Add on traffic wont work?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
EGPFGLA
Airman

Add on traffic wont work?

Post by EGPFGLA »

Hi all,

Having problems with my add-on traffic, it installs ok. But then comes up saying somthing about the fsuipc, either not working or somthing? where can i get a new one to solve this problem?

Alex

Freedom5
Airman First Class

Re: Add on traffic wont work?

Post by Freedom5 »

Which add on traffic are you using? I initially used Traffic X and found it rather hard to figure out. It had one feature I liked - you could put yourself in the control tower and watch the traffic at the airfield and also on the radar scope. I had a lot of problems with it though so I have switched to MyTraffic X. It seems a lot easier to work with but doesn't have the control tower. It also spaces the traffic so that you don't have to "hold short" so long and don't have to make several "Go's" trying to land.

My Traffic X also has a lot of military aircraft flying around. There are fighters, Transports and Helicopters. It makes it a bit more realistic.

Freedom5

Mitchell - A2A
Aviation Writer and Pilot

Post by Mitchell - A2A »

I've been undergoing the same confusing situation with "Traffic X". I'm still trying to figure it out; but I may just bite the bullet and get "My Traffic X". I don't need no stinking towers.

Mitchell

Freedom5
Airman First Class

Post by Freedom5 »

I had tried setting up some flight plans with Traffic X to bring more aircraft in and out of the medium airfield I fly out of but couldn't get most of them to work. It's a tedious job to sort the folders you schedule the traffic in. If you don't, since the program always brings up the basic folder when you start, you end up having multiple aircraft od the same kind with the same tail number. With My Traffic X, there are enough aircraft of various types flying in and out of all airfields that I don't need to add any. I even saw six UH-1's parked at an airfield I flew to today.

Freedom5

Tailspin
Airman

Post by Tailspin »

If you want to add additional traffic try "AI Flight Planner", http://members.shaw.ca/aifp/ It is easy to use and works well. You can use all your AI aircraft and/or FSX default AI and use aircraft. I have added all kinds of traffic to my local airport.

Ted

EGPFGLA
Airman

Post by EGPFGLA »

Its traffic 2005 from just flight. :(

Freedom5
Airman First Class

Post by Freedom5 »

Traffic X from Just Flight is the one I just s canned and replaced with MyTraffic X. The paint jobs were great but I had problems with scheduling. I believe the 2005 version was a lot older and probably was designed to work with Flight Sim 2004. Some of the older programs wont work with FSX.

Freedom5

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”