I'm Back!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
dronedriver
Airman Basic

I'm Back!

Post by dronedriver »

Hello Gents!
AC is back after too long an absence. It feels great!

I'm using the callsign "dronedriver" for that has become my primary interest, since the USAF has moved in that major direction.

(It's not hard to understand why....I was a combat crew member for 13 years... I gave combat a fair try and didn't like it much.) :roll:

My personal project now is to simulate the environment of UAV combat, with a view toward developing techniques to perfect that mode of modern air warfare.

Butmore about that as I progress.

For those of you who don't know or remember me, I am non current in the following ratings that I held during active duty, first in the US Army Air Corps and later as a charter menber of the USAF:

Pilot, Navigator, Bombardier, Radar Operator, Flight Engineer, Aerial Gunner, Weaponeer, and Missileer.("AC" is AF terminology for Aircraft Commander)

My first experience with flt sims was in 1954 thru 1956... I was an Instructor pilot in the Boeing B47 Flt sim when it took a building full of vacuum tubes to do what we nor do on a desktop.

Though not a programmer , I have contributed toward the improvement of several simulations...Chief among them B17 II where I helped give them a reallistical working Norden Bombsight.

Since, in essence, UAV operations resemble what we here have done for years, with the major differences being a real plane on the far end of our screen, (and a PAUSE BUTTON), It will be my aim to eliminate the need for the latter. :lol:

To reiterate.... More about my progress later.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: I'm Back!

Post by Scott - A2A »

Great to have you back Joe!

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Yep I think that this is him.Great having you back Major and awesome on getting that cell phone call from you.
By the way you should ask for the password for your old screen name too.
Oh by the way Scott, the Major had a problem with his Boeing 377 Stratocruiser and accusim installation CD when he last wrote me.He told me that it wouldn't install.Is there a way we could get him another CD.-Jon

BTW Major GT182 (Remember from over at Bombs-Away) has this to say so I'll put it here.
"JJ, next time you talk to or email AC, tell him I said Hi. I've been wondering about him lately and you just made my day saying that he's ok... and still around.

He's the one responsible for the Norden bombsite being in the sim B-17 Flying Fortress "The Mighty 8th". Tho it's dumbed down for us dummies to use it, it was sweet... and trickie too. LOL"
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

dronedriver
Airman Basic

Post by dronedriver »

It's nice to be remembered, guys. I'll get back to each of you, individually, by PM real soon.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Welcome Back Major!

<0 You've been missed.

We was just talking about you over at the Bombs-Away forums too.
Snuffy

dronedriver
Airman Basic

Post by dronedriver »

Scott - A2A wrote:Great to have you back Joe!

Scott.
Thanks, Scott!

I dropped a letter to you in the post today.

Joe

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

Great to see you around Major. Hope you're doing well out there in the hot California sun. Image
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Hi AC. Been a long time since I seen you on these forums. I have not been here much either. Still flying FS9/GW3. Good to here from you again.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”