Accu-Sim Piper Cub Sneak Peak Videos

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Accu-Sim Piper Cub Sneak Peak Videos

Post by DHenriques_ »

Test Pilot wrote:
maxter wrote:Wow, this looks just wonderful.

I am planning to circumnavigate Australia in this bird.

Cheers and thanks,

Hope you got a lot of time on your hand! Cruising at like 60 mph :D
.....and that's indicated! With a good headwind you can get the ground speed down to a hover if you're good :-))
Flew a J3 all the way down the Eastern Coast of the United States once from Wilmington Delaware to Key West. Had a royal ball. About 300 yards off the Carolina coast, I throttled back once and opened the upper side window and actually shouted a hello to people on a boat under me and heard their reply. Couldn't make out the exact words but heard the voices. (They were smiling so I assumed they weren't cussing at me :-))
Had a bundle of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a thermos of coffee on the front seat.
I enjoyed that casual VFR run down the coast in that little yellow bird as much as any trip I've ever made in an airplane. :-)
Dudley Henriques

maxter
Airman First Class

Post by maxter »

Test Pilot wrote: Hope you got a lot of time on your hand! Cruising at like 60 mph :D
Given that I've circumnavigated the planet three times in Cessna singles, in real time and real weather, I think i'll make it :D
Oh and the Orbx scenery is so varied and spectacularly real, boredom won't be a factor.

Cheers,
Core i7 4790 | O/C 4.9 Ghz | 32GB 2xRipjaws-X 16G DDR3-1866 RAM
Gigabyte GTX980| 3 x Phillips 21"
2 V300 240gb SSD RAID OS | 2 x Barracuda 3Tb SATA3 HD's in RAID
Antec P193| Corsair 1000W
Aviation photo gallery http://www.christopherbporter.com

Ridge
Senior Airman

Post by Ridge »

That is amazing, Scott. You have really set the new standard for flight sim design. The amount of detail you guys have put into this aircraft is startling, and an impressive feat to accomplish.

Great job, guys!

melendir
Airman

Post by melendir »

Looking great :-)

I would definately install tundra tires to my cub if possible, usual or not.
I think my "bush pilot street credibility" demands that ;-)

I wish that you would have chosen supercub instead of cub, but I can live with that :-)
--------------
- Melendir -
--------------

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

It's fairly common in the north latitudes and out in the rough country for J-3s to have tundras tires installed, and absolutely necessary for safe, dry beach sand operations, so tundra tires will be included with the A2A Cub.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

melendir
Airman

Post by melendir »

Scott - A2A wrote:It's fairly common in the north latitudes and out in the rough country for J-3s to have tundras tires installed, and absolutely necessary for safe, dry beach sand operations, so tundra tires will be included with the A2A Cub.

Scott.
Great news :-)
--------------
- Melendir -
--------------

wnt2fly2001
Airman First Class

Post by wnt2fly2001 »

[quote="Dudley Henriques
Had a bundle of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a thermos of coffee on the front seat.
I enjoyed that casual VFR run down the coast in that little yellow bird as much as any trip I've ever made in an airplane. :-)
Dudley Henriques[/quote]

That sounds like a LOT of fun !!! It just reminded me of the time I was at a fly-in a few years back checking out some Cubs that were there and one of them had a bag of barbecue flavor Frito's lying on the deck behind the rear seat. I thought to myself "... what a life !! :) enjoying aviation at it's finest"

Darrell

ryr755
Airman

Post by ryr755 »

great to hear that we get tundra tires for our Cubs =)

really lookin' forward to the release
Julius

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you everywhere!

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

wnt2fly2001 wrote:[quote="Dudley Henriques
Dudley Henriques
That sounds like a LOT of fun !!! It just reminded me of the time I was at a fly-in a few years back checking out some Cubs that were there and one of them had a bag of barbecue flavor Frito's lying on the deck behind the rear seat. I thought to myself "... what a life !! :) enjoying aviation at it's finest"

Darrell[/quote]

I've had some great moments throughout my career, but probably those I enjoyed and will remember the most were those summer evenings at out little local grass strip when the air was clear and the breeze was cool. The gang would meet there every Saturday night wives girlfriends and all and light the BBQ. We'd sit out by the picnic table and bet on who could make the shortest field landing and take turns going around the patch in a J3 and other aircraft on the field trying to outdo each other. Those watching each flight would hold up large numbered signs like the ice skaters use along with two huge signs one with a large thumb pointed UP on it and the other with a thumb pointed downward if you missed the mark :-))
We'd drop water balloons on a 10 foot diameter ring we made out of garden lime.
Some of our folks were musicians, and I mean FINE musicians. They would bring instruments and play for the group. We'd build a fire and roast hotdogs and burgers. Once the airplanes were put away we'd bring out the cold beer.
We had a hay wagon and a horse that we used for long hayrides after dark that wove through the woods and the fields around the airport and back as we sang songs and told war stories of our exploits as pilots :-))
Yup..............that was the aviation I want to remember!
Dudley Henriques

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Dudley,

That is a great memory, thanks for sharing that. I always find it so interesting how so many musicians become pilots and vice versa. I believe this is because to be a pilot or a musician, you need to use both sides of your brain (artistic and math). Whenever I see a great landing, I see the same thing as a guitarist playing a perfect ending.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

skunker
Senior Airman

Post by skunker »

Wow Dudley,
That sounds like a perfect place to hang around at.

wnt2fly2001
Airman First Class

Post by wnt2fly2001 »

Dudley, that brings back so many memories of my childhood. My parents and I would go down to the local airport, along with lots of other people, and just stand around in the evenings watching the planes fly. Anything from Piper Cubs, to Cessna 140's and 170's. The pilots were always willing to stop and chat and even offer free rides (I guess being a kid helped :lol: )

Now there's hardly ever anybody even there flying and even if there is a group there they pretty much stick to themselves and treat everyone else as "outsiders."

I miss the good 'ole days.

Darrell

Oldog
Airman Basic

Post by Oldog »

Very nice, but will it spin?

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Scott - A2A wrote:Dudley,

That is a great memory, thanks for sharing that. I always find it so interesting how so many musicians become pilots and vice versa. I believe this is because to be a pilot or a musician, you need to use both sides of your brain (artistic and math). Whenever I see a great landing, I see the same thing as a guitarist playing a perfect ending.

Scott.
I don't think I ever mentioned to you that for years I played classical guitar. Loved music and played all the time. In fact, just sent a suggestion down to good bud Patty Wagstaff on a number she might consider using in her Extra show routine this season. (The Water's Wide; James Taylor)
D

levkovvvv

Post by levkovvvv »

congratulations,really nice plane.before i first saw the a2a website,i never flew anything without a turbine,or2,or4,or8 of them.than i saw the 377 and thought why not.then i got hooked on and got just about everything else from a2a.and now i find myself seriously considering bying just about the smallest ,simpllest plane there is.you transformed me.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”