AC back online I can confirm.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

AC back online I can confirm.

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Well I just got an an email from AC on his new laptop (I think that I was the first person who has emailed him at his new email address)
Earlier I had received a cell phone call from him (I was kind of lax at writing him a letter).
It's quite possible that he (our oldest member I think) might be back at the forum again at least for occasional visits.Apparently in his last letter to me he had problems with the installation on the CD back up disk of the Boeing 377 Stratocruiser add on with accusim though.For some reason it wouldn't install right.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Osram
BDG & A2A

Re: AC back online I can confirm.

Post by Osram »

Great news!
I hope his health is ok.

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

He told me that he was sick for a long while but when I talked to him he seemed in good spirits.
I didn't recognize his voice at first on the telephone but shortly it clicked and I knew that it was him.He wants to help Scott out too with a project.
By the way over the past 2 weeks I haven't noticed the nuisance spammers anymore.
Usually I reported them several times a day but not anymore.
I don't know what you guys have done to the forum but I think it's great.

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

JJB17463rdBombGroup wrote:He told me that he was sick for a long while but when I talked to him he seemed in good spirits.
I didn't recognize his voice at first on the telephone but shortly it clicked and I knew that it was him.He wants to help Scott out too with a project.
That's great news on AC, I hope he continues to do well.
JJB17463rdBombGroup wrote:By the way over the past 2 weeks I haven't noticed the nuisance spammers anymore.
Usually I reported them several times a day but not anymore.
I don't know what you guys have done to the forum but I think it's great.
You may not seem them but those of us with admin rights on the forum still see them and blast away several per day. They are still there and still spamming but new procedures mean that they never make it as far as the public forums.
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

JJ, next time you talk to or email AC, tell him I said Hi. I've been wondering about him lately and you just made my day saying that he's ok... and still around.

He's the one responsible for the Norden bombsite being in the sim B-17 Flying Fortress "The Mighty 8th". Tho it's dumbed down for us dummies to use it, it was sweet... and trickie too. LOL

Edit: I just watched the YouTube video of your dad's ride in Sentimental Journey. Heard him say he was on the Ploesti Raid... my late uncle was on that raid too as a togglier on a B-17 - "Mission Belle". At least that's what he told me years ago.
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

GT182 I will do that.He might show up at your forum (BA) as well since I gave him the link (He forgot it being off the Internet for quite a long while).I don't want to email him too often though.
Yeah that video of my dad is kind of old.It was from 1985.What I cherish about it is that it is one of the few videos that I have of my late father talking (Plus he is on a B-17!).I enjoy hearing his voice again when I miss him.I do have some home movies from the 1960's from super 8 mm motion picture film but that's silent.

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

JJ, thanks.

BTW.... I haven't been on BA in a long time. It's been off the net for a bit, I'll have to go back and see if it's returned. The guys probably don't even miss me. LOL
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Say what bomb group was late uncle in? I'd just like to know.
I've heard of several aircraft called the Mission Belle before (some were B-24's)
Obviously if he was on a B-17 on the Ploesti missions he had to be in one of the 5th Bomb Wings groups (2nd,97th,99th,301st,463rd,483rd)

So far I haven't seen the BA site down well maybe one day in the past I couldn't access it I think.
Yeah we miss you too.It's great having you here as well.
Say hi to Joe (dronedriver) back on the forum.Yeah that's him and extremely doubtful that it's an impostor -Jon

dronedriver
Airman Basic

Post by dronedriver »

GT182 wrote:JJ, thanks.

BTW.... I haven't been on BA in a long time. It's been off the net for a bit, I'll have to go back and see if it's returned. The guys probably don't even miss me. LOL
Yeah It.s me alright GT :) I hope to hang around here for a good while.
Glad to learn that you,JJ, Snuffy, Osram et all are still flying

I checked BA yesterday and there doesn't seem to be any posts on B.A. since about 2002.

Perhaps A2A's B17 can spark a resurrection of it.

I talked to Doc about a week or so ago ... He is OK as well!

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Great to see you again Mr. Worsley! <0

There is a current running thread in B-A right now about how many guys are reloading the sim on their newer machines and finding the joy they once had ... THIS THREAD

The thought was even generated about reviving the v8th again.
Snuffy

dronedriver
Airman Basic

Post by dronedriver »

Snuffy_Hadden wrote:Great to see you again Mr. Worsley! <0

There is a current running thread in B-A right now about how many guys are reloading the sim on their newer machines and finding the joy they once had ... THIS THREAD

The thought was even generated about reviving the v8th again.
Hi Snuffy!

I'll drop over there and get current.

Joe

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Also it would be nice to have Joe help with the upcoming accusim enhancement for the WOP II B-17.
I'm sure that you have seen the video of Scott's recent trip on a B-17 on A2ASimulations front page.
Joe I have a friend who has the same model laptop as your previous one.He got a laptop cooler to extend it's life.
You may want to consider getting one (for your new "secret" laptop) as they're pretty inexpensive.
What it is is a frame with extra fans on it to cool laptop components better and apparently it can vastly extend component lifetime.
Here are some examples.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... op+coolers

Anyway someday A2ASimulations will come out with a heavy bomber simulation and we know it.
I just hope that you're around to see that day-Jon

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”