For those who wish for Accu-sim jet

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Shalomar
Staff Sergeant

For those who wish for Accu-sim jet

Post by Shalomar »

I don't mean to step on any toes; and I will understand if this thread is removed. But I have just been blown away by an aircraft like I have not been since the B377 from A2A. I had zero interest in the B377 but was intrigued by Accu-sim and quickly got hooked in the depth of their rendition of that aircraft.

Well, it just happened again.

I had zero interest in flying an L-39 in any sim. But there is one out that breaks so much new ground it is hard to believe it is the first ever aircraft released by this one-man dev team.

Model and systems coded for performance and full shared cockpit compatible. Special instructor features installed in rear cockpit.

Not just airframe and engine icing with consequences, but Rain on windshield effect... first EVER for an native FSX model!

Landing lights that actually compare favorably with Shockwave... and the versions with a collimated gunsight have them too!!! (Aerosoft F-16 devs take note)

Consequences for abusing your aircraft engine and systems. Virtually everything that can kill you in the real thing matters... such as the lag in throttle response.

Open your canopy in midair; end your flight 8)

Forget to turn on oxygen depending on altitude, black out

The best spin characteristics I have ever seen... You must FLY out of it!!!

Detailed; accurate procedural start possible; but if your default flight is all systems operating all systems will be operating in this jet. The one exception I have found other than GPS is **oxygen** IMPORTANT: if you spawn into a high altitude flight it must be an immediate priority.

I know a lot of developers are FS users who appreciate quality, and I don't think A2A is an exception.

Once again, I hope I have not offended.

Donald
Virtual Avgas fits my budget...

VFR Reviews
Airman First Class

Re: For those who wish for Accu-sim jet

Post by VFR Reviews »

I saw this jet and I was quite amazed. I'd really love to review it, but I'm too busy right now... go figure :P

I can't wait to see what A2A does for their Phantom...

Deryl
Airman

Post by Deryl »

I purchased the Lotus L-39C a few days ago. I almost decided to pass on this one due to the high price but my curiosity got the better of me. Although the model itself does not match A2A products in terms of the quality of the exterior and VC, I have to say this is one of the most realistic light jet aircraft I have ever flown in a flightsim. I honestly could not find anything I disliked about how the aircraft handled...in fact it was pure pleasure!!!

Tomesk
Senior Airman

Post by Tomesk »

Although I have tremendous respect for A2A, I have zero interest in the Phantom. I was actually stunned by the initial announcement as all their previous releases had been WWII era aircraft.

Hopefully there are no plans for a future A2A modern Airbus or Boeing jetliner :)
ImageImage

FreqE1
Airman

Post by FreqE1 »

I'd been holding off buying any other add-ons while waiting for the Accu-Simmed Cub but I squeezed in a day of overtime so next check will hopefully co-inside with the Cub release. I resisted the L-39 for several days but seeing the Cub was a week or 2 off I broke down and got it.

Seeing the communities reaction to the L-39 convinced me and I'm glad it did. I'm not really into jets much and prefer WWII aircraft but I figure we should be supporting developers that push the envelope as Lotus did on the L-39 (and A2A with their Accu-sim). Well, I'm enjoying the jet experience more than I thought I would even though I totally had to change how I fly. It's a beautifull product and worth the investment in my opinion.

The L-39 actually has increased my interest in getting the F-4 so it even added a sale for A2A. Now hurry up with that Cub already! :wink:

Shalomar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shalomar »

I don't spend a lot of time outside an airplane unless I am flying my simulator for remote control planes... Basically I am equally impressed by my RealAir Duke, B377 and L-39... I guess I lack the eye to tell much difference in modeling techniques.

I snapped up the B377 when I heard about Accusim, but when the Thunderbolt came out my decision was more based on my level of interest in that real world aircraft. I didn't get it.

I don't think I will get the Cub either... just as soon fly my Justflight Schweiser 300CBI for the speed it can deliver. My RealAir Scout can do most things the Cub can do easier, and in some respects the Decathlon can do more. As long as a virtual aircraft's wings don't travel faster than the fuselage IFR capability is something I don't give up readily. All three planes in the ACA package have the upper crust of every IFR panel option available configured.

I am not just bashing A2A for their product selection, it goes for everyone. If I did not have the Eaglesoft CJ1 I would have bought the Flight 1 Mustang. But I already had a plane that was more compatible with Shared Cockpit; went faster, further and with careful fuel planning could get in and out of the same places. I wouldn't get enough additional enjoyment to justify the expense.

I have various jets collecting dust in my hangar... T-34 to F-16. But the L-39 has about 30 hours on it this week + weekend, and all other aircraft combined somewhere around three.

Donald
Virtual Avgas fits my budget...

Deryl
Airman

Post by Deryl »

I too was a bit surprised to see A2A pick the F-4 as their first jet model. In my opinion, genuine interest in the Phantom is marginal at best. From what I've witnessed over the last decade, simmers seem to prefer the smaller and more nimble fighters that they can throw around the skies with ease. That said, I'm predicting the Phantom will still be a modest success...but this will only be due to A2A's reputation for quality products...not because simmers are big fans of the Phantom.

Personally, I would have expected to see A2A's first jet to be an F-86 or MIG-15. This would have been more in keeping with the A2A product "time-line". Now, I realize both of these aircraft have already been released by Alphasim and Bear Studios respectively...but so has the F-4 (by Alphasim). In my opinion, a quality reproduction of the F-86 would have garnered much more excitement than the F-4 ever could. It may have even become a "must have" among simmers...sadly we will never know.

If A2A was intent on reproducing Vietnam era fighters, perhaps better choices would have included the A-4, A-7 or MIG-21. I say this not because the F-4 wasn't a "successful" aircraft in real world terms but again because simmers seem to prefer the more nimble aircraft such as the A-4.

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

I thought the F-4 was a strange choice as well. That being said, I am happy they chose it. My flight sintructor flew the F-4 in Vietnam and as an instructor at Top Gun. He always has such exciting stories to tell. I like the Phantom because it's big, loud, and impressive. Most of the Phantoms on the market right now I think are done pretty poorly, in my opinion. Not that they are total junk, I just think that not enough time was spend on the little details that make a sim aircraft really impressive. Judging from the cockpit shots that were posted, I think this F-4 will set the standard for future sim jet aircraft.
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

A superb rendition of the F86 already exists, produced by a group dedicated to the F86.

The phantom is such an icon do not underestimate its fan base. It is the grandaddy of modern jets, the first to truly use missles in combat, its loved by its pilots and is a big airshow puller thanks to its smokey, noisey ways. A combat record longer than my arm and used by enough countries to fill up the other arm. A truly amazing aircraft with enough room for additional models etc depending on how we go.

The F4 base is currently the cloud 9 model. Those guys knocked out what is regarded by many (inclduing me) the definitive f4 model and flight sim, if you still fly fs2004 and want a phantom then definatly look at the cloud 9 model! We know we can attain this for FSX and hope that with accu-sim we can surpass it and make something special in its own right.

Remember of course though that the phantom is stil a ways off a the moment and we have other goodies in the works.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

swarovski
Senior Airman

Post by swarovski »

Plenty of time to save then Lewis! lol

Looking forward to it. An F4... sweeet!
Each to his own, as they say.

saunder
Airman

Post by saunder »

I think it's an excellent choice It's a classic and I flew the F-4 Simulator that's nr Harrogate and it was a fantastic experience, pretty creepy when they shut the blacked out canopy down though, I was glad to hear someone voice over the radio. The cockpit seemed huge really roomy and the flying experience was something else, great experience. I have been hoping someone would do a FSX version and with accusim what a dream.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”