 16 at the time, and to have an accusim Harvard of A2A quality......
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Seria17hri11er
Senior Airman

Post by Seria17hri11er »

So many wonderful aircraft, that we all want in so little time! :D
ASEL

Image Image
Man is the victim of an environment which refuses to understand his soul.
Bukowski Pg. 172—Purple As an Iris—Tales of Ordinary Madness

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”