WoP "Adorning" FS2004 Splash Screen

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
MM
Airman

WoP "Adorning" FS2004 Splash Screen

Post by MM »

Hi Scott and all,

I just lost a hard drive and reinstalled the CD version of WWII Fighters. Your installer managed to write your company logo over the FS2004 Splash Screen.

Gosh!

I guess that I'm speechless. I forgot that you did this. (There is no "*.bak" file in the URES directory.) I guess that you now know that this is in really poor taste--it seems that you no longer do this.

Do you know of any quick solution to this problem?

Best wishes,
Mike MacKuen

Markoz
Senior Airman

Re: WoP "Adorning" FS2004 Splash Screen

Post by Markoz »

Hi Mike

To get back the original splashscreen for FS2004 you will need to open the file MSGAME3.CAB (it's on Disc 2 of the CD set) with a program like winzip or winrar.

If you open it with winrar (or if using winzip showing the folders, otherwise just look for the file) look for the folder Uires then find the file dlgsplash.bmp. Extract it to your Flight Simulator 9\Uires folder and click yes to overwrite when asked. I have found that "drag and drop" is the best way to do it most times.

I hope I explained this well enough and so it isn't too hard for you to do.

Mark
Intel Core i7 3770K | 16GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX470 | 24" LCD Monitor | 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 2TB HDD | Windows 7 Profession 64 bit & Window 8 64 bit

ImageImageImage

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

If you run into a roadblock on this, I recently reinstalled FS9 and it is currently without any Wings of Power aircraft. The splashscreen picture in the UIres folder is the original; I can send it to you directly by e-mail. PM me if you need it.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Markoz
Senior Airman

Post by Markoz »

Skycat wrote:If you run into a roadblock on this, I recently reinstalled FS9 and it is currently without any Wings of Power aircraft. The splashscreen picture in the UIres folder is the original; I can send it to you directly by e-mail. PM me if you need it.
Good point Skycat!

I could have/should have done that too. I just wasn't thinking.
I also have mine backed up because some aircraft/scenery addons, not just A2A, change the default splashscreen when installing their product(s).

Mark
Intel Core i7 3770K | 16GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX470 | 24" LCD Monitor | 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 2TB HDD | Windows 7 Profession 64 bit & Window 8 64 bit

ImageImageImage

MM
Airman

Post by MM »

Thanks much your your help. (I found an old copy of the splashscreen left over from a previous installation on my wife's computer. Don't tell her!)

Appreciate your efforts...a salute to you both!

Best,
Mike MacKuen

Markoz
Senior Airman

Post by Markoz »

You're welcome Mike. It was just a case of "Been there, done that!" :D

Mark

ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”