On going subject

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
saunder
Airman

On going subject

Post by saunder »

I know this subject is a pain to developers and looking from the developers corner it is a different picture, but the question of when will it be released is important to many possible customers. I am looking at my next purchase I would like it to be the P51 as I would the ME110 classic hangers, but how long should I wait next week, next month maybe christmas I don't know but what I do know is that I could end up purchasing something else from Classic hangers, aerosoft to find that you release something a week later that I wanted and then I can't afford it for a while so it ends up going off my list as other products are released. This is aimed at all developers because you never see any estimated release dates from anyone. We all understand the hold ups that you can have and problems that cannot be encountered after giving expected release dates, but I do believe that many sales can be lost because of that lack of information the the customer.

You can tell I have nothing better to do but sit here making a nuisance of myself but unfortunately due to an unfortunate ilness I have not got a lot else to do for quite a while to come.. So desperately looking for something new in FSX

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: On going subject

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Hey, no worries. We can appreciate anyone that is looking forward to a project. The reason developers rarely post timeframes is because they are so darn hard to keep, which leads to further frustration from customers when developers cannot meet the public timeframe. The best we can do is show you guys some further development shots and let you know when we are getting close.

Of course, if another team member would like to further talk about it they are free to do so, but this is my position after working so closely with so many companies. It is an industry trend, with the exception of larger development teams driven by larger management entities.
ImageImage
ImageImage

saunder
Airman

Post by saunder »

Thank you for a positive and unsarcastic response, it can be tempting to bite when being asked a question that you have to answer every time a product comes close to completion. I do understand your position and have seen the frustration on many similar issues involving communication on many developers forums, but at times especialy now that finances are not so readily availible it can be like speculating, where do I place my money next, and I am sure it is not to be argued that you are probably producing one of the best software products for flightsim that there is, but we all know human nature and I feel a need to invest in another aircraft, but when and where is the question. The P51 is probably being my first choice after all 12 months ago I dont think anyone could have even thought that you could improve on the new WOP2 version. Do I wait or do I spend and hope that WOP3 does not get released 2 days after I have spent my money on something else, so you see where my thoughts are coming from.

I looked at my spending on software for FSX and decided that I maybe should speculate better after spending £1300.52p or maybe see a therapist for mental health issues :)

letsgetrowdy
Senior Airman

Post by letsgetrowdy »

Same! I'm soooooooooooooooo impatient for this P-51!!! I do like the idea of the cub, but I can't get as excited about it as the mustang.
Does any one know if it will have early models too as well as the "D"?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”