Progressive Taxi Feature in FSX

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Freedom5
Airman First Class

Progressive Taxi Feature in FSX

Post by Freedom5 »

Can any of you Guru's solve this? My progressive taxi feature in FSX has quit working once it gets dark. That's when I need it the most since you can't see the taxiways and signs in the dark. It used to work both day and night and if I was at a strange airfield with a control tower I could turn it on at night and follow the arrows to parking or back to the active.

I have added Shockwave lights (Up-dated version) and Extreme Landscape but the problem started prior to them. At first it was only occasional but now it just quits after it gets totally dark.

Freedom5

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Re: Progressive Taxi Feature in FSX

Post by Roadburner426 »

Sometimes I have found it depends on what airport you are at. Whenever they do disappear for me though I have found that by turning the aircraft to certain angles it makes them reappear. Like I will be in the middle of a turn and then they will appear and then disappear again. Is weird, but I have just quite using it altogether. I pretty much just tune the ground frequency to get off of tower then taxi to the parking of my choice. Cause 9 times out of 10 the small airports I go to anyway they make me park at the fuel station and I don't want fuel anyway since I use the load managers for my aircraft to do that. Unfortunately that is the only advice I have to give. Hopefully it helps!
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Freedom5
Airman First Class

Re: Progressive Taxi Feature in FSX

Post by Freedom5 »

I understand what you are saying. However, this isn't the case with my problem. I have had to search for the arrows before but now they just don't appear anywhere after it gets full dark. At twilight they are still there but completely dark and they are gone.

One of the problems is at large airports where the taxi for take off instructions contains multiple taxiways its hard to find your way in the dark. If I didn't fly real weather where the direction of take off doesn't matter then I could just find a runway and go. However using real weather the direction and speed of the wind is extremely important. It took me a long while to get my set up so I could cross control for cross wind take offs and landings.

Maybe someone else can come up with a solution.

Freedom5

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”